“Nice property but area not great”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Orlando, Florida
“Nice property but area not great”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just stayed 1 night to break up our long drive. Hotel is really nice. Rooms are large and clean. Was worried after reading about the noisy trains. We asked to be in the front of the hotel and did not hear 1 train. Have no idea the noise level if staying in the back of the hotel. Lounge and restaurant area nice but really really slow service.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tamarick
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn to break up your long drive. We are happy you found our hotel to be nice, quiet and clean.

I do apologize for the slow service at our restaurant. We are in the process of adjusting our staff and processes and expect to deliver much quicker service as a result.

Thank you again!
David Fontaine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was good for an overnight. It's located a short distance from exit 16. It was clean and safe, with a large room at a reasonable price. The front desk staff was very helpful as well. The only negative was the breakfast, which was average, not terribly efficient, and way too expensive.

Stayed July 2014
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Greg,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn! It's good to hear you enjoyed your room and our great staff. I will use your feedback to make adjustments to our breakfast offering and ensure it's every bit as good as the rest of our hotel.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here when taking two children to Wild Adventures..based on location and price. The hotel staff and room were excellent. The children enjoyed the pool. Our room was clean, and was quiet considering the number of people in the hotel. My problem began in the a.m. when we went for breakfast in Azaleas the inside restaurant.. we waited for a hostess to seat us for 15 minutes ..three tables needed clearing .. a waitress cleaned one, seated the people in front of us and then began yelling that it was " Megan's turn to clean the next one".. meanwhile we wait..The waitress that came to take our order.. Pointed to one of the children I was with ( a nine year old who had recently lost her mother to suicide) and said " MY daughter is six and she is chunky like this one and proceeded to pull up pics on her phone of her daughter". I wanted to take her aside and tell her what damage her words were doing...Meanwhile a roach is crawling on the wall at our booth and I ask another waitress for a napkin to kill it.. then laying it on her serving tray ..she said we have sprayed and sprayed and they still are a problem.. After 40 minutes we received our order of cereal/banana, 2 eggs/ english muffin and one order of pancakes that were burned.. I payed for our order because the children had already lost enough time in getting to the park.and even though they ate for free.. I felt the meal should have been comped entirely. When turning in my keys.. I related the service to the young man at the service desk. The hotel was comfortable and I recommend..juts don't visit the restaurant with high expectations..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandi011_11
Sandi,

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the "excellent" staff and rooms at our Holiday Inn! Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Wild Adventures.

I am very sorry for your experience at our restaurant, none of which is acceptable and all of which is well below the standards of our hotel. We have addressed the situation internally and it will not happen again.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience, as I would like to apologize again and make the needed adjustments to your bill: (229) 244-1111.

Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

great place to stay, awesome hot tub and great suits with Jacuzzi . the only down side is there is no free breakfast. but there is a restaurant in the hotel that serves breakfast, however I have never tried it. looks good but I am happier with fast food breakfast prices. I will continue to stay there on my trips to Valdosta for sure.

Room Tip: the two queen bed rooms are a little cramped , I have been in the jaccuzi suite the king suite and t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
It's great to hear you enjoyed our great staff and your personal Jacuzzi at our Holiday Inn. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

All the best,
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on way down to Florida. Easy to find right off of interstate. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Had breakfast in hotel restaurant. Was decent. Hotel was quiet even though it was packed. Beds were comfortable. Was a quick stay but enjoyable.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank keegrsmom
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We appreciate that you have a choice of hotels when you travel and are delighted you chose our Holiday Inn to stay at on your way to Florida!

Thank you for visiting us, and we hope to see you again on your way back.

Best regards,
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I travel to Valdosta frequently and I have stayed here several times for business, but I won't be back for one reason. It's a great hotel and I'm extremely satisfied with everything EXCEPT the internet in the evening slows down to a crawl. It's so slow to the point of being unusable. Worse than dial up speeds. I don't know what kind of internet capacity this hotel has, but it needs to be increased. I stay 4-5 nights per week in IHG properties all over Georgia/Florida and this is the only one where I have experienced poor internet service like this. I have stayed in rooms on 3 different floors and on different sides. I've used the internet in the morning and it's fine. Seems to just be an issue in the evenings. Get the internet fixed, and you'll regain an otherwise very satisfied frequent customer. Until then, I'll be staying down the road at your competitor where the internet is fast and reliable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us several times and letting us know we're a "great" hotel. However, I apologize deeply for the internet issues you have experienced.

We did recently upgrade our incoming speed and added extra access points throughout the hotel. I will share your feedback with our service provider, though, and revisit the speeds, with focus on the evening hours.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to regain you as a long-term customer.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I'm pretty tough on reviewing hotels; therefore please keep in mind of the good and bad of this review is purely based on my expectations and observations. This hotel is in an "okay" location of Valdosta; not much really around this hotel, you'll have to drive to "nicer" locations. The lobby was pleasant. I was greeted as a IHG Gold Member, but front desk staff is a little "dry" on personality. I did not use the pool area but looked really nice. Luggage racks are hard to come by and have been abused quite a bit; I really wished people would take care of things that are not theirs, but that's another story.

The double queen room was standard fare, nothing fancy, it was clean, acceptable and roomy for a family of four.

Bar service was a little slow, but I was taken care of once server/bartender arrived.

Breakfast was so-so. Our breakfast was served on the cold side, obviously sat there longer than expected to get to our table or they are not cooking to order. Nevertheless, I was rather disappointed.

In summary, I'm indifferent on staying here again. I'd probably look for something different than this hotel on my next trip through Valdosta...I have been impressed with other locations in the area; this is a "meh"

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We strive to perform flawlessly in every area of our service, but we also need to know when we fall short.

I will use your feedback as a training example with our front desk team to ensure they always show the excitement we feel when new guests arrive. Additionally, I will review the state of our luggage racks and plan for upgrades as soon as possible. Finally, I will review your input with our restaurant staff to determine how we delivered food "on the cold side" when everything we make is cooked to order.

Thank you again. I hope we have a chance to serve you again and demonstrate the improvements in the areas you noted.