“Great for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Florida
“Great for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2007

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed here on the way to Birmingham, AL. It was convenient to I-75 and close to many restaurants. Front lobby decorated nicely for holiday. Room was clean and odor-free. Hair dryer, iron& board and coffee maker included. Beds comfy, shampoo,conditioner provided. Plastic drinking cups. Breakfast included, with juice, coffee, pastries, donuts, cereal, toaster waffles, bagels, bread for toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt. Nothing terribly fancy, but very adequate for what we needed. Front desk personnel at check in (7:30 pm or so) was very nice but checkout girl (7am) could have cared less - maybe it was the hour of the morning. We felt safe in the location and would stay here again.

• Liked — Location, pet friendly
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank redbug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2007

We stayed at the hotel while we were there for a trip tp Wild Adventures. The room was okay but the bathroom could have been a littlecleaner. The room had a fridge and microwave. There is a pool and playground for the kids and also a little area for the kids to play min. golf. It's not a course but just a flat area with holes but the kids liked it anyways. Breakfast is only till 9a.m.. the problem is they don't keep things full till 9. Around 8:30 if they run out that's it. So get there early. We were at Wild Adventured from 10-10 so we were never in the room. So for the price you can't beat it.

• Liked — pool/playground
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sixonthego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2006

We stayed at the Quality Inn North in Valdosta, GA, January 23, 2006 and I left my hearing aid by mistake in our room #155. Realizing I did not have my hearing aid about 30 miles down the road on the 24th I called the hotel and Laura Polite said she would go check the room and for me to call back in 15 minutes. When I called her back, she had the hearing aid at the front desk and when we arrived back it was waiting there for me.
Thank heaven she checked the room immediately before the cleaning crew came through.
I appreciate Laura Polite's help very much!!
I hope the management of the Quality Inn North take note of a good employee.
Thank you.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2005

We stayed at this property enroute to Daytona Beach. It was comfortable, the staff was helpful, it was clean. There was renovation going on while we were there so there may be new rooms in the near future.

• Stayed March 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2003

I called to make reservations back in November of 2002 with a Robin and everthing was fine. Then 3 days before arrival I called to confirm my reservations with a Heather and I gave her my lock in price and she said fine.upon arrival of 13 hours I was rudly told that I didn't have two rooms there. NOT HERE YOU DON"T" Heather replies. so I got my confirmation sheet and she said OH here's one room but a different price. PLUS she said Robin doesn't work here now so that price isn't any good. Then she found the other room. In the mean while my husband comes in wondering what is taking so long, I told him so he went to tell the other party that we were with what was happening, Well. Heather told me that I had to tell my husband to keep it quiet out there. We weren't telling strangers how rude Heather was or how un professioal she was we were just stating the facts why there was a delay. she did contact the manager which did give us our rooms for the quoted price, But I can't believe how this Heather acted maybe she thought that she was someone because she was trainning a young man for the frount dest. I sure hope that he doesn't act like this. I'm a Mystery Shopper for many business here in Ohio and I have yet to have such a bad experience here as I did with your chain of Hotel. The Rupert's

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2003

I'm pretty easy to please, but the service at this Quality Inn was terrible. The manager complained about guests in the presence of other guests and even called some of the guests idiots. The chain lock was broken on my room door. When I mentioned it to the front desk, I was told I didn't need the chain lock since the keys were electronic. Housekeeping did a good job.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member