“Must Have Improved Since Last Reviews”

Rodeway Inn Valdosta
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Usually I read the reviews on Tripadvisor before I book but fortunately I was not able to when booking this room (otherwise I probably would not have done so).
The outside of he motel was tastefully landscaped, so my first impression was good.
The hotel staff was friendly and courteous.
The room was clean and comfortable. The beds had "down" comforters on them, just like upscale hotels and were comfortable, with good bed linen and 3 pillows per bed.
The carpet looked new, so these rooms may have been recently refurbished.
There was a small refrigerator in the room and the air conditioner worked well.
Breakfast was average (for a Choice Hotel), with the standard waffles, etc.
There was coffee in the room, which I did not make, but my only complain about this hotel was the coffee at the buffet.
I am a person who looks for cleanliness and value and I found it here.
I will be staying here on my next trip through Valdosta....I will just bring my own coffee the next time (-:

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank danielanita

Reviewed 4 August 2010

I am the first to praise good things. The room was filthy, the linens were stained, there were cockroaches in the room. It advertised wireless internet and it wouldn't connect. The room next door had a smoke detector that needed a new battery. Nice desk staff. What is even more upsetting is that I tried calling Choice Hotels Customer Service three times after our stay. Each time I was on hold more than 20 minutes and they never picked up. I also sent a request via their website and did not receive a call back or email either. Entire property was very run down.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackandsuetravel
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We have stayed here several times over the past years and this was the last. The hotel has turned into a dump!! Dirty floors.. the smoke detector was hamging out of the wall, mold in the bathrooms and to top it off they had thin old bedspreads with bleach stains on them. STAY AWAY !!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ganodi
Reviewed 10 April 2010

The first two days of our stay were "okay" at best. The furniture was in very rough shape, the front desk was not helpful, the housekeeping staff was pushy, and I killed a huge spider the first night. We were planning on staying for three nights; however, this morning, our stay was cut short when my husband was taking a bath which was interrupted by a GIANT cockroach crawling up through the overdrain part of the bathtub. The front desk was AWFUL and told us we could check out but that we had to leave immediately and they wouldn't help with our stuff (we had a ton of things because of being here for a family emergency). I called the HIlton next door and they were amazing and agreed to watch our belongings and to prepare a room ASAP. I highly suggest that you do not attempt to stay at the Quality Inn, it is beyond awful!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swana87
Reviewed 8 January 2010

this is an older hotel, and it shows. typical 1970's design wiht outside corridors and large windows with wall unit underneath.
it was clean enough for a hotel of its age.
i stay there twice a year on the way to FL and service has always been nice.
breakfast is typical for choice hotel brands - pastries, cereal, hot waffes etc...
many other restaraunts near by,and is convienent to interstate.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2009

Pillows crusty and dirty, tub dirty. Bedbugs during the night, had visible skin bumps and bites in the morning.

Management indifferent; offered 20% off on my next stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2009

This is not a good place to stay if you want a clean and fresh room . The room itself was not dirty, but it was old and musty, and the bed linens appeared to be very old and worn out. Staff was nice and good, but this is a poor choice. I felt dirty when i left. The bathroom sink didn't drain correctly.

• Stayed: March 2009