“Grace and Generocity”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valdosta
Fairview Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Valdosta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Although I love to stay in a B & B whenever I can, I can seldom afford it. What a nice surprise to find one that is warm, convenient, beautifully restored and decorated, and that costs not much more than a mid-priced hotel plus breakfast. I happened to pick up a copy of the Georgia Travel Guide at the Welcome Center and phoned the Fairview Inn out of curiosity. The price quoted by Linda was so reasonable that I had to say I'd call back. I wanted to check the TA reviews before committing! Having read them, I called back immediately to book for the night. Linda warned me that, following River Road from the Interstate, I'd be passing through a less that inviting area, and I'm glad she did! Literally crossing the tracks, you find the oldest residential part of Valdosta--and a collection of graceful and lovingly restored homes and gardens. Iwrin greeted me in the driveway, offering to help me with my luggage. The first thing I noticed upon entering was the welcoming aroma of the garden's citrus trees and spring flowers. My immaculate room had a nautical theme, a superbly comfortable bed, a desk (with fast wi-fi available), and a wonderful shower! The only thing I felt lacking was a good reading light by the bed--a small matter. Breakfast was ample, southern, and delicious. When I commented to Irwin that I appreciated their making such a beautiful place and experience affordable, he explained that they were committed to sharing their home at the most reasonable price they could. How nice is THAT!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mbj2

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I was stopping in Valdosta to visit a friend that has a restaurant downtown (Steel Magnolia's) and wanted to stay close to downtown plus if I can stay in a B&B vs a hotel - that is an added bonus.

Linda greeted me when I arrived at this beautifully manicured home. Upon entering the home, you know right away that it was restored with loving care. The downstairs is where the parlor, dining room and kitchen are and the bedrooms are all upstairs. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of my room, but it was formerly their sons room and decorated in red whit and blue! Super comfortable bed and every thing was immaculately clean!

The breakfast was fabulous with bacon, eggs, biscuits, home made preserves and coffee. Irvin (Linda's husband) made the breakfast and since I was the only one there, he kept me company.

I have to say - this is much more that I could have ever expected. I guarantee I will be back with husband and parents with me sooner rather than later.

Look for my review on Steel Magnolia's also.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous and have en suite bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sfarmer1228
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised by the homey style, family breakfast in the kitchen and friendly owners. They had recommended a wonderful restaurant for dinner which was fairly close. Our stay was brief but very comfortable on our way to southern Florida. We would definitely stay again.

John and Roxanne

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a one night get-away for two. The home is amazing! We stayed in the Green Room and were greeted by the owners as soon as we drove up. The room was clean and quiet, and the next morning, we ate breakfast with several other guests in the formal dining room... It was delicious. This will definitely be on our lists of get-aways again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed here on our way to Florida right before Christmas. Even though we were the only guests staying here, our room was not ready when we arrived. Irvin had to rearrange the room of some items that were out of place (new tv, artwork on bed, small refrigerator). This was not a big deal, however, there were no pictures on the wall and few decorations. On the web site the room is called The Christmas Room, but no longer. Perhaps they are in transition. On the plus side, the room was immaculate. It is very roomy with lovely furnishings. The entire house is very clean. Irvin allowed us to look at other rooms which were decorated very attractively. Since we were the only guests for breakfast, we ate in their kitchen. It was a simple breakfast, but tasty. Irvin was attentive to our breakfast needs. I missed dining in their grand dining room. Perhaps another time. The outside of the house and grounds are kept very nicely and we enjoyed seeing other "painted ladies" on the block as we walked around. We would return again and like to stay in the suite sometime.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This 1800's home is in one of the quietest neighborhoods I have ever heard! We spent a weekend in early Novemember of 2012 and felt like we were in paradise! Linda was out of town, but Irvin did an awesome job of making our stay more than comfortable! The breakfast alone would be worth the price if we would have had to sleep on the floor!!!! Enjoyed the quiet backyard. This is a great place to spend a romantic weekend with your loved one and just really "chill". We really enjoyed a nice romantic dinner at the near-by restaurant called "306 North" within walking distance. We stayed in the Green Room and found it very comfortable!

Room Tip: If you like to listen to your music through an i-pod, you might want to bring your own player. Their...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I didn't know what to expect. But as we drove this tree lined neighborhood older restored homes we came upon this beautifully restored two story home,all I could say was "wow". As I entered the front door I felt ihad stepped back in time, restored antiques in every room I came to. Wonderfully decorated. Linda and Irvin have put their heart and soul into this home. They make you fell that way as well. Saturday morning they made us somthing called Rotel grits, bacon and biskits,coffee and oj. I do not like grits. But I tried them so I wouldn't embarass my wife, I had four helpings! Probably embarassed the wife anyway. Sunday mornning we had breakfast in the huge dinning room. Seven of us, all family, it was heaven. Biskits bacon and sausage. And blackberry french toast caserole (three helpings this time). This place is wonderful, Lina and Ivine are friendly and caring. They make you feel like this is your home. Even the dogs in the back are friendly and love to to have their heads scratched. I can't say enough about the Fairview Inn. But we'll be there next October.

• Stayed: October 2012