“Great Value + Great Location”

Motel 6 Valdosta University
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 8 November 2012

It's certainly not an upscale place but above the average for a Motel 6 & well worth the money charged. The room was clean, parking ample and bedding in good condition. The only drawback was the rude clerk on duty in the early AM, but you're going to get this sometime anywhere.Location is just off interstate 75 and easy to spot.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 August 2012

The Good: Great Prices, Basically Friendly Staff, Reasonably kept rooms and Swimming Pool. 2.99 per-day Wi-Fi internet. Ok Location, Convenient to Wild Adventures Park.

The Bad: There seems to be a lot of "semi-permanent residents" here who like to stay up and Party/Fight/ and/or possibly deal drugs, both inside of and out front of many rooms late at night. (Frequent random cars pulling in and out "Visiting" these people at all hours all night long.) Yet motel staff doesn't seem to care or get involved in stopping it at all.

If thay would hire some security and enforce the rules, this would be a good little motel, but untill then, I'd say pay a few bucks more for a better/safer feeling somewhere else in Valdosta.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Spent the night here and found this to be one of the best Motel 6's and the lowest in price of any of the other "one star" motels around this area. I asked for a ground floor room so I could park my bike outside the window and got a courner room on the East side in back. The room was one of the cleanest I've seen with a Motel 6 (and some are real dumps). Newer round shower in the clean bathroom. Five lights in the room lite it up, unlike some 'cheap' motels with 2 small 25 watt bulbs! Free ice and coffee in the morning. Staff was friendly. All I needed, clean bed, bathroom and coffee in the AM.

Room Tip: Close to I-75 but no road noise. Your choice of gas and food within 1/2 mile. I had a ground room a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2012

During check at first I was ok with everything until the lady told me the room number, I said thank you and she says uh huh.
Got to the room, it was around 9pm and my daughter wanted to swim a few minutes, pool closed at 930, so I took her over to the pool area. At 930 the lady from front desk approached the corner of the walk way and said, ok ladies pools closed I need you to get out, and can you hurry I have a front desk to watch. I found that to be a little rude. We got out and headed to the room. In the room we inspected the showers in which we found hair and also found hairs all over our beds. At this point I decided to go to the front desk and have my money returned and go somewhere else. When she asked why I told her about the beds and shower and her response was 'I personally know the lady that cleans that room and have a hard time believing you' I was so mad at this I just had to walk away. No apologies were given or anything. So we left and went to Days Inn. The next morning at breakfast we were telling our server at the restaurant we were at about the bad experience we had there, and her response was, honey I'm glad y'all left, that's a bad place, she informed us prostitutes hang out there and drug dealers, and to top it off people had been murdered there. It sent chills down my back! It's scary when the local people don't want to even go there!!

I work in the customer service industry and I would never treat guest like this! My family and I are moving to Valdosta in August and were there looking for a place to live. I can promise this, I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Rjhare
Reviewed 7 May 2012

i read the review from tripadvisor and took a change got a great rate on internet thur motel 6 site
order a non smoking room smell like smoke otherwise the rooms were good the showers hot the bed comfortable close to everything staff helpful

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I never check into a Motel 6 and expect a Marriott. For the most part, you get what you pay for right? I chose this particular one because of its convenient location to I75. For $29.99, I was a little skeptical but the room proved to be more than adequate. After my usual inspection, I was pleased to find no bugs or wayward hairs. The bed was comfy and the TV, while antiquated, worked well as did the A/C.
One comment about WiFi-I noticed an earlier comment stating the WiFi was sketchy but I didn't have a single moment's problem. If you're relying on WiFi, best to request a room near the office where the signal is stronger (I was right above the office).
Overall, this is definitely a budget motel but it actually exceeded my expectations!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 28 February 2012

You don't get what you pay for. Room was cheaper than rest in the area but I still expected a clean room. Bed was ok, shower had some hair in it and toilet near the bolts had urine on them. I got in late and didn't even go in the restroom til the next morning. EWWW. No type of breakfast and no free wi fi. coffee only and you have to pay for the wifi. Walking out of the room the area made me think of a hotel in the 60's. I would not recommend this hotel nor stay at this hotel unless I brought gloves, cleaning supplies and that was all the money I had a room for. Pay extra and stay at another at the same exit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family