“It is what it is....”

Kinderlou Inn
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
“It is what it is....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel is nice if traveling with pets. I believe the hotel is older, but the staff seems to keep it fairly clean. Since we were traveling with a small dog, they reserved us a room toward the back of the development. Behind this area was a wooded area. When my husband and I returned from grabbing a quick bite for dinner we heard yelling in the hallway. A man was alerting a fellow traveler that there was a snake trying to crawl into his room! Needless, to say we didn't get much sleep that night even though we had put towels around the door!

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the front if possible...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Probably a great place for conventions and reunions, this Clarion Inn is old and a little moldy. It felt clean but very worn and is not up to Clarion standards. Having said that, the price is good. It "Feels" musty.

Room Tip: Stay away from 600 building ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
naples
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I was thoroughly disappointed in my hotel room. The rug needed a good cleaning, the upholstered chair was so worn and soiled that I didn't sit in it and the bathroom smelled of urine!
I mentioned the fact that the bathroom was in need of a good disinfection when I checked out and received an apology from the desk staff. Considering I paid over $85 dollars for the room, it was a very disappointing experience. If I hadn't just driven almost 500 miles, I would have requested another room. (The room wa pre-paid so I could'nt afford to check out.) However, I had already unpacked when I realized the condition of the room and was too tired to make a change. The directions to the hotel were also confusing. You are told to drive straight ahead when you exit the highway but the exit lanes are right turn and left turn only. Don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Had the room with 2 queen size beds. They were very comfortable - nice down pillows and comforters. The room was clean and looks like the pictures on the website. Didn't swim in the pool but saw the area - very clean. We noticed on our walk to the pool that there was a screened in pavilion - thought that was cool. Breakfast was the average continental breakfast. This hotel is close to many places to eat and shop. There is a steak house on site but we didn't eat there. We were in town to goto Wild Adventures and it was very close.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sebring, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I read all the reviews and figured this was the best value in the area, and I was right. Just stopping for the night on the way to Florida, so we didn't really care about amenities like pool, etc. It was right at the exit off I-75. Saw the pool tho and it looked great-palm trees around it. Breakfast was nice-no hot eggs or meat, but plenty to fill up on. Room was clean, bedding very nice, and comfy bed and duvet. The two folks at the front desk were very friendly- Tracee and Bennie (Bernie?). And the price with AAA discount was under $70. We also had a beer at the adjoining restaurant/bar and it was nice, and servers outgoing. So if we're ever in that location again, we will stay there.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We were driving to Disney World and decided to stop in Valdosta, Georgia to rest. I booked this hotel on-line and really didn't know what to expect. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The attendant at the front desk was very friendly, the hotel 'campus' was well cared for and nicely organized. The pool was large and our room was very clean. The beds were great and the pillows were so nice to sleep on. Breakfast was included and the breakfast attendant was friendly and the breakfast area was clean. The hotel is conveniently located off the highway with easy access both on and off. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

The staff was very polite. The room was very clean. Next time we are in town we will come back to this hotel again! While the first clerk was helping me the second clerk joined in to help to speed up the check in process.

• Stayed May 2013