“Stopped on our way back to Florida” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kinderlou Inn

Kinderlou Inn
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Sarasota, Florida
“Stopped on our way back to Florida”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with staff, rates, and pet friendly. We will put this on our return list. Rooms were clean and tidy. All needs were met for a good night sleep. We felt secure. One downside was where you had to get your ice and snacks. It was a separate room you gad to access with your Inn key.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lighthouse6465

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Horrible experience no manager or authority on weekend duty while being harassed, physical threatened and bullied at pool. Locals consumes entire pool area and when their behaviour was reported I was told to calm down and if I went out there to stand up for myself she (guest service) would call police To Me. Two female travellers with 2 9 year olds. Did not feel safe what so ever. I have never had worse customer service in my life.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cocophotopcb
Rantoul, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stopped here for the night on the way to Florida. Decent place. Slightly outdated but it was all we needed for the night. Pool was a nice plus. On site restaurant was great. Breakfast Bar was not great but again had just what we needed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Guntersville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were traveling south to Orlando, just passing through in the middle of the night. We just need to rest from the road. The hotel was neat & clean. Priced less than $80. Breakfast was very good. We would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RichFT
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Although the room was very clean and the beds and pillows comfortable, no thought was given to our pet. They provided us with a corridor room which was very far from an exit and to top things off it was opposite the vending and ice machines so when anyone went to get ice, etc., naturally the dog would growled and/or bark. Information booklet needs updating for it states room service available and it isn't. The highlight was the next door restaurant Austin's.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is one of those "you get what you pay for" places; it's definitely not fancy and needs a lot of cosmetic work, but it was comfortable and clean. I especially liked the beds with the duvets. The location is fantastic; lots of places to eat; Walmart, Sam's; etc. We liked the fact that half the people on our hall had dogs since we had brought ours and we love dogs. Another plus is that Austin's Steakhouse is on the premises; my medium rare steak was perfect. The breakfast is decent, but needs to be in a more spacious area. It's so crowded that you can't enjoy the breakfast. This place would do well to just knock down the whole thing and start new; lots of potential for a really great experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room in the newer section in the back.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family decided to stop over in Valdosta to go to Wild Adventures. We had my family of 2 adults and our 2 children plus my niece and nephew and 2 dogs. We called around to several of the "Pet Friendly Hotels" to try to get a room at the last minute. I found that most of the "Pet Friendly" hotels had several rules about leaving your pet unattended and/or charged extra for more than 4 people in one room. We found Clarion Hotel under the "Pet Friendly" site and decided to try it. We were able to get a room for almost half of what I had already made a reservation for at the Best Western. When we got to the hotel, we were early and wanted to get our room, deposit our 2 dogs (after feeding and walking them) then get to the park. I was never asked how many people were staying in my room, or given any snooty comments about my pets being left alone. We did give the staff both of our phone numbers to contact us if they needed to. Me and my husband took turns going back to the room every 3 hours to check on the dogs and take them for a walk. Later that night we called to the front desk and asked for extra bedding and towels. It was provided with no questions asked. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room we had was clean and neat. My only concern was that there would be problems with the people from the strip club across the street. Luckily it was Sunday and it was closed so I don't know how things would be when the strip club was open. I asked the staff if they ever had problems with the patrons from the strip club coming on the hotel property and the staff said they never had any problems. I really liked the pool area and right beside the pool was a Volley ball court with sand and everything and a shuffle board area. The pool was nice and clean and had a deep end and shallow end. My kids really enjoyed the pool. I will stay here the next time I go to Valdosta and would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family