“Nice clean & safe place to stay”
Review of Kinderlou Inn

Kinderlou Inn
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 17 June 2005

I am a single female business traveler. This hotel was nice, clean and safe. I was able to get a room that opens to an inside hallway. The room was very large. Sort of dated, but clean and nice. The breakfast is pretty good. My only complaint is that their waffles and french toast are the frozen type that are heated up in a microwave. It sure would have been nice if they would get those waffle machines that many of the hotels have these days. Anyway, it is a nice quiet hotel. The pool looks huge. Too bad it was raining, otherwise I would have used it.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled on business
2  Thank robundle

Reviewed 14 April 2005

We took the advice of other reviewers and stayed at this hotel last week. It was spotlessly clean, the rooms were comfortable and we felt safe here. The staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly. Breakfast is served in a small cafe near the pool and there is a good choice. The hotel was only 10 minutes away from the Wild Adventure theme park which is where we were headed. Downsides - well we ate at the adjacent steakhouse restaurant - it was OK- not great. The hotel is near a busy road and railway so be prepared for a bit of noise. Over all though it was a good deal and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank linpom
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 1 January 2005

We had to go unexpectedly to Florida right after Christmas. Decided to stay overnight in Valdosta. CHecked at the Country Inn and Suites and a Hampton Inn and Suites. Both were a bit pricey for out tastes. We went to the Comfort Inn and they were most accomodating. They showed us a room, which had been recently renovated. The room looked the same as the ones at the other two hotels. The other hotels just gave us a key and sent us on our way. The Comfort Inn sent someone with us and gave us a quick tour of the property as well. This is a very large hotel, I counted 6 different buildings. The grounds are well kept and even thougn it was too cold to swim the pool was cryaal clear. I saw a shuffleboard court and a volleyball court near the pool.

We ate at the restaurant on their property which was a great suprise for motel food. I had the Ribeye and my wife had a Delmonico steak. Both were cooked to perfection. There was no wait and we were seated quickly. the Service in the restaurant was very good also.

When we went from the restaurant back to our hotel room we noticed a security guard in the parking lot. This made us sleep a little better. Speaking of sleep, we slept comfortably through the night.

In the morning we stopped in at their breakfast. We were pleasently suprised by the variety of items. They had Full size bisquits with Sausge patties, not the 1/2 dollar sized pre packaged sausage bisquits you see at other hotel breakfasts.

Over all we had a great stay and will come back if we stop in Valdosta again

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. Augustine, FL
Reviewed 16 September 2003

Stayed at the Comfort Inn after much research on a place to take my family (first time hotel experience with the kids in tow). Found Comfort Inn to be neat and the staff very friendly and helpful. The pool was closed the two days we stayed and when I expressed disappointment about this because we were planning to use it, the desk attendent apologized and tried to accomodate me. He called the Sleep Inn in town to see if they would match the rate I got, but I told him I wanted to stay at the Comfort. I asked him if I could get a discount and he gave me one with out any problem. It does not hurt to ask!

The hallway smelled of smoke, but the room did not. We had an interior corridor, but one of the outside doors was broken and you did not need the key to get in. The room had a refridgerator and microwave which we used and were thankful for! The deluxe breakfast was OK, better than others and free, so who can complain? Sauage Bisquits, hardboiled eggs, danishes, doughnuts . . .

You won't be disappointed in your stay.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Satellite Beach, FL
Reviewed 19 April 2003

I have stayed at most places in Valdosta. By far this place is the best. Great Staff, Clean Rooms, Excellent Breakfast. they even have hot sausage biscuits.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member