“Friendly staff, nice room”

Quality Inn At The Mall
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Jacksonville, Florida
“Friendly staff, nice room”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Everyone was incredibly friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very soft. The TV has a ridiculous number of channels available. There is a free continental breakfast, which isn't bad. They have boiled eggs, cereal, pastries, bananas, fruit juices, coffee, and my favorite - a waffle maker. Overrall, the food wasn't bad, for being free. Try the apple papaya peach juice, if you get a chance.

Room Tip: The higher the room number, the furthest from the pool and the office the room will be
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandi_T79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This hotel is very tired and dreary. The rooms are dark and a little noisy. The TV did not work in the first room and the clock radio did not work in the second room. The beds were uncomfortable and the sheets did not stay tucked in. The breakfast was OK. The best feature of this hotel is its close proximity to the mall. It is right on the parking lot! The staff were helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank grandma_sue63

Travellers are raving about these Valdosta hotels

Reviewed 23 February 2012

It's ok & cheap !! Nothing special. Free Internet. Everything nicer was already full. Daytona 500 week

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Jtownray
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Great place to stay, especially if you have a pet. Clean and no pet odor.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank garbo286
Reviewed 15 October 2011

The only 2 positive things I can say about this place are that the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and the price was very reasonable. However, there was obviously a reason why this place had rooms available while all others were booked! Carpets were filthy and barely vacuumed, 2 dead beetles on the floor, other peoples hair on the bed sheets, along with something resembling freshly dried blood under and on one of the pillows. I would only recommend staying if you absolutely can't drive any longer and every other hotel is full!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Angelfrog36
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We got a GREAT deal - $60 incl tax for a Sat night, non-smoking King bed (w/ AAA discount). The rooms were more like a 3-star than a 2-star, really loved our room. The pool was so nice - clean, and even tho not heated it was the perfect temp after a hot day! We swam @ 10pm and no one kicked us out hehe! Free breakfast in the am, it was awesome. Only complaint was some urine on the toilet seat when we arrived - but everything else was really nice and clean. Would totally stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Jess R
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Checked in on a Thursday night. Room was musty and damp. Carpet was old and dirty. The bathroom was one of the worst I have seen in all my travels. The shower head was broken so that I had to hold it in one hand while I washed with the other. I reported it to the front desk on Friday morning and was told that it would be taken care of. When I got back to the room that night it still had not been fixed. Saturday when I checked on it I was told that they could not get the parts on the weekend. Well by Tuesday night it still had not been fixed. Bugs were also a problem. I don't know what type of bugs they were but I think they might have been fleas by the way they just around on the sink. Yes I also reported this to the front desk. I hope they get that fixed before someone else gets that room. The continental breakfast is not up to par with the other hotels in the area. They did offer to move me to other room and I turned the offer down because others in my group were having problems with their rooms also. Better to just go to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Airforce95
wmfoster40, General Manager at Quality Inn At The Mall, responded to this review, 16 July 2011
Dear Airforce95,

I am sorry to hear that your stay here at our hotel was not a pleasant one. I assure you that this is not the way things are done here. I am sorry I was not present to speak to concerning the problems you encountered while here. However, I am currently in the process of fixing the issues and concerns you had and suggested. Please feel free to contact me, I would to have the opportunity to speak with you on these issues and also get your feedback on ways that you see that we can improve upon, we are always looking for way to improve guests stay here at our hotel. I am truly sorry for the problem you had and hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we are a great hotel. We strive to make sure that every guest is happy, confortable, and enjoy a great time here with us at the Crescent Inn.

Best Regards,