La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB
Courtyard Valdosta(Valdosta)
US$146
US$141
1,328 results
All reviewshappy hoursausageevening receptionpet ownersfirst floorsmall dogfrieshot breakfastwafflesa great place to staypool and hot tubpleasant surpriseafter a long dayfree breakfastroom was clean and comfortablestaff was very friendlylong drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2008

The folks at LaQuinta couldn't have been nicer. We were unable to get one of our channels that we were looking forward to seeing after our long drive and within minutes they were there to fix the problem (well, didn't get it fixed right away as it turned out to be the station's fault) but it came back on eventually. The room was nice and clean, free internet service, great food in the morning, reasonable price for an overnight stay. We will definitely be stopping by again on our travels up from FL to NC. A perfect example of how nice a place can be that allows pets. Unlike our destination at Callaway Gardens Mountainview Inn, where pets are allowed but your accomodations were pretty much the pits. Lovely place but you pay $30 extra for the pet and the room was in need of som upkeep. No dogs allowed at the Spa and Lodge, and that of course is the resort where you'd like to stay! They'll catch on eventually I guess. Anyway, 5 stars to LaQuinta! Great Cookies!!!!! Great Service!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ElmoCary
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2008

Thanks you for your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I 'm sorry the rest of your trip's accommodations were not as nice though. Either way, I am sure you had a great time! You are the first person in reviews to mention our cookies and I have to tell you - it can be hard working here with those heavenly cookies baking in front of you! Happy Holidays! : )

Reviewed 9 April 2008

We were looking for a nicer, yet affordable, hotel to spend the weekend in while visiting my stepdaughter at Valdosta State College, and the La Quinta Inn and Suites fit the bill nicely. Less than 3 miles away from the campus, the La Quinta was extremely conveniently located and had almost anything you could need with in a mile or two of the hotel.

Check in was nice and easy and the hotel is very nicely maintained and clean looking. Our bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were both large enough that we didn't feel crowded.

The breakfast buffet had a nice variety of items to choose from including donuts and pasteries, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, frozen waffles and fresh bagels. It was definitely one of the nicer spreads I've seen for a complimentary breakfast.

The hotel also has an outdoor pool and a hot tub. It was too cold and rainy for the pool, but we enjoyed the hot tub instead.

The one problem we did have was for some reason (and it seemed we weren't the only ones this was happening to) the room key would be reset and we'd have to visit the front desk for them to reactivate it. The front desk folks told my husband that they were having issues with their system, but we had no trouble getting it reset each time, so it really wasn't too big a problem for us.

All in all we were very happy with our stay at the La Quinta and we would definitely stay at the La Quinta the next time we visit Valdosta.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisagv

I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us! I do want to say in regards to the keys being reset multiple times that we did have our terminals replaced after your stay and they are working great! I can assure you that is not a problem here. Happy Holidays & Go Blazers! : )

Reviewed 2 March 2008

First time stay at a La Quinta, primarily due to the fact we needed a dog friendly hotel for our drive down to Florida. The large dog area was great and included bags, though many dog owners chose not to pick up after their dogs. Don't quite understand this, especially when the hotel provides the bags to pick up. Anyway, there were quite a few hotel guests with dogs, though we did not witness any bad behaviours from the pets. This hotel was clean but is definitely dated. We stayed at the Macon La Quinta on our return ttrip and it was much newer (and less expensive!)

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank SadieDog03

I am glad to see you had a pleasant stay with us! I apologize for the pet area being a little messy (as you said people don't pick up after there pets like they should - I am a dog owner myself and I unfortunately see that everywhere), but we do ensure that it is clean on a daily basis now. We'll usually wait until guests have checked out for the day so we can clean once the 'aftermath' is upon us...if you know what I mean. : ) Thanks for your review & Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 5 January 2008

Picked this hotel based upon reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. Drove for 15 hours and was hoping for a peaceful stay and this worked out great. Hotel staff was friendly, it was clean and quiet. Close to the highway and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank keoki9

We're glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the review, and Happy Holdiays!

Reviewed 7 October 2007

I arrived at this La Quinta before check in. The hotel was sold out the night before but they found me a room (actually an upgrade) and I was able to go right to the room. Room and Motel were very clean, staff was helpful and friendly. Have to include the breakfast, it was very good. Hot, and it was "real", not frozen. (I saw the kitchen where it was prepared)
24 hr coffee was hot at midnight.
Several restaurants within walking distance of less than 1/2 mile. Very impressed with this motel and I almost always stay at another chain. This was my first LaQuinta stay in over 20 yrs. I'll stay here again when in Valdosta, GA..