“Unbelievably kind staff under tragic circumstances”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Tennessee
“Unbelievably kind staff under tragic circumstances”
Reviewed 17 March 2009

While traveling from our home in Tennessee to our nephew's wedding in Florida, my husband lost his balance and fell in the parking lot as we were unloading our luggage. He suffered a subdural hematoma and was hospitalized for the better part of three days in the intensive care unit of South Georgia Medical Center. A further complication to an already stressful situation was the fact that we were traveling with our small dog. I had no choice but to leave her in our room while I followed the ambulance to the hospital. I can't express my gratitude to the staff of the La Quinta for their wonderful kindness and concern during those terrible days. They offered to help in any way necessary including walking the dog if needed. My husband and I will be forever grateful for their incredible support during a very difficult time. He is also determined to, "get back on the horse that threw him," as soon as possible and make our trip. We certainly plan to stay at the La Quinta in Valdosta!!! (That is of course, if they aren't afraid to have us as guests!!)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, 20 March 2009
We are so glad to see that everything is well with your husband now! We had a managers meeting yesterday afternoon & one of my fellow managers still asked how you guys were doing so I can assure you that you both are in our thoughts! We'd LOVE to have you again as our guests and in times of need we would never turn our backs on any person! We would all like the same amount of kindness from others when we need it! Thanks for your review and I will tell everyone you guys are doing fine! : D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2009

Pet friendly is great if you are used to walking around dodging dog poop on the ground and you like sleeping ina bed with a dog. But if you don't have indoor pets it can be quite bothersome. ALL rooms are pet friendly, you can't request a non pet room. The hotel was in a great location, within walking distance from a lot of good restaurants. I had the AAA discount and the room was still more than I usually pay for a hotel but we were desperate to find a room. We'll book ahead of time next time we travel to Valdosta to get a non pet room somewhere else!

1 Thank Momof2wildboys
I deeply apologize for your stay not being as pleasant as expected. We have a really strong housekeeping staff that deep cleans every room on a daily basis. Management also checks rooms just to ensure that everything is done as it should be. I am not sure of your name or date of stay, but if a guest calls and lets us know about a pet being a nuisance we immediately handle the situation with the problematic room. All La Quintas are pet friendly hotels, so in terms of having 'non-pet' rooms that is not an option for us. If you would like to contact me personally about your experience please do so. I'll be glad to do anything I can to help! Thanks for your response! : )
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We needed a stopover hotel on a trip from Sarasota, FL to Atlanta, GA. We stayed at the LA QUINTA in Valdosta becasue of the location and full breakfast advertised. We were not disappointed. The location was conveinant, right off I-75 and the breakfast was full and complete with eggs, sausage, and biscuts.

The staff was great too. Otto checked us in to a conveinant 1st floor room where we could easily load and unload. He got us a crib for the 1 year old little girl and even gave us extra pillows. He was great. I would highly recommend this hotel for a stopover.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jimcarlino
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, 16 March 2009
Thanks for your kind words! We are so glad that you had such a convenient and pleasant stay! I will be sure to show this posting to Otto - he will definitely smile after reading this! Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you again in the future! :)
Troy, OH
Reviewed 6 March 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel on our way back from a long trip. We had 3 dogs traveling with us at the time. The hotel was very pet friendly, had nice large rooms and very clean. The continental breakfast was the best we've had at any La Quinta location. Free wi-fi is always a nice plus in my book too!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, 6 March 2009
Thank you for the kind words! I love to see all the varieties of pets that come through our hotel! I hope you got some Milk Bones when you checked in too! : ) We take pride in deep cleaning our rooms for each and every guest, and from what I have seen in my travels we are the best cleaned pet friendly hotel!!!
Norcross, GA
Reviewed 1 March 2009

The location is excellent, the rooms are spotless and quiet and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Eastman, GA
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Great staff, quaint set up, and a full breakfast. We go to VSU games and this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, 2 March 2009
Thanks for the response and I'm glad to see you guys enjoy your stay here! Please let us know any feedback you having on your stays, as it's greatly appreciated! GO BLAZERS! : )
Camdenton, MO
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I've stayed at this property before, and I continue toe, go back. They are so friendly here . They have a great hospitality program here. It is one of the reasons I come back. They are conveniently located within walking distance of several restaurants. I love this property.

• Liked — The location, and friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, 16 January 2009
Thank you for your response! We're so glad you enjoy the people here and continue to return as a guest due to our service! Make sure you say hello on your next trip! I'm sure I'll still be here as the Sales Director! : )