“Too Expensive for overnight stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 26 April 2009

We take road trips with our dogs and were looking forward to staying here with our dogs on our way from FL to NC. The hotel looked very nice, but we never got passed the front desk. They wanted $150/nt for the room. For two people and two dogs for one night, this is highway robbery. We had a coupon for $60/night, which, of course, they would not accept that evening. I would definitely like to try this hotel again on my next run to see if the rate is any less. I guess it depends on what you are looking for while you travel.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goldengirl_fla
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2009

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. I apologize for your inconvenience for the rate and having to go to another hotel to stay. As you said, we really do have a nice property! Normally our rates are anywhere from $84.99 - $149.99 depending on the room type requested, the day of the week, the month, or if we are full to to events going on. When you are coming back to town please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any issues with anything! My email is lq0779dos@lq.com & I am the Director of Sales here at the property. We look forward to seeing you & your family soon! : )

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed 22 April 2009

Anytime that our family visits the Valdosta, GA, area, we always look forward to staying at this hotel. The bed and pillows are terrific! Their evening cocktails, pretzels, and cookies are greatly appreciated especially after a long day on the road. By the way, for those who travel with children, they provide soft drinks, ice cream and delicious cookies. As for breakfast, they put all other hotels to shame. They provide a full hot breakfast with grits, eggs, bakery fresh muffins, sausage, biscuits, and many many other items to choose from. FANTASIC!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to my friend or anyone else that will be visiting this area. I only wish all other hotels would visit and copy the benefits that this hotel offers. I love this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2009

We are so happy you took advantage of our amenities and noticed the treats for the kids! (I am guilty of loving our cookies too!) : ) We have had that added benefit for a little while now and we just thought that while parents enjoy cocktails the kids needed something good too, thus came the cookies and ice cream! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2009

Wonderful place to stay! Service was great, rooms were exceptionally clean and you cant beat the breakfast!!!! We stayed on our trip to Wild Adventures and will never stay any where else when we go back! Not only was the hotel wonderful, but within walking distance to Outback and other restruants. My children range from 15 to 2 and all had a great time here.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2009

Thanks for your feedback! We are so happy all of your family enjoyed our amenities and convenient location. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2009

I am a frequent business traveler to Valdosta. For the last 3 years this hotel has been my home away from home. In the year before I discovered this property I wandered hotel to hotel looking for the best deal. Low and behold after 3 years I am still convinced this is the best deal! Free "Happy Hour" drinks weekdays, hot delicious breakfast everyday along with a competitive room rate. Large comfortable rooms! Staff is the best! Stable and capable Management in my estimation is the key to this propertie's successful hold on me!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2009

Thanks for your kind response! Of course I won't mention your name on here, but we are always so happy to see you when you arrive. Everyone here loves seeing the same faces because it enables us to have a better connection with people who we service along with simply meeting cool people! We see people like yourself as our friends and it is truly a pleasure to hear your updates as time rolls along. See you soon!!!

Reviewed 17 March 2009

While traveling from our home in Tennessee to our nephew's wedding in Florida, my husband lost his balance and fell in the parking lot as we were unloading our luggage. He suffered a subdural hematoma and was hospitalized for the better part of three days in the intensive care unit of South Georgia Medical Center. A further complication to an already stressful situation was the fact that we were traveling with our small dog. I had no choice but to leave her in our room while I followed the ambulance to the hospital. I can't express my gratitude to the staff of the La Quinta for their wonderful kindness and concern during those terrible days. They offered to help in any way necessary including walking the dog if needed. My husband and I will be forever grateful for their incredible support during a very difficult time. He is also determined to, "get back on the horse that threw him," as soon as possible and make our trip. We certainly plan to stay at the La Quinta in Valdosta!!! (That is of course, if they aren't afraid to have us as guests!!)

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2009

We are so glad to see that everything is well with your husband now! We had a managers meeting yesterday afternoon & one of my fellow managers still asked how you guys were doing so I can assure you that you both are in our thoughts! We'd LOVE to have you again as our guests and in times of need we would never turn our backs on any person! We would all like the same amount of kindness from others when we need it! Thanks for your review and I will tell everyone you guys are doing fine! : D

Reviewed 17 March 2009

Pet friendly is great if you are used to walking around dodging dog poop on the ground and you like sleeping ina bed with a dog. But if you don't have indoor pets it can be quite bothersome. ALL rooms are pet friendly, you can't request a non pet room. The hotel was in a great location, within walking distance from a lot of good restaurants. I had the AAA discount and the room was still more than I usually pay for a hotel but we were desperate to find a room. We'll book ahead of time next time we travel to Valdosta to get a non pet room somewhere else!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Momof2wildboys

I deeply apologize for your stay not being as pleasant as expected. We have a really strong housekeeping staff that deep cleans every room on a daily basis. Management also checks rooms just to ensure that everything is done as it should be. I am not sure of your name or date of stay, but if a guest calls and lets us know about a pet being a nuisance we immediately handle the situation with the problematic room. All La Quintas are pet friendly hotels, so in terms of having 'non-pet' rooms that is not an option for us. If you would like to contact me personally about your experience please do so. I'll be glad to do anything I can to help! Thanks for your response! : )

Reviewed 11 March 2009

We needed a stopover hotel on a trip from Sarasota, FL to Atlanta, GA. We stayed at the LA QUINTA in Valdosta becasue of the location and full breakfast advertised. We were not disappointed. The location was conveinant, right off I-75 and the breakfast was full and complete with eggs, sausage, and biscuts.

The staff was great too. Otto checked us in to a conveinant 1st floor room where we could easily load and unload. He got us a crib for the 1 year old little girl and even gave us extra pillows. He was great. I would highly recommend this hotel for a stopover.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jimcarlino
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2009

Thanks for your kind words! We are so glad that you had such a convenient and pleasant stay! I will be sure to show this posting to Otto - he will definitely smile after reading this! Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you again in the future! :)