“Tranquility and peace found”

Jeeva Beloam Beach Camp
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jerowaru
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have traveled and stayed in many places mostly for business and my office books the rooms. This time i booked Jeeva Beloam my self and one of the first indication it would be a great place was the prompt and cordial replies from reservations.... we juggled the dates and right from the moment i arrived at the quaint airport of Lombok to the reception and departure i was delighted and treated well.
The approach to the resort was a little bumpy and brain rattling but all well wroth it.
The staff were friendly in a very sincere way and not the bored "hello how are you " robotic way like most are.
The food was impressive and the portions were generous
Chalets were ocean fronting and although we had airconditioning we slept with the doors opened.
There was a pesky mouse though that chewed through the moisturizer and made noises at night. I felt the staff could have warned us about these critters.
Paradise found

Room Tip: all the chalets are sea fronting
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anson w

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My 80-year-old husband and I just returned from an out-of-the-world beautiful breathtaking secluded beach resort in Lombok. We stayed there 3 days and 3 nights and actually chose this to its more luxurious sophisticated sister hotel Jeeva Klui because it is untouched and is still in its pristine state. We wanted to be there and enjoy its serenity and purity before it became known to others. Yes, its selling point is its being so far away in a resort not known to man. I liked its cleanliness, its tranquility, its remoteness and above all the inner peace and solitude it gave us. I enjoyed the rough bumpy ride for the last 7-10km of our journey there . The sight of the sea and the Indian Ocean was enough reason to be there!

We had the opportunity of being there the first night with two honeymoon couples - one a French couple but from London and the other from the States. The third pair was a Malaysian pair of two ladies from my home town. On our arrival as we chatted, we immeditely saw how happy and pleased every one was - with the place, the food and the staff. We knew we had made the right choice and the long bumpy road of many a bump and rough terrain was instantly forgotten.

We both fell in love with the beach resort - the breaking of the high frothy waves against the rough rustic rocky cliffs was absolutely soothing for my inner being and spirit. Words cannot describe how I felt! I loved the clearness of the blue sky and the crystal clear blue water. I loved the twinkling of the stars at night and pre-dawn as we made our way to the cliff to see the sun-rise at five.The bright blueness of the sea was something I had never ever seen in my life. The whole sight and scene before my eyes was just amazing. No wonder you can just sit in your daybed in your rustic villa and do nothing - just nothing - but gaze upon the sea which moves to the Indian Ocean. You become so ecstatic as you stare at the sea and the motion of the waves!

Oh, as I write this review for Trip Adviser and for the other readers to share with them the uniqueness of this cove, I can still here the loud sound of the waves and feel Incredible just the two of us in the whole resort! The resort was ours to enjoy and explore and to laze around with all the privacy we needed and wanted; the cool breeze to feel wherever we sat and read or chatted.

On the second day, we felt like we owned the entire resort and beach for the others had departed leaving the two of us with a staff of 31 serving us! The young experienced resort manager , an Indonesian with international experience - Haikal - was so efficient and friendly that we had a long chat about the origins of the place and how this resort began. This was informative and inspiring for to have a resort in a way-out secluded place cut off from the rest of the world is really something. We did not feel alone although we were the only two hotel guests. On the other hand, we were made to feel like a king and queen and were pampered in every way.

That night as we enjoyed our dinner, we heard some muffled voices coming from below in the kitchen rehearsing the birthday song in English and the sound of the guitar. Suddenly, our light was turned off and we were in darkness for a moment as the birthday cake with a lit candle appeared from below the stairway with the sound of the strumming of the guitar. The staff came singing the birthday song in English and some Indonesian numbers. They looked so happy celebrating my birthday and one boldly asked in Indonesian for my age. When I told them what it was, they then wanted to know what my secret was. Oh , it was so nice chatting with them and motivating them to be passionate always in what they do. Of course , "Make a wish! Make a wish!" was heard in chorus and my simple reply seeing their enthusiasm and joy for me was just "I wish that you will be happy always in what you do!" I felt so happy celebrating my birthday with them - it was complete!

Haidal and to the entire staff - I cannot pinpoint a few because every one of you from the driver and guide who picked us up at the new international airport to the kitchen crew - you were all so amazing and friendly and treated us so specially that we felt like the Maharaja and the Maharani of India.

We read and read and read sitting on the daybed facing the ocean with the sea breeze beating against our faces and bodies. When we had had enough of reading we Nordic Walked on the soft white sand on the lovely beach. The activities recommended by the resort to see the sunrise from another cliff and the sunset from a different place - a different beach and cliff were really memorable experiences. We nordic walked wherever we went and wished it never ended . We had a lot of opportunities to share our lives - the two of us - and to reflect on life and the rest of our journey as we both grew in years towards the autumn of our lives. The barrenness in the surroundings in October was a pretty sight to behold as we were alongside the lovely beaches all the while. The rides on the rocky paths and rough terrain reminded us of the adventures we see others having in movies.

I am not sure everyone will like the rustic adventure that we had experienced. We loved it . Back home in Malaysia as I lay in bed , in the morning when I was about to stir, somehow I felt that I was still in my villa in Jeeva Beloam Beach Camp with the sea breeze beating against me. The whole adventurous experience we have had has rejuvenated us and given us so much to think about that it will be cherished for a long time to come. I am already making plans to take my team of Nordic Walkers to this resort. I want them to experience life in this out-of-the-world untouched special secluded cove .. located out of reach but reachable. Being one of the early birds to this pristine resort makes my life rich! Haikal and your entire team - thank you for making our short stay in your resort so special! We will certainly come back and this time not as a couple but with my entire group of Nordic Walkers occupying all the villas and making it a lifetime experience. Such places are few and far between these days!

Room Tip: All the villas are lovely. The last one gives you a lot of privacy as no one will walk pass it and y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jagjeet S
Reviewed 20 October 2013

With just 10 or so luxury beach huts set on a stunning white sand beach in a remote cove, this truly is a place to get away from it all. You will be lulled to sleep by the waves breaking 20 meters from your veranda and, when you wake up, you will have an interrupted view of the cove to that just fills you with awe.

For the incredible remoteness, there are a few sacrifices which those used to super deluxe hotels might miss:

- a comfy smooth trip to the hotel - the place is located 10km from a sealed road, so brace yourself for a 25-30 minutes of bumps
- there is no mains water supply so water is trucked into the resort, as a consequence, water pressure in the showers can be a bit weak
- electricity at times is cut off to save diesel fuel on power generation
- meals need to be ordered a meal in advance as the nearest market is 1 hour away

However, these are minor hardships for the tranquillity and undeveloped beauty of the place. The staff are charming and lay on plenty of activities such as:

- a nice "soft trek" around the cliffs where you get a lovely view of the beach camp and get to meet some of the local fishermen
- snorkelling on some pristine white and pinkish beaches (the snorkelling isn't world class as the reefs are a bit damaged, but there is still plenty to see)
- cycling (not for the feint hearted, some previous mountain biking experience probably useful)

The cove on which the camp is based has some pretty choppy water so if you do go for a swim, stay close to the shore to avoid the dangerous rip. There is some great body surfing to be had though!

The staff are very personable. The food is good if not particularly refined. Being so far away from the market and there only being 10 huts means that choice is quite limited. This we did not mind but sometimes we felt the food was catering to western palates a bit too much - e.g. broccoli soup followed by spaghetti bolognese at lunch time. While these dishes were good they didn't compare to when the chef cooked a seafood mee goreng, which was stunning,

We stayed three nights as part of a nine night break. Our other hotel was Jeeva Klui in Sengiggi which we highly recommend - both hotels compliment each other very well with Beloam being beautifully rustic and remote and Klui being a sophisticated luxury hotel in more of a resort area.

1  Thank travel_soldier
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Pros:
- Incredible secluded location at the far east of Lombok, facing a gorgeous empty beach, in an isolated bay. The nearby beaches are drop dead gorgeous (sunset beach is a must). Landscape feels like Africa in september.
- Gorgeous huts, very comfortable bedding and bathroom. Nice and simple interior design.
- Food, eventhough very simple, was incredibly tasty and good (choice for the starter should be added, as well as portion which is a bit small if you're hungry). Enjoyed the hassle free full board.
- Staff was very friendly and smiling. Not quite professional enough though (for exemple, there were not all wearing the uniform which felt a bit awkward at times).

Cons:
- You can not do any activities on your own. Staff tag along with you and drive you to nearby beaches for kayaking, biking, etc... as friendly as they are, it feels a bit annoying since you go there to be on your own basically.
- Be warned, they advertise on the website 5 huts, while in fact there are 11. A new wing has been added and I was very disappointed to find out that they were more than that since I was really looking for seclusion. I think it's not honest not to mention that.
Also common facilities are not yet ready to welcome 11 guests and if the hotel is fully booked, it could feel crowded. Especially, since you can not do activities on your own, it could be not so pleasant with other guests "accompanying" you.
- For the price category, there are some staff mishap that are hardly forgivable: ex1: I stayed for 3 nights and could not get a massage as the therapist was on holiday, eventhough they advertise it and i called the jeeva klui to get a confirmation! This is really not professional and a management failure. ex2: I was put in one of the new beluga which was not "completed" as it did not have all furnitures. And while the hotel had only 2 guests (including me), it took me an hour negotiating to be changed, as they did not want to set up the hut... Those were big turn offs.
- It gets windy as hell, supposably every year for 3 months between june/september, than you can not enjoy neither your day bed neither the splendid beach as you can hardly stand or walk. This could be a real turn off for many people.
- No activities at night (at least a common tv/dvd in the gaming room could help, or wifi connection).

Overall:
This place is a must see if you're in Lombok. Spectacular location and charming huts compensates the mishaps. Some improvements (especially in terms of management) could be made to make the Jeeva Beloam a lifetime experience.

Room Tip: It is not true that all huts are equivalent. I was first put in beluga number 9 and it was bad. Hard...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard N
Reviewed 10 October 2013

When I touched down at Lombok Airport, I was worried sick that nobody will wait for me and my brother at the airport to take us to the resort as there was no follow up whatsoever from their side. I have inadvertently forgotten to remind them about my arrival due to non-stop piling work. However, I was relieved to see someone already waiting for us with a piece of paper stating "Jeeva Beloam" there. That shows how important the guests are to them despite the fact that the booking was made about 2 months earlier.

Started with an extremely bumpy road (not for car-sick individuals - better take proper medications with you beforehand), it was compensated with a breathtakingly beautiful view, almost out of this world kind of beauty. I fell in love with the picture of the beach at JB but didn't want to put any expectations to it as there are far too many photoshop-ed pictures of places these days. Thank goodness it was not the case with this resort. What you see in the internet is what you get. I fell much more in love with the view and can't believe how scenic it is, even though it was dry season in September and the surrounding area resembled Africa at times.

The room was nicely decorated with a luxury feel to it. Since they do not provide electricity during the day and it will be too hot to sunbathe at certain time, I spent most of my time on the daybed reading books. It was not a problem as it was constantly windy, to the extent of chilly in the afternoon, I had to wrap myself with sarong while laying on the daybed. An advice perhaps, bring a cover up as in sweater or jacket - it can get a little bit too cold at night.

The food is fantastic, 3 course meals for lunch and dinner and plenty of stuff to order for breakfast. My favourite dish at the resort: 1. Pineapple pancake 2. Fruit yogurt 3. Dadar gulung 4. Ayam taliwang.

As for activities, all you need to do is to inform the reception what you intend to do (i.e. snorkeling, watch sunrise or sunset). Easy and fuss-free. All you need to do is to wait at the reception on time and you'll be heading to your preferred destination of activity. Different location for different activities. For snorkeling, we went to Pink Beach which has a clear, light blue-turquoise sea. It is also suitable for kayaking and diving. For sunset watching, we went to Segui Beach which has the calmest sea but not so beautiful like Pink Beach. For sunrise watching, we went to Tanjung Ringgit - cliff top view. It was just like a place in Australia but with plenty of histories to learn, such as during Japanese occupation period.

All in all, it was a very relaxing and wonderful trip. I love the resort and their superb service. For Malaysian Ringgit, the resort rates can be a bit expensive but worth paying as it is an all-inclusive rate and I could not find fault with the resort. I will definitely come again. Surely.

Room Tip: Beruga Lime (5) has the best view as it is not obstructed and the nearest to Tenda Restaurant. It he...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aisya M
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Arrived here at start of our 3 week honeymoon.

In short - remote location (3 hours by car).

Unique - 10 stunning "huts" that are actually luxurious. Unbelievably friendly staff. The food was superb each & every day. Always a wind blowing on-shore. Very peaceful and relaxing. Do not go here if you expect everything to be chic and urban. This is a hideaway - private beach - surrounded by nature. No pool and not that easy to swim in the sea there (waves) so not a place for young children - but that is part of the reason we absolutely loved it & actually extended stay by a day. special mention to Haikal - camp manager - and Jay who serves in the restaurant, but frankly they were all amazing but can't remember the other names ....... anyway big Thank you !!

Room Tip: They are all equally good
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Wonderful place especially for honeymoon!! when we got there, we felt like having a private island. The rooms are very comfortable with a beautiful view made ​​us feel at home being there. just for the tips, beach used for activities already get more crowded on weekends, better come in weekdays.

1  Thank omietobs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerowaru
The Oberoi, Lombok
Novotel Lombok
Novotel Lombok
#1 of 12 in Kuta
Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi

Been to Jeeva Beloam Beach Camp? Share your experiences!