The Promenade Tawau is certainly beginning to look its age. Stayed here for a night on business and these are some of the positives: -
- The staff were helpful and friendly, checking in and out was a breeze
- The room was spacious and clean although the furnishing is beginning to look dated. Still, very acceptable.
- The hotel is attached to a shopping mall but not a high end one, the mall looks rather dodgy for my liking!
- There is a nice lounge and a massage and spa centre in the hotel with very acceptable prices, if you're into that kind of thing.
- Nice rain shower in the bathroom
The negatives: -
- There is no acceptable eatery within walking distance. Don't bother looking for food in the mall, there is a limited number of food stalls in there and the food doesn't look all that appetizing.
- No complimentary wifi in the room, though I did pick up and open signal from somewhere nearby.
- Except for the rain shower which was nice, other parts of the bathroom looks old and the fixtures in there needs to be refurbished. Also, the plumbing could do with some fixing, even when I wasn't using the bathroom, you could hear water noises coming out from the bathroom
- Breakfast lacked variety and it wasn't spectacular, but edible.
Overall, this is still an Ok hotel to stay if you're in town for a short business trip.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Promenade Hotel Tawau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.