“Clean and good location”
Review of Heritage Hotel

Heritage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Tawau
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was on a road trip around Sabah with a big group of people and stayed here for a night. We arrived late at night and the staff were very quick to check all of us in. I was very happy about that because we were all very tired from the 14 hour drive.

The room I stayed in was very clean and the AC was cold (I loved it!). My boyfriend and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast at the Malay restaurant downstairs. The food was not that great but there are a lot of other restaurants and coffee shops nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Shamren_mgr, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Ms Jane,

Thank you for choosing Heritage Hotel as your stopover destination in Tawau,we always value comments from our guest for our future improvement.We,Heritage Hotel staffs and management are very concerned which our guest feedback which is our golden key to success.

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and we should share with all respective departments.

Once again thank you for choosing Heritage Hotel and I am Shamren the Hotel Manager will ensure your future stay will be the best memorable one.

Shamren

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Clean, nice place for a short stay. Friendly and helpful stuff - they called us taxi for exactly the right time for going to airport, recommended us good places to eat and even bothered to run after us while we were leaving so we would not forget to take everything with us (we had forgotten some small things in the hotel room)

Breakfast was not so rich - just some rice, cold coffe and small snacks (I guess there was more choice in the early morning, but it was eaten already and they did not bring more).

Location anyway was good - short walking distance to shops, promenade etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Shamren_mgr, Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing Heritage Hotel as your stop over destination in Tawau,we always value comments from our guest for our future improvement.We,Heritage Hotel staffs and Management are very concerned with our guest feedback which is our golden key to success.
Your feedback has been noted and has been briefed to respective departments concerned.In regard to the Breakfast is provided by Asian Curry House but we shall monitor and refill the food according as in the menu.Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Our Main Coffee House,Gym,Sauna & Steam are coming soon we will advise to all our value guest.
Thank you for choosing Heritage Hotel and I am Shamren the Hotel Manager will ensure your future stay will be the best memorable one.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Still maintain as one of the nice hotel I have stayed with for my business trip or vacation. They did upgrade our room from no window to a room with window. Internet line is average, my broadband is faster than the wi-fi and not user friendly access. So, be warned those of you who are not familiar with wi-fi setup.

Water pressure is fantastic.
They do provide newspaper for each room.
Complimentary breakfast is average which is satisfactory.

It is walking distance to most places for food and drink within the Fajar suburb of Tawau township. Opposite the hotel are some nice places to eat. Do try the local Chinese restaurant for some local delicacies such as the tamarind fish curry and stir fried venison. Since Tawau is near Indonesia, you do get some shops selling Indonesian snacks and batik.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Poseidon74SC

Dear Sir,

Reviewed 22 March 2013

You get what you pay for at this hotel which isn't a lot. We had two one day stays, each time having booked the same standard of room and they couldn't have been more different. Although it states in room safes in the hotel literature they don't exist and neither does a lot of other 'mythical' amenities. The hotel does not have a restaurant - "included" food being courtesy of the next door establishment, although for dinner it is excellent but we didn't sample breakfast. We also appeared to have an all night motorcycle workshop below our room. Cheap is about all you could say really.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StantonJR
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I moved from My Inn Hotel to this one which is in a more centralized location with shops and other hotels - and they have a Trip Advisor sign at the front door entrance. But I think that was a mistake.
First of all comparing to my stay in the previous hotel, this one has really slow wifi at room, dated facilities. My first room has aircond leakage so i had to move to another. And my current room there was some leakage in the toilet flush. I'm guessing it comes with the title 'Heritage' (meaning old).
The staff were nice, but less than efficient as they all have different approaches to things. 1) the lady at the reception said the internet line was good when it wasnt (im currently using my own broadband). 2) i told them initially that i will extend my room day to day because i was here for work for indefinite time, but on the second day they expect me to move to another room because mine was booked by upcoming client - which is so funny to think I initially had to move because of the aircond leakage. i declined to move as i am already leaving the hotel for work. 3) the laundry service was confusing. the housekeeping staff said there was no express service when their form clearly stated there was (i did not encounter this problem in the previous hotel), but the staff who came to collect was kind enough to do the outsourcing with the laundry service nearby and managed to get my clothes back by evening.

oh yeah, tomorrow am planning to move to another hotel so they don't need to bother to ask me to move to another room :)

Room Tip: I initially have the non-smoking room which has locked windows. when i moved to the room for smokers...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank k_inus
Shamren_mgr, Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Madam,
Thank you for choosing Heritage Hotel as your stop over destination in Tawau, we always value comments from our guests for our future improvements.
We,Heritage Hotel staffs and management are very concerned with our guest feedback which is our golden key to success.
Your feedback has been noted and has been briefed to respective departments concerned for our future improvement.We will ensure this incident will not be repeated again.In regards to the internet provided by TM net,it is really not within our boundary but we shall contact them to rectify the matter.Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for choosing Heritage Hotel and I am Shamren ,The Hotel Manager will ensure your future stay will be best & memorable ones.
Best Regards

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Not a reflection on the hotel but the town - there is little or nothing to do in Tawau itself. Great, friendly check-in and room (520) is large, double is biggest we found in Borneo. AC, shower, etc all work well - only let down in the room is wifi (worked once in 2 days) so had to use lobby all the time. Free or 10RM breakfast in restaurant next door wasn't to our European tastes - mainly Asian dishes. Sorry but chicken Marsala at 830am isn't for us so settled for toast, fried egg and coffee.
We ate in Olive Bistro (at end of road)on both evenings - friendly staff, beer/wine available, dishes for Chinese /Malay and Western tastes. Both had Smoked Salmon Salad (12RM) excellent, also popular with the locals.

Room Tip: Back rooms f possible. If going out during day close curtains or room like an oven on return.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarkingMad_11
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed here for 1 night after having a vacation at Mabul island. What I can say is this hotel is very near to almost all attraction place in Tawau!

Nice room, bed and nice view from window.

The check in was easy and the receptionist was very HELPFUL. I was very excited to stay there again in future :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaffeeNista
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tawau
My Inn Hotel
Hotel Emas
Hotel Emas
#5 of 12 in Tawau Division
Sipadan Mangrove Resort

Been to Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!