“Georgia family ”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Warm Springs
Cedartown, Georgia
“Georgia family ”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Heavenly Haven (4A). Clean but quite dated. Mouse in the living room. Door handles and furniture handles loose & falling off. Cleaning staff rude when she came by cabin. Management accommodating. Wouldn't stay more than 1 night in this cabin.

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Amydm7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the lodge for a short weekend trip, wish we had planned more time here! We had a suite with fireplace and jacuzzi (it's heart-shaped! Haha!). The wooden walls smelled amazing- that combined with the mountain view really made us feel like we were on a mountain vacation. Other reviews mentioned cleanliness as an issue, but that might be with the cabins- the lodge seems like a new build and is clean and nice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ash1083
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed in cabin 19B on 11/22-13 to 11/24-13. To say that we were extremely disappointed in this venue is an understatement. It is a 9 year family tradition to come to the
Christmas light show at Calaway gardens. We always stay in the gardens but because my daughter and family were joining us this year, I wanted to make it special. Realizing that the cabin is old is one thing, however the furniture was in disrepair, the carpeting is stained and the sofa sleeper in the upstairs reading room was not fit to sleep in. This cabin has not been maintained to a standard of the rate charged. The window coverings were wrinkled and installed very poorly. The mini blinds either did not work or needed to be replaced. I don't think the inside or outside windows had been cleaned in a very long time. The refrigerator had mold growing on the outside.
There was insulation blowing out of the heat register in the lower bath. Because it was a cold weekend we had to run the heat so this was an issue. The batteries were hanging out of the smoke alarm and not one screen on any window so no wonder bees and insects get inside.
I understand that we were in the woods but there were wasps inside of the cabin and as we were sitting on the sofa my daughter was stung. As stated in the rental agreement, we washed all dishes, stripped beds and put out the garbage. We were charged the same rate as we would have been charged for a two bedroon villa in Calaway PLUS a cleaning charge of $125. GO FIGURE???
On the positive side. The hot tub on the deck was in good working order and was enjoyed by the family.Basically the bathrooms were clean and the beds madeup. However, we feel like we were grossly overcharged for the condition of this cabin.I did leave a list for the manager but to this date(12/6) have had no response.

Room Tip: In good concscience,I could not recommend this resort to other travelers.
13 Thank 335Roberta
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013

To begin with, we generally stay at a privately owned cabin rental in Mountain Top but it was not available so we rolled the dice. Cabin was fair compared to what we are used to which is, in fairness, an alreay high bar. On the plus side, quiet, nice view from the back porch, gas fireplace, and this unit was pet friendly with an extra fee (would have preferred a deposit rather than a fee). On the negetive side, furniture is pretty worn (sofas sag), mattresses need replacing, dishware and utensiles were filthy and nearly every plate and bowl was chipped, CO2 detector was missing batteries (had to go to the office for replacement), had to replace light bulb, no wifi in unit (there is wifi available at the office but no real acomodations if you need to sit and do some work or check emails), old tube TV. Some of the essentials you might expect were not there such as a hair dryer (went to the dollar store to buy one). The biggest frustration was the $100 cleaning fee - honestly, the place was cleaner after we left than when we got there. Shared much of this when we checked out and was told the manager will follow up. I will update this review pending that contact.

Room Tip: Stayed in 18B... for whatever that might be worth in your selection. Two bedroom, two bath (king be...
2 Thank Ga8tr
jacksonville
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We just spent a wonderful 5 days in cabin 19A. Some of the cabins are very close together. I picked 19A because it was supposed to be "secluded" and it had a gorgeous view from the back porch and we couldn't see any other cabins because it is set quite back from the road. Very, very happy with our choice. Pros: from the back porch, you could see anyone else and the view was spectacular. My husband and kids even hiked back there and had blast. It was great for our family because it had two bedrooms, and two twin beds in a loft. Perfect for my husband, my parents and our two teenagers. We did have to put one of the twin beds off the frame onto the floor, because the twins are short, and in frames and my son's (over 6') length would fit into the frame of the bed, but once we moved the mattress to the floor, he was fine. The cabin is cozy and clean, the decorating is very much "cabinny" (there where antique kitchen items nailed to the ceiling, deer head, stuffed ducks) sort of "county chic." There was a terrific washer and dryer and we had no issues with the number of towels we were given for six people. We did do one load of towels during our stay, and that was plenty. The TV is small, but there is satellite and a dvd player which met our needs. I thought that the queen beds were fine..not "five star hotel" quality, but there were plenty of pillows and I was very comfortable. The staff was great. Cons: One of the burners on the stove didn't work (sorry, Management, I meant to say something, but I forgot...) but clearly it wasn't a big deal. The only "con" I can think of that there is quite a bit of construction that is going on around the chapel area, so I would make sure they are "done" before I had my wedding there. Quite messy in the winter, but the ballroom areas were quite lovely. There was also no wi-fi in the cabin, but it wasn't a big deal. We did go to the office to check email a couple of times. Bottom line, my mom liked it so much she wants to buy cabin there...and the location couldn't be better. 10 minutes to either Pine Mountain, or Warm Springs, and only 6 minutes from the Pine Mountain Trail head at the Wolfsden Loop, which was a wonderful hike. We were very, very happy. DO NOT miss the Thai restaurant in Warm Springs (The Thai House.) BUT, make sure you allow plenty of time. The proprietor does all the cooking and it is really an evening, not a quick bite. Lovely place to vacation. So glad we found that area. We will be back!

Room Tip: I would pick 19A again. It would be a hike to the pool in the summer, but not so bunched together w...
2 Thank nicoleg
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We got married here on the 19th of October and it these guys went above and beyond my expectations! We rented a cabin(5A aka "Wild West") for the first two nights before leaving for the beach and I honestly, didn't want to leave! The cabin we stayed at was very cozy and made me feel right at home. I loved the wild west/Native American theme. And the jacuzzi was magnificent. I'm begging my husband to buy one for me now(the cabin too)! My only complaint is the couch in the main living room upstairs was a bit worn and the mattress in the master bedroom downstairs was hard to sleep on. Everything else was great! We definitely want to stay again!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carlyandrosco
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Wanted to give it 3 and a half. These cabins are really special. Lots of cool little touches. But our bed was really HARD. I was looking for a great detailed review before we went, and so I wanted to pay it forward for others. We stayed at El Capitan 16A. There are ONLY 2 parking spots for a 4+loft bedroom cabin, so bear that in mind. It is also kind of in a hole. The screened in back porch is awesome. You feel like you are in the trees. You can watch squirrels playing in the trees. If you are wondering about putting your small kids in the upstairs bedroom, it works fine, I was unsure from the pictures online whether there was a door between the loft and the room and there was so we didnt worry about them getting up and falling down the stairs. there are 3 bathrooms, but the one on the 3rd floor only has a tub - no shower. We made it work - but we were unaware of that before we got there. We had a large group staying with us for a wedding. HTH!

Room Tip: The Cabins are fairly spread out from where the office is, there property map is not the best either...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
MtnTopInn, Manager at Mountain Top Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Many upgrades are in the works at Mountain Top! We have recently upgraded our Lodge Rooms with new hand hewn log furniture and cozy bedding. We are working with individual cabin owners on similar upgrades in the cabins. We agree it is a special place and hope to make sure that your next stay is perfect.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warm Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Callaway Gardens
Callaway Gardens
#2 of 5 in Pine Mountain

Been to Mountain Top Inn? Share your experiences!