“The Hotel was nice, But the maintain man did not fix the...”

Ramada Hotel & Suites Warner Robins
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Warner Robins
Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have stayed many times this hotel in past 5 years, but this time I found a new professional company managing the hotel with far superior services, with many renovated rooms done very recently. My room was very clean, comfortable with all new furniture. I was impressed with the changes at this hotel in such a short time. I got a lot more worth of my money and it was truly a bargain. Highly recommend to revisit the hotel to all and specially to prior visitors to experience the new changes and to get a good stretch for their dollars.

Room Tip: Ask for their new Premium Room for the price of Standard Room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband's 30 year high school reunion was held at this hotel. They gave us a great group rate and we were pleased. We checked in around noon on the day of the reunion. (We had reserved a King room but was given a double instead.) The room was very dated but clean. I took down the iron from the rack and it fell off the wall in my hands. When I plugged it in to prepare press my clothes, it would not even heat up. The rack for the iron and obviously the iron itself would not go back into the place it had been hanging on the wall. The holes were stripped from obviously falling off the wall numerous times. I simply sat the iron rack and iron on the floor underneath where it was hanging. I thought that was safe than taking the chance of it falling on someone.

Two days later, I checked my credit card statement and see that I was charged an additional $50. I called the hotel to question the charge. Nobody that spoke good English was available to answer my call. I was told to call back and speak to the bookkeeper. I made 3 calls before I got to the bookkeeper and she said it was for damage to the iron rack. I was livid. I told her what had happened and she said that because I didn't call the front desk that they could charge me whatever they wanted for the "damage". She refused to even discuss the issue with me.

Sooo....I paid the additional $50 and chalked it up to a lesson learned. But I will NEVER EVER recommend this hotel purely based the customer service. There are too many hotels out there who beg me to spend my money with them to be treated this way. You live and learn!

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool but we didn't use it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ga_BBQ_Judge
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Never ever stay at this hotel!! This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!! The room was filthy, dirty linen, broken toilet seat, dirty tub, dirty carpet, broken lamp! The room was musty and the AC unit was LOUD! There was a dead roach in the lobby! I was not eating anything in this hotel! The drink machines on both floors were broken! I had to spray EVERYTHING, yes everything with lysol. The linen was stained and nasty. The pillows were old and also stained. I had to call to have the linen changed. They advertise a microwave and refrigerator, however my room did not have either. When I asked I was told only 80% of the hotel rooms have these items, however that is not what is advertised on the site. After seeing the state of the room however I could only imagine what a microwave and fridge would have looked like.I could not rest and checked out first thing that morning. I was tempted to loose my money and go to another hotel but it was a very short trip and it was late. I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER RAMADA!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We checked in around midnight Nov 23, 2013 and stayed 10 minutes before demanding a refund and checking out. This place was FILTHY and I have pictures to show. Their was burnt cheese in the microwave, mold/mildew on the shower curtain, mold and stains on the pillow cases, hair and urine on the toilet, urine stains on the mattresses, dead roach in the bathroom and a live one crawling up the wall over the bed. I will NEVER stay here ever again and I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TammyVirginia
KristaK79, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Warner Robins, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Please forward the room number or at least the location of the room that you checked into so that I can research the housekeeping report. Feel free to send me the pictures as well. It is very surprising to see this review so many days after your check-in date and with so many discrepancies during your 10-minute stay. It would have been better to have informed the front desk immediately that way we could have inspected along with you.
It is also amazing to note that you found bugs in your room. We have a well known brand pest control that treated our property only days before your stay. Also I checked the weather temps for Warner Robins and at that time during the late evening we had a cold snap and experienced very cold temps around 31 degrees. I am very perplexed that you found a “pest” crawling up the wall.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Since the beginning of this month we have hired a new housekeeping duo who is putting forth much effort to ensure the rooms are up to standards expected of our guests. Their work is also inspected by one of our senior housekeeping staff members to guarantee they are ready for the next guest.
As you know, it is our policy to give guests that check in later in the evening a lower rate--40% discount off the listed price. One will not find another hotel in the area that is more affordable with as many features as ours such as a complimentary continental breakfast, Wireless Internet, cable TV with 2 premium movie channels, large outdoor swimming pool; pet walk area, spacious fitness center and more. We are frequently commented positively on our friendly and personable guest services! Don’t let this one-time experience deter you from coming back.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I try to schedule my trips to avoid staying in Macon, GA. Typically, towns w military bases nearby show their patriotism by drastically raising hotel rates, knowing soldiers family's will HAVE to visit. It's of course pure capitalism but at least in military towns the hotels overcharging could at least 're-do" their properties once every 20 yrs or so. This Ramada was no exception. A yucky room that was supposed to be "smoke free" stunk of cigarettes as tho the proprietors just stuck a Smoke Free sign on the door without cleaning the carpet etc, or the room properly. There was an ugly nasty stain on the carpet outside the room and the mattress was ancient, and the WIFI signal to weak to use in the room. I will NEVER stay at this Ramada again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank James Michael S
KristaK79, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Warner Robins, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Are we talking about Warner Robins hotels? We categorically believe that your statement “that Macon hotels are overpriced” doesn’t describe our hotel. Our property is only a 15-minute drive from Robins Air Force Base.

It is true that we are one of the most established hotels in Warner Robins, however we compensate with friendly welcoming service, sturdy construction, large property, very affordable prices, and complimentary amenities. For military, guests and associates we offer more than 20% discount and frequently 30% discount from the local per diem rate. That's a substantial savings!

We have made great strides since opening as the Ramada in 2009 when this property was in total disrepair. The landscaping was enhanced and beautified, the Wireless Internet upgraded with 24/7 hour service, older fitness equipment replaced, ergonometric desk chairs added, older shower fixtures replaced with newer ones, and all mattresses replaced with Ramada’s finest within the past three years. There is still more room for improvement and upgrades. We agree that some rooms offer better WiFi signal than others and we certainly would have placed you in another room. Our meeting spaces also have WiFi or you could have used our business center. In addition, we have dedicated more time with our new housekeepers and positioned staff to quality inspect the rooms that are available each day.

Originally built with 152 rooms we have elected to make 100 available at this time with smoking and non-smoking rooms. Our varied features include, 5 meeting rooms, a 9-foot deep kidney shaped outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, business center, all located on a large 5 ½ acre property. Pets are welcome and we have a large pet walk area that many hotels don’t feature.

I would love the opportunity to talk with you about your stay specifics and personally address your concerns. Please feel free to contact the hotel and personally share your experience.

Best Regards,

Comfort Inn Warner Robins
#7 of 22 in Warner Robins
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Warner Robins

Been to Ramada Hotel & Suites Warner Robins? Share your experiences!