Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Warner Robins
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Awesome”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

My experience, in a word, AWESOME!
The room exceeded my expectations! I was very pleased and I will definitely return a visit here. The housekeeping staff was great! The P.M. clerk was very helpful and provided great directions. Everyone was professional and very friendly. The only negative were the smokers in the front of the building and I did not appreciate the exposure to second hand smoke. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed 10 October 2013

After driving from Nashville, TN which felt like for forever we checked in around 8pm. Marcia the night clerk was most friendly and gave us the most warm and genuine appreciation for choosing the Candlewood Suites Warner Robbins. She went above and beyond thanking myself and wife for being Platinum Members even though we were staying on points. She also rewarded us with a complimentary soda and a Chocolate Covered Cherry because of our Platinum Status. Our Suite was great, a TV for me and a TV for my wife. Life can't get much better than that. It was very clean and very relaxing. Upon checking out Sandra was also most pleasant and gave us a sincere appreciation for our stay and wished us a safe time in our travels south. We would of stayed another night but we were expected in Palatka, Florida the next afternoon. when we travel to Florida again when visiting the Jacksonville / St Augustine area we will definitely stay in the Candlewood suites - Warner Robbins.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We used hotel points for a free stay on 10/8. The hotel was about 2 miles from the interstate and just off the main drag in town. There are many restaurants of all kinds nearby, many of which were within walking distance. There is plenty of free parking available with good lighting so the area appears secure.

Since this is an "extend stay" type hotel, we were very pleasantly surprised at how clean and well maintained the hotel was. We found a clean safe parking lot, friendly and helpful front desk clerk who was on duty 24 hours, a good exercise room and on site laundry, and a well stocked pantry on the honor system to get snacks if needed.

Our room had two double beds which had fresh sheets and were very comfortable. The living space was immaculate, well designed, large enough and everything in the room was very well maintained. The HVAC was new with a digital thermostat control on the wall. There were plenty of new fresh towels. The kitchen area was well equipped and clean. There was also a full size fridge and full size microwave in the room along with a full size dishwasher and all dishware/cookware you may need. There was also a nearly new recliner that was quite comfortable and a work desk. Lighting in the room was very good and the carpets were clean and unstained. The TV was a flat-screen with plenty of channels, but a bit smaller than we would have liked.

We never saw any bugs, smelled any foul odors, or heard any of our neighbors which others that reviewed this hotel complained about. It's true, you had to turn on the ice maker in the fridge if you want ice- but we didn't need to use it.

We also visited the Air Museum near Warner Robins AFB (no access to the base required). It's about 5 miles from the hotel and one of the largest in the USA and has static displays of many aircraft including B1B, A10, B52 and many others. Best of all - it's free..!

All in all we were very impressed with the hotel and Warner Robins area.. When in the area, we will stay there again for a single night pass through or for weeks at a time..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013

After 500 miles of driving, all we wanted was a drink (we bring the booze!). Up to the room without a cart (none in lobby), into Non Smoking room that smelled like smoke, and into the freezer for some ice. Nice ice maker. Call to the Front Desk reveals we need to turn the ice maker on and there will be ice in about 45 minutes. No other option. So bad. Went to some okay joint for some okay food, but at least they had ice! This phenomenon is typical of Candlewood Suites....guess it's for the long-term folks...not for our type who are one-nighters until we reach our home in Florida. Never again. (My first bad review...but thought I should take the time.)

Room Tip: Grab a bag of ice before you check in!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KandJsBucketList
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear KandJsBucketList,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Arrived late on one night stay and saw a roach as we crossed doorway into lobby. Not a good sign but due to hour checked in. Lobby is not inviting but appeared clean and room appeared clean with large bathroom. Woke in middle of night, large cockroach in bathroom which did me in ever staying there again. Hot water was not in the cards, lukewarm water at best with low water pressure and a fan in bathroom but no switch to turn it on.
When we checked out noone was in lobby the entire time we loaded the car so no one to report bug problem to.
Cross this chain off my list.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Priscilla58
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Priscilla58,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

We hope this incident did not mar your overall impression of the Candlewood Suites brand and that you can afford us an opportunity of making it right and welcoming you back in the near future.

Ferdinand G
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 12 July 2013

In town for just one night. I travel a lot and here is my comparison to other hotels.

It was pouring rain and this hotel does not have a covered area to park when checking in and unloading bags. Okay, i can get past that.

I was given a room and when I showed up at that room, someone was already occupying that room. The front desk clerk was surprised and went back to the room with me to verify that someone else was already in the room.

The rooms are most likely designed for a longer stay than just one night, since the rooms contain a kitchen. Good thing, because there is no breakfast offered by the hotel unless you want to purchase cold cereal and milk downstairs.

I spent about 3 hours in the evening doing work and smelled cigarette smoke the entire time. I called the front desk and was informed that this IS a smoking hotel. The smoking rooms are up on 4th floor, but I am still smelling cigarette smoke on 2nd floor. The front desk offered to move me but I was already unpacked/settled in my room. I should have moved anyway.

I have stayed in other hotels with "suite" in the name, but those rooms are larger rooms. This room is a standard size hotel room that is about 30% occupied by the kitchen area, which makes the living area of the room much smaller. There was not luggage rack to put my suitcase, but with the remaining space, there wasn't anywhere to put the luggage rack except in front of the window-mounted air conditioner/heat pump. Cleanliness: there was one long (women's?) hair in the sink when I checked in.

Lots of noise from across the hall. Rooms not well insulated for noise.

Overall, this room didn't suit my needs. I think even if I wanted to stay for a longer time, I would choose somewhere else.

Goods: free wifi, easy to find; friendly front desk staff; kitchen (if you need it)
"Others": amenities below average, cigarette smoke, room size, room layout, reduced comfort, lousy mattress;

Room Tip: Only one elevator in center of hotel. Depends on how close you want to be to the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stretch24
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Stretch24,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and found the location of our hotel easy to find. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the outside noise and smell of cigarette. We understand the discomfort this has caused you. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I checked in on Sunday evening and had room 329 and after dinner I went to take a shower to find out the water was cold/ Luke warm and the water pressure out of the shower head was at a trickle. Shower dial and connections were wrong as the hot was cold and cold was hot! Poor maintenance installation to allow this simple error. I called front desk and notified staff of the issues. The next day I spoke with front desk and was told they were having some issues. They were going to move me and issued key to a 2nd floor room and then called back after staff checked water and same issue. I was finally moved to a 1st floor room that had hot water at least 2 of the nights and just dealt with the low water pressure. Last night I was there the same issue no hot water. I did see plumbing crew working on new water tanks for at least 2 days. This hotel was very inadequate and travel quite abut for government and by far one of the worst stays I've had. I was not offered any compensation or credit. No management contacted me left a message to explain issues. One other thing I did notice that hotel employees were smoking right in front of the entrance. I don't smoke and don't mind others that do. I think very unprofessional for staff to smoke right in front of hotel. One bright spot was front desk employees were very kind and helpful. I will not recommend hotel to others that come to Warner Robins.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Ray G,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are delighted you found our front desk employees were very kind and helpful. We are truly proud of our staff.

Allow us to take this opportunity to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have documented your concerns regarding the shower and have shared these with our maintenance and management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Joel B