“Good Overall... but not Great”

Comfort Inn Warner Robins
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Warner Robins
Savannah, Georgia
“Good Overall... but not Great”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Upon checking in on Friday afternoon about 2:30 we found the young lady checking us in not all that friendly nor informative. Had to ask her where our room was and even then she failed to tell us information she should have told us. We found our room without problem and the first big item we missed... where is the closet?? We had a Disabled Room and they failed to tell us it had no closet. We finally figured out that what they did was do in the closet when they redid room to make it large enough to handle wheelchairs. We were only there for a couple of nights so we just decided to fold our clothes and put into drawers...though even there they only had two small ones. The next big problem was that they failed to put more than one bath towel, and no wash cloths into the bathroom. And on top of all that there was absolutely no place to put your toiletries or needed bath items. We did call front desk and all the missing items were brought... either by staff and in one case the General Manager herself. We also had to call the front desk to find out passwords for internet service, which were written on our room keep packets but not told this upon checking in. We latter spoke with General Manager about all these problems and she told us that the young lady was probably in a hurry to end her shift as it was over at 3pm. She also apologized about the towels and told us they had a portable closet we could use in our room or one of the luggage racks that roll. She also said on future visits they would also be more than happy to install temp. grab bars in the bathrooms if that was my main issue.. She was very friendly and polite and made us feel most welcome... now if only her check had done the same. The other good thing is that at 3pm they put out fresh baked chocolate chip cookies... complimentary. The smell is sooooo good as you first come in the door and the cookies are big and yummy.

The next morning we headed to the lobby for the breakfast and it too is good, but not great. Compared to many places it is better as they have make it yourself waffles, fresh fruit and juices, muffins... bagels...and breads and other good items, but the scrambled eggs were horrid and the bacon was the thinnest we had ever seen. ( So thin you could see right thru it.) We know they use mostly if not all precooked items and all I can say is please find better product concerning the eggs and bacon as it ruins what otherwise would have been an excellent venue.

On our second day we left the room before 9am and returned about 3pm to take a nap. I immediately noticed once again the lack of bath towels and fresh wash cloths. Figured that we would call after our nap to get them replaced again. About 45 minutes into our snooze the maid knocked on the door and I called out to her that we were resting. (Guess I should have put the "Do Not Disturb" on the door. After getting up I looked in hall and she was there and said she needed to put the towels into our room.... Good. Someone should also tell her to make sure to vacuum floors daily as I think the only thing she did in our room as empty the trash and wipe down the sinks and such. The bed was same as we left it... we straightened it up before leaving so it looked pretty good but still should have been remade. Room also was dusty onto of pictures and other areas.... I checked just to see how clean they really were.

Now all this being said I still have to say that overall I would stay here again as the bed was very good...though just a tad too soft for us. The room overall was nice and the big thing is that you get a good value for what you pay. This is a 2 star hotel... and I have stayed in 3 Star that did not own up to the level of this hotel. I want it made known that overall this place is a good hotel, and I hope the General Manager we met reads this as I know she really cares.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank TravelerDude31320
ComfortInnWR, Manager at Comfort Inn Warner Robins, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We can only get better with your help. It is very important that all our guests are comfortable while staying with us. We know it isn't always easy to travel. Our Accesable rooms are not rented that often, so it is possible a little dust might accumulate on the pictures. However we should have a plan of action for these situations. We have instituted a new system that should prevent this from happening to future guests. We are always looking for ways to make our complimentary breakfast better. This is a challenge because of our limited facilities. We are glad you enjoyed the sausage and we hope to WOW you, your next visit.

Again, Thank you it was a pleasure to hear from you. Please make sure you come by and let me shake your hand , the next time you visit.
Peggy Kay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed overnight as we wanted to be close to Dobbins AFB and the Aviation Museum. Exceptionally clean room and bathroom, we have stayed in Choice hotels from Fla to Calif and this was high on the list of "greats". Enjoyed breakfast with its varied choices and especially enjoyed talking with buffet attendant. After being on the road for about two hours we discovered my husband had left his hearing aids in the room. A quick phone call resulted in learning that the housekeeper had already located and turned them in! We gave our credit card info and the hearing aids were delivered via FedEx two days later....
We will be returning to this hotel as we expect to visit the "other half" of the museum and look forward to thanking the hotel staff in person.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen F
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. You and your husband were a delight. The entire staff loved having you stay with us. We can't wait to see you again.

Sincerely
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2013

First things first & BTW i'm a total Marriott/ Hilton snob and this is my 1st stay ever in the chain. We all want to know the following so without further delay:

Beds::
Comfy (not hard, not too soft, cozy bedding)

Bathrooms::
ROOMY, sink space/ counter is large, and showers have good water pressure and praise God a nice wide shower head that sprays more than a trickle. If you like more than towels for 2 just simply ask for them to hook you up with extra when you check in.

Cleanliness Factor::
Excellent. Only thing I could remark on is that touch up painting around the rooms would make for even better reviews because people do notice nik's on furnishings and scratches where chairs have bumped the walls. Rooms smell clean which we all know is glorious. As do the common areas. You won't sniff mold in this place as far as I can tell!

Cockroach Report::
NONE... i've stayed in two rooms within a weeks time and both rooms were clean.

Breakfast::
Muffins, waffles, bacon, yogurt, juices, milks, cereals, danishes, and probable something else I forgot I saw. The lady who sets it all up is precious.

Nearby Places::
In the parking lot is a Taco Bell, Fatz Food (?), Starbucks. This hotel is surrounded by plenty of other restaurants- O'Charley's, Olive Garden, Longhorns Steakhouse, and a million other smaller chain restaurants too that your familiar with. There is a mall about a mile down the road and a couple of huge plaza's with shopping stores in them on both sides of the hotel. Drug stores are close too- CVS & Walgreens.

Staff::
Absolutely sets the bar really high! A lady cleaning saw us at a distance and waved hello, the front desk staff (particularly a young woman with curly blonde hair is as sweet as they come), as was a lovely woman who was folding towels and stepped out of the room to chat with us about her advice on my son's allergy cough. We found out that both of us were adoptive parents. So sweet, helpful, smiling, and happy are the staff of this hotel. Not even Marriott can give us that!

If this hotel was the standard by which all Comfort Inn's were in the above area's i'd stop staying at the other chains happily unless I was going to a resort. Also, this is the quietest hotel i've ever stayed in. I hardly hear a door shut in the hall or even people outside your windows.

PS- The cookies are great!
PSS- There are TWO Comfort Inns on this street if your coming from I-75 so don't get them confused. I can't attest to what you might experience at the closer one.

Room Tip: 176- Has 2 Queens and it was nice 175- Has 1 King and it was also nice Both rooms were not too far...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SwallowingAMoose
ComfortInnWR, Manager at Comfort Inn Warner Robins, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Your the Best. I was looking through my responses and trying to catch up on all my paper work and I could not believe I had not thanked you for your review. We so enjoyed your visit and hope to see you soon. I really enjoyed chatting with you about your son. Please make sure you stop by the desk and say hello the next time you visit.

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2013

After 17 LONG hours driving with our two children, we were thrilled to find such an amazing, clean and spacious hotel room. Two bedrooms and a pull out sofa made it possible for mom and dad to sleep comfortably and get the kids separated for a while.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy R
ComfortInnWR, Manager at Comfort Inn Warner Robins, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you so much for the taking the time to write a response. We are very happy that we could add enjoyment to your travel. The suites are wonderful for families. Thank you so much for taking advantage of these spacious rooms. We hope to see you soon. Peggy Kay
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Nice hotel. I enjoyed my stay. It's the second time that I've stayed here, and will probably do it again. The front desk staff was both friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable. The motel was nice and quiet. Eggs and stuff were included in the continental breakfast.

Restaurants and stores are all nearby. There is a Starbucks in the parking lot for morning / afternoon tea. It's only a couple of miles to the main gate of Robins A.F.B., and on the same road.

Oh yeah, they have cookies in the evening. Who doesn't like cookies?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank advocon
Thank you for taking the time to tell us what you like about us. We love the cookies too!!
We hope to see you again soon. Our full American Breakfast, is a great source of pride for us. It is not your typical hotel breakfast. We add a touch of the South, with biscuits and gravy every day to go with Bacon or Sausage, scrambled eggs or cheese omlets and 2 different kind of Waffles, there is something for every one. Please make sure I get to shake your hand next time your in town. Peggy Kay
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

First and formost a heartfelt thank you for a wondderful evening spent at you Comfort Inn at 2725 Watson Blvd in Warner Robins. The room was clean and comfortable as well as very affordable for those on a budget needing a night away or a stop during a long trip. Most importantly the people in your employ were extremely helpful, couteous and kind. A breath of fresh air and greatly appreciated. I hope that you stay profitable and keep up the good work. Oh, the breakfast was very nice. The mixture of good old staples mixed with healthy alternatives was spot on! Even the lady serving breakfast made a point to stop and make sure that we had what we needed. What more can I say. Thanks again Peggy, see you soon at our next get away. :-)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff H
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know we made a difference. It really means a lot. We can't wait to see you at your next getaway!!! Peggy Kay
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Enjoyed our stay. We were on our way to Florida. I was so impressed by Peggy the Manager because I forgot something in the room and I called later that day and she offered to box it and mail it out that evening, She really went the extra mile for me. Her act of kindness and service was really appreciated. I received it in Florida a few days later. Would enjoy staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Awww, thanks for taking the time to tell us you received your item. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here. Please come see us again, I would love to shake your hand. Peggy Kay