“Weekend Genealogy trip”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Enjoyed great customer service from front desk clerks both the evening and morning shift clerks, however we went through three guest rooms before we found a room that was clean. The commode in the first room was soiled, second room smelled moldy and we settled for the third room with a noisy cooling/heating unit. Our genealogy research was fruitful there are extensive colored records at the court house; marriages, births, deaths, free Blacks, and some records of slave owners selling enslaved Blacks. Mclendon funeral home was a great resource as they have a gentlemen there who knows alot about the bloodlines in/around Washington, Georgia. Nice, easy trip to the 'Country'.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Healthcaretraveler

Reviewed 26 April 2011

My son and I stayed four days at the Jameson Inn while we did family tree research in the area and enjoyed it very much. The room was cleaned everyday. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was delicious that they served every morning. The people in the front office were very helpful and nice. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I first stayed in this hotel about 15 years ago when it was fairly new to Washington and really the only decent hotel in town. Back then it was a great hotel. I've since stayed here a dozen times or so in the last three years while in town on business, and the overall quality of the hotel has really declined. The rooms often have a bad or unpleasant smell that is poorly concealed with some type of deodorizer; the fixtures & furnishings are sometimes in disrepair and really need to be improved. Doors face the outside, and the seals are sometimes in poor shape...in the winter you can often feel a significant draft in some rooms. The staff are generally cordial, and occasionally very helpful, but are sometimes curt and seem disconnected with the guests...it makes me cringe to find inhospitable folks in the South, an area where I have generally come to expect hospitality above and beyond the norm. After my last stay in July, I decided that would be my last. I need to come back for business in a couple weeks, but have decided instead to book a room at one of the hotels in Thomson...20 to 25 miles to the southeast. Stay here if you must, but do not expect much.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank hydrogeo99
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We rented 2 hotels from the Jamerson and it was an absolutely miserable experience. The rooms were filled with flied and crickets. Our room on the bottom floor, the door was open when we came back to get something to eat, even though I am sure that I shut the door securely. Apparently not securely enough. The tv reception, poor. It was so bad that I can not see subjecting my family and I to this again. And the front desk clerk Pat was absolutely rude and mean. I have never felt so rushed or treated so rudely by someone. Forget the fact that I am a paying customer but how can you call someone and tell them when check out is? We were advised of the checkout time when we got there. She made it a point to say she would charge us an extra $50 if we were not out by that time. I normally straighten my room before leaving and leave a tip. I could not do it!!! Horrible place!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank tonimihos
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I have mixed feelings about this hotel stay, it wasn't bad, but it didn't compare with the other chain we'd been staying with, during this trip through the south. Washington, Georgia is a very small town and there were not a lot of options, so we chose the Jameson, as it was a chain and we'd heard of it at the very least. I have to say that the gentleman who checked us in, at 9:00 PM, was not particularly friendly, in fact he was close to rude. We weren't clear on the directions to find our room from the desk, and he was obviously put out that he had to leave the desk and point out the right stairwell. But he'd watched us head off in the wrong direction and never said a word. It put a little negative ping on our impression of the place, a rude clerk, can make a big difference. The other negative about the hotel was the door lock. All the rooms opened to the outdoors, there were only two floors, this room was in the back, it was a lonely empty parking lot, and our door had one little bolt that you turn. We just did not feel safe, it may be a small town but it was completely unfamiliar to us. We put a chair under the door knob. The bed was fine, and it had all the right amenities, wifi, fridge, coffee pot, nice shower. But instead of the usual hotel welcome message or directory on the dresser for guests, there was a terse print out about how many towels should be there and hinting that the right amount had better be there when you check out. The morning staff was much friendlier than the night guy at least. Two big bonuses were the two restaurants adjacent to the place. (not connected to the Jameson chain). There was a family owned Mexican restaurant, that served till 10:00 PM, and was very good. We slept too late for the free continental, so we walked to Huddle House, which was fabulous! I'm glad we chose to stay there, I just wish it had been a little more welcoming. and secure.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank nile,DC
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Why leave brochures in the rooms that promise luxury, preminum cable, luxury bedding & comfy chairs. The ice machine is a very long walk from the rooms in back or upstairs. The lighting was horrid, broken lamp, no sheer curtains to allow light. Oh well, live & learn.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank moonbearmama
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We travelled from Wisconsin to Washington, Georgia to do some family research, and having never been there before (and having booked online), we didn't know what to expect. We were scheduled to arrive at 10:30pm and were just hoping for a clean room in a quiet hotel. Well, we got that and much, much more. The room was as nice as (or in some cases nicer than) hotels we have stayed at for twice the price. The staff was incredibly friendly and extremely helpful. Not only did they provide excellent service, they went out of their way to help us get in contact with people who could help us gather information for our research. They never made us feel as if we were putting them out and were there for whatever we needed.
As far as being quiet goes the area was very peaceful and we had no trouble going to sleep. The hotel is in a very convenient location. It's just outside of town and right across the street from a grocery store, yet it is far away from any loud activity so there is nothing keeping you awake at night. As for the staff at Jameson Inn Washington, the way they treated us was the epitome of Southern Hospitality. They really knew how to make us feel welcome and you can believe that we will be staying there again soon.
One more thing: Although they call their breakfast a "Continental Breakfast", it's actually a little more than just fruit, juice and coffee (like most "Continental Breakfasts"). They have waffles, French toast, cereal, grits and muffins to go along with their juice and coffee. It was much better than expected. If you stay there you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Hampton Inn Thomson
The Fitzpatrick Hotel
The Fitzpatrick Hotel
#1 of 3 in Washington
Southern Elegance Bed and Breakfast

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!