“Excellent Place to Stay!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washington
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Jameson Inn. The ladies at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was very clean and cozy most importantly, the bed was so comfortable.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying in Room 107.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Lisa H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Atlanta
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I suggest you stay elsewhere. This hotel does not deliver what they promise. I checked into this hotel Mar. 2012 and then left to look around the town since I had not been in Washington, GA before. When I returned about an hour later I tried to get on the internet and found it did not work. When I ask at the front desk they did not check into it but guessed that in may be the cable people. I then told them I was not going to stay and did not want to be charged from the room. They refused and said I only had 30 minutes to decline the room. This was never told to me nor was on their web site. The short time I was in the room I noticed it was not cleaned properly. The carpet looked worn and in general the room was not in good condition. In addition the location of the hotel seemed sketchy. All in all this is not a place you want to stay. This is a one star motel at best.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be best
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dem2009

Travellers are raving about these Washington hotels

Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the 2012 Tough Mudder which was held right up the road. At check-in we were met by James, a very disgruntled employee at this hotel. The man had absolutely no personality although I think he may have tried to be funny when I requested a late check-out and he said "sure 1100". The rooms were what I expected for the price, nothing great but not horrible either. The only redeeming thing about this hotel was the manager in the morning, she was very accomidating and allowed us to come back to the hotel and shower before leaving (three hours after checkout). And the excellent review about breakfast has to be from an employee's, when are green banana's and stale cereal good? Overall, not too bad but I wouldn't recommend it simply because of James (he was that bad).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank recon626
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I DO NOT recommend this hotel. My husband and I went to Durhamtown and needed a place to stay that accepted medium size dogs for the weekend. I made reservations a week before and called to get information about their pet policy. After 8 hours drive in heavy rain, we finally got to the hotel at 4am to discover their pet policy was not what they said it was on the phone or online and they were going to charge us more.
First the hotel is really what you get for the price. The place smells, lights don’t work, bathroom and bed don’t seemed to be cleaned very often. The mini refrigerator had food from the last guest and microwave was dirty inside. That said we didn't expect much so we just endured it and I wouldn’t come here to give a bad review just for these reasons.
At check out, however, I decided to complain about the extra charge. I have never experienced discrimination against my nationality until this old lady named Pat that worked in the front desk of Jameson Inn Washington asked me "Are you a travel agent?" "Where are you from anyway?" followed by a pause making a superior face "You are not American." and after that accusation "You should watch out!"
First Im not an agent, but what did she care if Im an agent or not? Whats up with this interrogation?
Second I have all the right in the world to complain about an unexpected extra charge of any kind, and me being an american or not should have no bearing on the situation. I thought hotels were aware that foreigners stay in them while traveling. Apparently not at this c****y hotel.
Third what the hell should I watch out for? Am I supposed to be an illegal alien, in fear of her calling immigration? She should be the one watching out for her job because I truly hope she has been fired by now.
Pat is an old lady who needs to realize that the racist attitudes of the old deep south have no place in 21st century US and is quite lucky that her racist tirade didn't earn her employer the discrimination lawsuit her actions richly deserved.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank rachels550
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Enjoyed great customer service from front desk clerks both the evening and morning shift clerks, however we went through three guest rooms before we found a room that was clean. The commode in the first room was soiled, second room smelled moldy and we settled for the third room with a noisy cooling/heating unit. Our genealogy research was fruitful there are extensive colored records at the court house; marriages, births, deaths, free Blacks, and some records of slave owners selling enslaved Blacks. Mclendon funeral home was a great resource as they have a gentlemen there who knows alot about the bloodlines in/around Washington, Georgia. Nice, easy trip to the 'Country'.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Healthcaretraveler
Reviewed 26 April 2011

My son and I stayed four days at the Jameson Inn while we did family tree research in the area and enjoyed it very much. The room was cleaned everyday. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was delicious that they served every morning. The people in the front office were very helpful and nice. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I first stayed in this hotel about 15 years ago when it was fairly new to Washington and really the only decent hotel in town. Back then it was a great hotel. I've since stayed here a dozen times or so in the last three years while in town on business, and the overall quality of the hotel has really declined. The rooms often have a bad or unpleasant smell that is poorly concealed with some type of deodorizer; the fixtures & furnishings are sometimes in disrepair and really need to be improved. Doors face the outside, and the seals are sometimes in poor shape...in the winter you can often feel a significant draft in some rooms. The staff are generally cordial, and occasionally very helpful, but are sometimes curt and seem disconnected with the guests...it makes me cringe to find inhospitable folks in the South, an area where I have generally come to expect hospitality above and beyond the norm. After my last stay in July, I decided that would be my last. I need to come back for business in a couple weeks, but have decided instead to book a room at one of the hotels in Thomson...20 to 25 miles to the southeast. Stay here if you must, but do not expect much.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank hydrogeo99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Econo Lodge
#3 of 6 in Thomson
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 6 in Thomson

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!