“Enjoyed my stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 17 August 2012

While traveling through the southeast part of Georgia I came upon a small town by the name of Washington. After obtaining a room at the Jameson Inn I went to the downtown area referred to by locals as the square. It was like stepping back into time and experiencing the old south again.
I enjoyed the stay at the Jameson. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff are very helpful and seem to me to want to please and spoil me. I shall return to the town of Washington and hope to see the staff at the Jameson again. I found what I was looking for in a weekend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank J L

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Found cockroaches crawling up the walls and in the bed shortly after arrival in our room. Girl at front desk was sweet but when Manager took over on the phone she was extremely rude. We left and booked a room at the Fitzpatrick Hotel in town which was much cleaner, friendlier, absolutely gorgeous and $20.00 cheaper. The next time I come to Washington Georgia my choice of accommodations will be a "no brainer!"

Room Tip: Try and find a room without cockroaches!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Jameson Inn. The ladies at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was very clean and cozy most importantly, the bed was so comfortable.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying in Room 107.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I suggest you stay elsewhere. This hotel does not deliver what they promise. I checked into this hotel Mar. 2012 and then left to look around the town since I had not been in Washington, GA before. When I returned about an hour later I tried to get on the internet and found it did not work. When I ask at the front desk they did not check into it but guessed that in may be the cable people. I then told them I was not going to stay and did not want to be charged from the room. They refused and said I only had 30 minutes to decline the room. This was never told to me nor was on their web site. The short time I was in the room I noticed it was not cleaned properly. The carpet looked worn and in general the room was not in good condition. In addition the location of the hotel seemed sketchy. All in all this is not a place you want to stay. This is a one star motel at best.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be best
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dem2009
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the 2012 Tough Mudder which was held right up the road. At check-in we were met by James, a very disgruntled employee at this hotel. The man had absolutely no personality although I think he may have tried to be funny when I requested a late check-out and he said "sure 1100". The rooms were what I expected for the price, nothing great but not horrible either. The only redeeming thing about this hotel was the manager in the morning, she was very accomidating and allowed us to come back to the hotel and shower before leaving (three hours after checkout). And the excellent review about breakfast has to be from an employee's, when are green banana's and stale cereal good? Overall, not too bad but I wouldn't recommend it simply because of James (he was that bad).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank recon626
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I DO NOT recommend this hotel. My husband and I went to Durhamtown and needed a place to stay that accepted medium size dogs for the weekend. I made reservations a week before and called to get information about their pet policy. After 8 hours drive in heavy rain, we finally got to the hotel at 4am to discover their pet policy was not what they said it was on the phone or online and they were going to charge us more.
First the hotel is really what you get for the price. The place smells, lights don’t work, bathroom and bed don’t seemed to be cleaned very often. The mini refrigerator had food from the last guest and microwave was dirty inside. That said we didn't expect much so we just endured it and I wouldn’t come here to give a bad review just for these reasons.
At check out, however, I decided to complain about the extra charge. I have never experienced discrimination against my nationality until this old lady named Pat that worked in the front desk of Jameson Inn Washington asked me "Are you a travel agent?" "Where are you from anyway?" followed by a pause making a superior face "You are not American." and after that accusation "You should watch out!"
First Im not an agent, but what did she care if Im an agent or not? Whats up with this interrogation?
Second I have all the right in the world to complain about an unexpected extra charge of any kind, and me being an american or not should have no bearing on the situation. I thought hotels were aware that foreigners stay in them while traveling. Apparently not at this c****y hotel.
Third what the hell should I watch out for? Am I supposed to be an illegal alien, in fear of her calling immigration? She should be the one watching out for her job because I truly hope she has been fired by now.
Pat is an old lady who needs to realize that the racist attitudes of the old deep south have no place in 21st century US and is quite lucky that her racist tirade didn't earn her employer the discrimination lawsuit her actions richly deserved.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank rachels550
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Enjoyed great customer service from front desk clerks both the evening and morning shift clerks, however we went through three guest rooms before we found a room that was clean. The commode in the first room was soiled, second room smelled moldy and we settled for the third room with a noisy cooling/heating unit. Our genealogy research was fruitful there are extensive colored records at the court house; marriages, births, deaths, free Blacks, and some records of slave owners selling enslaved Blacks. Mclendon funeral home was a great resource as they have a gentlemen there who knows alot about the bloodlines in/around Washington, Georgia. Nice, easy trip to the 'Country'.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Healthcaretraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Hampton Inn Thomson
The Fitzpatrick Hotel
The Fitzpatrick Hotel
#1 of 3 in Washington
Southern Elegance Bed and Breakfast

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!