“A Delightful Step into the Past”

The Fitzpatrick Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Washington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2013

While preparing for a business trip in the area, I read several reviews of this hotel and decided to stay there. It was a great decision! My colleague and I both enjoyed our accommodations. The rooms were just as advertised and the breakfast delicious! The restoration has been very well done and the hotel returned to its original graciousness. Business will necessitate an annual trip to the area and I will staying at the Fitzpatrick!

Room Tip: I had the standard room which was great. My colleague stayed in one of the front rooms as a special...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SCRcarolina

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Booked an overnight stay at the suggestions of friends that this hotel has charm and history. It was EXCELLANT! The owners, Christy and Mike were so accomodating and gracious. They have done an amazing job restoring this hotel back to it's wonderful splendor. GREAT place to relax and just take time to visit the area. Freindly folks in an area full of history.

Room Tip: We only know about 2 rooms. 202 and 204 are the basic rooms.......but that means that are fully deco...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I loved the Fitzpatrick Hotel. The staff were wonderful. They made my midweek stay blissful! Christy arranged dinner for me which was chicken salad from a local cafe that was delicious! I stayed in a room with a deep clawfoot bathtub. After dinner and a hot bath I spent a cozy night tucked up in the comfortable bed. I awoke to a nice continetal breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a clawfoot tub!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Purchased the Groupon to visit and so glad I did! The hotel is beautifully renovated and Kristy was very, very helpful and friendly. We upgraded to the second floor tower room, which was lovely: a great view of the downtown square, beautiful tiled fireplace with gas logs, big bathroom and giant closet. Noise was minimal and the bed was super-comfortable - one of the most comfy hotel beds I've ever slept in.
Got downstairs late for breakfast, so we missed the french toast but there was a variety of fruit, breads, cereals, and beverages. Plus! They serve St. Ives coffee, which is roasted in Gainesville, GA, and is very good. Went to dinner across the square at the Jockey Club and enjoyed a nice meal.
Overall, a great little weekend one-nighter for anyone who wants to get out of Atlanta or Augusta for the night or is passing through that area on a weekend.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

On a weekend getaway, we stayed at the Fitzpatrick. It was the most wonderful experience. This hotel was beautifully restored. The service was absoutley amazing. Upon arrival, we were treated warmly almost as if they had know us for a long time. The owner greeted us and gave us a brief town history, and recommendation as to where to eat supper. Once we got to the room, we fell in love with the detail that had been put into it. The bed was very comfortable, and in the bathroom the tub was great. The next morning breakfast was included. It was not a normal hotel breakfast. It was a delicious breakfast casserole, homeade! After breakfast, we were within walking distance of many historical homes. We loved this hotel. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

This a beautifully renovated historic hotel right on the downtown square. The couple the own and run the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable and breakfast was good. Its the perfect place to stay for a get a way and enjoy this pretty little town with all the antebellum homes.

Room Tip: We would have loved to stay in a front room or tower room, but the back rooms are less expensive. We...
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Fitzpatrick for a "night away". It couldn't have been nicer. The hotel has been restored beautifully. We stayed in one of the front rooms, which has bay windows, with stained glass panels above the regular windows. The room was nice sized. The bed was very comfortable. My wife especially appreciated the old fashioned tub that she noted was the perfect size and height. We ate dinner immediately across the square at the Washington Jockey Club restaurant (also recommended!). But equally impressive with the hotel was the hospitality shown to us. I would definitely recommend the Fitzpatrick Hotel.

Room Tip: I upgraded from the standard room (normal with Google Offers or Groupon) to a front room. I didn...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Quality Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Thomson
Southern Elegance Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Fitzpatrick Hotel? Share your experiences!