This hotel has been beautifully restored, but the hotel is little used. When we arrived in the morning, there was nobody in the hotel. An employee arrived by 3 pm. We were the only guests for 3 nights, and frequently were the only people in the building. The hotel has decent wireless connections. Breakfast included juice, coffee, cereal, yoghurt, fruit and breads with jams, but there was very little protein. The burden of care for this large and beautifully restored building is huge, and it was evident that cleaning and restoration is an ongoing challenge -- especially difficult with a small number of guests.
This is a great hotel for groups to visit, and for small meetings. I would return, as I enjoyed the peace, the welcoming attitude of the staff, and the very friendly people in this town.
Washington also has very few tourists, at this time of year. In Washington, on the Memorial Day holiday, all of the businesses and restaurants in town were closed, except for the Verizon store.There is no cell phone provider in this town except with Verizon, and we had no service on our phone for 3 days. The local library is excellent, and has a great internet connection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully-restored, historic hotel sits directly on the square in lovely downtown Washington and allows guests to experience luxurious accommodations reminiscent of another era, while providing all the modern amenities our guests have come to expect such as: hot-breakfast, DSL, 24-hour on site staff, off-site health club facility, satellite television, restaurant on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Fitzpatrick Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Hotel Washington
- The Fitzpatrick Hotel Washington, Georgia