Foremost, I must say that this was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in! Treat yourself to a view overlooking the square (the rooms across the hall, however, are nice for their price). Our second floor room was huge w/plush antique furnishings, satellite TV, a large bath with claw foot tub, and a foldout bed was in the walk in closet. It is apparent the owners spared no expense refurbishing this lovely jewel of a hotel. The first floor features a library full of any kind of reading material one could want. There is also access to a (non-hotel related) gift shop from the first floor. Heavy continental breakfast included cooked eggs, sausage, and biscuits, in addition to fresh fruit and other usual breakfast fare. Enjoyed sitting on the back deck of the on-site restaurant conversing with other guests at breakfast as well. The shops around the hotel have a nice inventory and special small town service - an employee from the jewelry store around the corner tracked me down to return my stray sunglasses. First class treatment all around! The restaurant across the square is a nice dinner dining spot, since the hotel restaurant was open only for lunch the night we were there. A very peaceful, refreshing visit all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully-restored, historic hotel sits directly on the square in lovely downtown Washington and allows guests to experience luxurious accommodations reminiscent of another era, while providing all the modern amenities our guests have come to expect such as: hot-breakfast, DSL, 24-hour on site staff, off-site health club facility, satellite television, restaurant on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Fitzpatrick Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Hotel Washington
- The Fitzpatrick Hotel Washington, Georgia