“This place is purely perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkinsville
Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Watkinsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We came last night to celebrate our wedding anniversary, which is today, May 2nd. The grounds are beautiful; the accommodations luxurious; the breakfast perfect to the last bite(and it was so plentiful, my husband had to finish my last twenty bites). The owners are very friendly and accommodating, and even the gardener was happy to answer questions. There was a private event late yesterday afternoon, but the staff was so openhearted about everything that we were welcomed to participate if we liked and were offered reception food!
The Manor faces Main Street and is across the street from a couple of nice restaurants and a short distance from quaint shopping. Yet, with the trees and wall that surround it, you don't feel like you're near anything!
We loved everything about Ashford Manor.

• Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is not your usual bed and breakfast. You actually do feel like you are home....except at our home Mario is regrettably not cooking breakfast. "Cooking" is too mundane a term or Mario's culinary offerings. The first words out of my mouth in t e morning were "Wonder what Mario is fixing for breakfast?"

The beds were as comfortable as ours at home....and we have an excellent matress.

The hosts aim to please in every way, but they are not intrusive.

Watkinsville itself is a charming little village with lots of history. Investigate northerngeorgiatours.com for very informative guided tours by Melissa.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at Ashford Manor for a Spring Cleanse event that was organized by a dear friend of the proprietors, David and Mario. Our group basically took over Ashford Manor for five days where we participated in twice daily yoga and meditation sessions, were pampered with massages and served delicious vegetarian meals. In between, we were treated to tours of the local sites and artist community. David and Mario were fabulous hosts who went so far above and beyond for us that it's impossible to think of anything we may have wanted that wasn't provided. The grounds at Ashford Manor are meticulously maintained and absolutely gorgeous -- especially with Spring in full bloom for those of us from the north. The beautiful Victorian mansion has been lovingly maintained and updated and is furnished with antiques and original artwork; many of the rooms have special themes that make them especially unique. We stayed in the Asian Room which was furnished with delightful Asian furniture and accessories. The rooms also have many luxury touches not found at typical B&Bs such as refrigerators, telephones, Wi-Fi, bathrobes, white noise machines (not that they are needed) and Keurig coffee makers. Ashford Manor also offers concerts on the lawn in the Spring and Summer -- a kind of mini Ravinia for those who are familiar with that popular music venue in the Chicago area. Located about 90 minutes northeast of Atlanta, the Watkinsville area is home to many artists and art galleries. Less than 10 minutes away is the town of Athens, a thriving college community with lots of great restaurants and entertainment, as well as the Georgia State Botanical Garden. We very much enjoyed our visit and look forward to our next opportunity to stay at Ashford Manor! I understand the Spring Cleanse event has already been scheduled for next Spring so sign up now!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I travelled to Bogart, GA on business and stayed at Ashford Manor which was 15 minutes away. I was greeted by David who helped carry my luggage into the house, turned on the modern player piano and gave me the grand tour of this beautiful old home. After I dropped off my bags I sat on the porch enjoying the fresh air and a glass of wine as the birds chirped and the sun set. I was completely refreshed from my long day of travel and work.

Be sure to tour the beautiful grounds and walk around the quaint town. I dined at Mirko which is an Italian place across the street. The food was inexpensive and the meal was one of the best I've ever had.

The next morning I rushed to prepare for another busy work day Mario knocked on my door at 7:30 AM and brought in a beautiful tray that held a cheese omlette, bacon, a warm biscuit, fresh fruit and OJ. It looked beautiful and tasted great.

This is an amazing B & B run by caring and committed people. My only regret is that I could not stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We had heard amazing things about Ashford Manor from friends so we decided to spent a night here to celebrate a birthday. We found all the acclaim to be much deserved!! Each of the rooms is impeccably decorated/costumed, giving you a different experience depending on the room that you stay in. We stayed in the Safari room which was separated from the rest of the house and had its own private porch, perfect for warm weather. The owners were incredibly warm and welcoming, willing to give us tips about the town and yet gave us absolute privacy. The food was outstanding, catered to our dietary needs and even served to us on our balcony. Whether you are coming from out of town or even a local looking for a special night out, I would highly recommend Ashford Manor to anyone who appreciates originality, hospitality, and art.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trip080
Reviewed 6 March 2011

This was our first experience staying at a bed and breakfast, and what a wonderful experience it was! The location is perfect--just a few minutes from Athens and everything it offers, yet it feels worlds away when you arrive. The house is a gem, built in 1893 and full of charm.
Each guest room is decorated differently and most have a theme. We stayed in the White Room, which was so beautifully decorated and private. The huge 4 poster canopy bed is stunning. The sitting area in the suite was stocked with a Keurig machine and plenty of coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The bathroom had fresh flowers in it and was well stocked with shampoo, lotions and shower gel. The owners have thought of everything, even the small details, to make their guests feel comfortable and at home.
I kept hearing about how good the breakfast was here, so I couldn't wait to experience it. We got to choose what time we ate and whether we wanted room service or to eat in the dining room. We chose to eat downstairs and breakfast surpassed my expectations! The food was delicious and elegantly presented. It was a fine dining experience without the stuffiness.
Everything about our experience was perfect. I can't wait to visit again and I've already picked out which suite I want to stay in this time!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I am adding a copy of the thank you letter I sent as my review:
Patrick M. D. Zohn, Esq.

2 South Main Street
Watkinsville, Georgia 30677
Re: Recent Visits of January 27th and January 30th
Dear David and Mario:

As you know I recently had the great good fortune to spend two overnights at the Ashford Manor House in Watkinsville. The purpose of my letter is to express my great satisfaction and praise for the experience I enjoyed during my stay at your B&B. From the moment of my arrival until I regrettably had to depart it is fair to say that I had one of the best B&B stays of my life, without question. The two of you (along with Patrice) demonstrated a standard of excellence and care that one often hears about but rarely receives.

I am so impressed with the care and attentiveness that you brought to my stays. Both the Asian Room and Penthouse Suite are very comfortable and well-appointed. Each has their own style and beautifully implemented aesthetic. I am anxious to find future reasons to return so I can enjoy the same experience in the other rooms in the lovely and gracious Ashford Manor House B&B. Perhaps this summer if my calendar allows I may return to sample a summer concert and a Shakespeare performance. The people of Watkinsville, Oconee County and beyond are fortunate to have you in the community.

Thank you again Mario and David. I wish you, your staff and the Ashford Manor House all the very best and I look forward to a return visit someday very soon.

Very truly yours,

Patrick M. D. Zohn

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo

Been to Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!