“A most memorable visit.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkinsville
Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Watkinsville B&B and Inns
Evans, Georgia
“A most memorable visit.”
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Just want to thank you again for a most memorable visit at the Ashford Manor.
We thoroughly enjoyed the White Room and your breakfast was exquisite.
We hope to return soon to enjoy the Asian Room.
Thank you so much for the magnolia bloom it looks beautiful on our kitchen table..
As we said, it will be memorable visit and hope to repeat it soon.

Room Tip: The White Room is very romantic.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Nestled in the small town of Watkinsville, is this absolutely gorgeous Bed and Breakfast! My Husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary, and stayed here. What an awesome experience it was!!! The rooms are exquisite! We stayed in the Penthouse Suite...which was absolutely gorgeous. No detail was left unfinished. Every corner had a new surprise inside and out. We woke up to an awesome breakfast, which we ate in our room by candlelight. You must ask for the Famous French Toast! The crew made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived even their black and white Australian Shepard. The Gardens were well kept, and gorgeous! I only wish we could have stayed much longer.........but I can assure you that we will be returning! It's only 1hr from us, but it feels like a totally different world.If I could rate this B&B on a scale from 1-10.....I would give it a 20+.

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I planned a surprise getaway for my husband -He had no idea where we were going & I gave the driving directions to him as he tried to discern our destination -I haven't seen him this happy in a while -He felt loved & cherished by the gift -Ladies, you might want to think about doing the same -Dave & Mario were great Innkeepers & the Gourmet breakfast was "Out of this World"

Room Tip: Think about choosing the White Room
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Ashford Manor was a fantastic discovery, one we chanced upon when we asked the owner of a nearby antique shop where we should stay on our way through Athens. She first suggested the Hampton Inn, but fortunately we asked for more. Ashford Manor is a delight in many ways. The hosts are delightful - friendly without being obtrusive, generous (Mario shared his creme brule French Toast recipe), and amusing to chat with. The breakfast was a gourmet treat, delicious and beautifully presented. But perhaps most striking of all was the imaginative decor of the rooms. We stayed in the Safari Room, which was filled with eclectic antiques, tribal art, and original art that looked tribal. My wife was taking photographs of the bathroom floor. We got a peek at some of the other rooms which were equally imaginative.
An interesting tip: Local law forbids their selling alcohol, so they give away wine and spirits while asking us to pay for mixer. Another tip: An excellent Italian restaurant just across the street.
Also of note: They had three different levels of stay, with three different prices. We chose the full gourmet breakfast, but for less money we could have had no breakfast. Somewhere in between was the Continental breakfast, which we suspect would also have been gourmet.

Leesburg, Ohio
Reviewed 3 May 2011

What an incredible introduction to the Athens area, loaded with amazing southern hospitality. My husband and I chose the Ashford Manor for our "second honeymoon". Our first choice (the White Room) was already booked for two nights of our planned three night visit so we started out in the Safari Room and moved upstairs for the last night. While I loved the White Room for its pampering, luxurious and romantic feel... we could have easily stayed on in the Safari Room. Its quirky and eclectic sensitivity completely fed our tastes. The added benefit of having a porch (complete with several choices of seating, including a swing under the lovely old wisteria) at our disposal is well worth making this room our future home away from home in the Athens area.

I would be completely remiss if I didn't mention the scrumptious breakfasts enjoyed on Saturday and Sunday! Our first morning meal consisted of freshly squeezed orange juice, artistically arranged fresh fruit, perfectly cooked bacon, scrambled eggs with herbs straight from the garden and the flakiest scone I've ever eaten (and I've eaten far too many) - which comes from the Granary (a bakery across just the street, in case you need more goodies for your travels). But, wait! In case you drooled all over yourself, it gets better! Sunday morning brought Mario's amazingly delightful Creme Brulee French Toast Casserole instead of the scone (I swear! You'll know you've died and gone to heaven!!) along with a different selection of fresh fruit and sausage patties. I so wish that I'd taken the photos of these two breakfasts like my husband thought I would! Mario's sculpting abilities flow onto the plates so that the food looks as good as it tastes.

Walk across the street from Ashford Manor and you have at least three wonderful choices for lunch and dinner. Friday night for us was dinner at Mirko Pasta. Once seated, our waiter brought us some bread with an exquisite white bean/olive oil spread to start us off. We then moved onto a yummy salad - greens and goat cheese+. We shared a lovely salmon with pesto and asparagus, and black tagliolini with mussels, garlic, cherry tomatoes and white wine sauce.

If Friday's dinner wasn't perfect enough, Saturday's dinner was perfect in a completely different way. David (our other host from the Manor) suggested we check out Girasoles. He said to be sure to ask for Chef Jose to come out because he would more than willingly talk to us about our preferences and create a meal just for us. And, that's just what happened. I was in the mood for fajitas (another favorite) but also was being attracted to the seafood special of the evening, Swai (a Vietnamese catfish). Jose's marrying of the two - Swai fajitas - resulted in the best fajitas I've ever eaten. My husband was in the mood for Grouper. While at the table, Jose dreamed up Grouper topped with crawfish etouffee with scallops. It was just as perfect, and not to be beaten. Before our dinners arrived, we also enjoyed the bread with homemade balsamic vinegar (to die for... a fellow patron bought a pint to take home and actually shushed Jose when he gave her a recipe for marinading chicken because it meant her husband might steal some of her precious cargo).

Sunday evening had us visiting Chops & Hops. Their specialty is steak and lamb... we went simpler with a Cuban (slow roasted mojo) pork sandwich - fantastic, and a burger with pesto - very good. We'll alert you here to a local county ordinance that prevents the sale of liquor on Sundays. For this reason, we couldn't avail ourselves of the "Hops" side of this lively restaurant.

A quick 12 minute drive will get you downtown Athens from the Manor. This convenience allows for most anything else you might need if you feel a need to escape your heaven on earth stay with Mario and David. The parlor is lovely and filled with art and a baby grand piano. A fine place to sit and chat. So is the wrap around porch with its variety of sitting areas to choose from. I spent a lot of time wandering the 4 acre garden and visiting with the resident pheasants and macaw.

All in all? As my title says, our stay at Ashford Manor was sheer heaven. We will return. We have already recommended this must stay to several friends and family members.

Room Tip: book ahead on the internet - fast and easy
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BPelham
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We came last night to celebrate our wedding anniversary, which is today, May 2nd. The grounds are beautiful; the accommodations luxurious; the breakfast perfect to the last bite(and it was so plentiful, my husband had to finish my last twenty bites). The owners are very friendly and accommodating, and even the gardener was happy to answer questions. There was a private event late yesterday afternoon, but the staff was so openhearted about everything that we were welcomed to participate if we liked and were offered reception food!
The Manor faces Main Street and is across the street from a couple of nice restaurants and a short distance from quaint shopping. Yet, with the trees and wall that surround it, you don't feel like you're near anything!
We loved everything about Ashford Manor.

• Stayed April 2011
Sharpsburg GA
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is not your usual bed and breakfast. You actually do feel like you are home....except at our home Mario is regrettably not cooking breakfast. "Cooking" is too mundane a term or Mario's culinary offerings. The first words out of my mouth in t e morning were "Wonder what Mario is fixing for breakfast?"

The beds were as comfortable as ours at home....and we have an excellent matress.

The hosts aim to please in every way, but they are not intrusive.

Watkinsville itself is a charming little village with lots of history. Investigate northerngeorgiatours.com for very informative guided tours by Melissa.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watkinsville
Quality Inn & Suites Athens
SpringHill Suites Athens
Graduate Athens
Graduate Athens
#1 of 23 in Athens
University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens
Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown

Been to Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!