“LADIES NIGHT OUT”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkinsville
Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Watkinsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Thirteen of us rented the whole house for the weekend. Saturday we cooked a turkey there, and the rest of the ladies brought the rest of the fixings for a fabulous home-cooked dinner. Sunday morning Dave and Mario made a fabulous breakfast - waffles, sausage, fresh OJ, lots of fruit so beautifully presented.

We ladies had a wonderful time. Drifting in between 4 and 6 pm, we had cocktails, wine and hors d'oerves we brought. We hung out, breaking into little groups, walking the grounds, checking out the eclectic selection of rooms. We ate our feast and settled into the living room to swap stories, gossip and play with Ana's Toobers and Zots. What fun.

This is the second year this group has gotten together - just local women wanting a special evening away yet close.

Thanks Guys for helping make this so special.

Room Tip: Check out the web site because each of the rooms is a completely different experience. Personally I...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Dave2241, Front Office Manager at Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

We are thrilled that you all enjoyed yourselves and we hope to have you all back again soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We took over the manor for the night, most of us arriving late afternoon we were treated to a tour of the lavishly decorated & well appointed rooms and the surrounding property. The gardens were lovely even in January & we met the resident pheasants (although they were enjoying a dinner of strawberries & hardly noticed us). All of us contributed dishes for a sumptuous feast in the dining room which Patrice had set up beautifully. Retiring to the parlor for dessert and games. Then later to our comfortable beds.
We awakened to breakfast prepared by Dave & Mario that was not only a work of art but delicious as well. We were all reluctant to leave!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We recently planned a wedding at Ashford Manor and the staff was gracious and helpful. I can't say enough about their service and accommodations. Beautiful house with gardens and a huge fountain. Many thanks to Jesse. Rev. Ellen Cook

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I am not usually a BnB fan. Ashford Manor was an exception. The staff has figured out the right amount of guest attention...not too intrusive and helpful if needed. The decor is eclectic, unusual and obviously reflective of the proprietors travels and interests. Not my taste but I
have been to several BnB's and they all seem to be a little overdone in decor.
The location was good for us as we were wanting to explore nearby Athens without being in the UGA football crowd.
The italian restaurant and bar/restaurant across the street were unexpected surprises for this little town.
The breakfasts prepared fresh each morning were excellent with the presentation like being in a 5 star restaurant.
Ashford Manor is an excellent alternative to the typical hotels near a college town.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank JPR2003
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Penthouse Suite for our third anniversary. Not only is the estate gorgeous, but our room was perfect. It was beautifully decorated and very spacious. I especially loved the jacuzzi tub, Kuerig dark hot chocolate and comfy king size bed. Iced champagne, a dozen red roses and chocolate-covered strawberries were waiting on us when we arrived. We received a wonderful dinner recommendation the night of our stay and our breakfast the next morning was one of the best we've ever had. Ashford Manor will definitely become a tradition for us -- we loved every second of our stay!

Room Tip: Every room is unique and worth a try -- we hope to try all of them eventually.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenn3618
Reviewed 22 November 2011

For the second year in a row a special group of friends have gotten together and each time have stayed at Ashford Manor. We were there over the weekend of Halloween and the setting was spectacular! I stayed in the Penthouse and felt like royalty! It has everything you could possibly need. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were phenominal. After both stays I was left craving their breakfasts for weeks afterwards! I highly recommend that if you are planning a trip to Athens that you make Ashford Manor your choice as a place to stay!
Pam B.

Room Tip: Each room is so unique. The furnshings are beautiful and the bedding is really comfortable! I slept...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at this B&B in October. Each room has a different theme and we originally picked the safari room to stay in from the pictures on the internet. When we arrived we checked in and we were shown to our room which was beyond lovely! We asked if we could look around the house at the other rooms and one of the owners showed us around. We instantly fell in love with the Penthouse room. You have a private bedroom upstairs, a huge bathroom, and a sitting room downstairs. The owner let us change rooms since that one was not taken, and I couldn't have been more pleased! We had originally gotten a room there because we wanted to visit a restaurant half an hour away for dinner and wanted to stay overnight somewhere. Needless to say, we canceled the dinner because we wanted to make the most of our stay at the house. The owners gave us the name of a fabulous restaurant across the street and we spent the rest of the time in the room relaxing in the enormous tub. The shower was huge and so clean that I asked the next morning what their secret was for getting the tile that clean! Everywhere we looked there were surprises that we didn't expect. From the wonderful bathtowels, shampoos, scented soaps and lotions provided to the incredible cotton sheets on the bed with down pillows and comforter, we were in heaven! They even had a single cup coffee maker with different coffees, teas and hot chocolates. The following morning was the icing on the cake though! They rang a bell to let you know that they were bringing in breakfast and then they rang the bell again to let you know they were leaving. When we came down to the sitting room we were greeted with a lovely breakfast. The omelet was the best I've ever had (this includes the 5 star hotels I've stayed at). They even had fresh fruit and flowers! Everywhere you look in the house is a treasure trove of whimsical finds. I am not sure if I am more in love with the house or the owners who are very nice and catered to all of our needs! I even told my husband that if I run away from home, he could find me there! We loved our Penthouse experience and we are planning our next trip already. My husband suggested we should stay in all of the rooms and see which is the best. We will be booking again in the near future! Why stay in a hotel when you can stay in a home? Especially one this magical!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!