Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Watkinsville
See available hotels
Luxury Inn(Watkinsville)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsb bthe penthousegallery suitethe main housechopsattentive hostssafari roombreakfast preparedgarden roomladies nightashford manorfavorite roomprivate porchhonor barsound machinecreme brulee french toastthought of everything
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Not only is the manor itself gorgeous and full of character, but the owners were wonderful people who helped me out of a bind when I needed to get into Athens and realized that there was no local taxi service. They were so kind and full of good advice, and they helped me to get where I needed to go. A very reassuring stay for a woman traveling on her own!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank J B
Dave S, Owner at Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for your kind words, and reflections on our service. There is no cab company in our little town (9 miles south of Athens). The cab service in Athens is often an option for our visitors, but subject to availability, time-frame and sometimes cost. For our 16 years we have developed several creative means of overcoming this little inconvenience, even driving guests ourselves to destinations, or arranging private car services that are at our exclusive disposal. Our private 5-acre estate provides tranquil security, at the center of a small, historic town with shops, restaurants, galleries, within walking distance. Just ask, should you feel the need or necessity to travel outside our bit of Heaven. We will see that you get to your destination and back, 'home'. But a slight distance from busy Athens, our mission is comfort, service and beauty. Best wishes from the staff at Ashford Manor, and hopefully a speedy return.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

What a great place. Enjoyed meeting new friends on the huge front porch. Stopped for complementary wine in the beautiful 19th century parlor on the way to our room. Its theme was Asian and was really well appointed. We liked the mix of new amneities with original objects like the claw foot tub and sink fixtures. It was our anniversay so it was a delightful way to celebrate. The big country breakfast was fantastic, thanks to Mario. You can't go wrong here. We live in Watkinsville but will stay here many more times in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

It has been my experience that MOST places do NOT live up to their actual website description. Ashford Manor exceeds all expectations! This place is simply amazing, yet eccentric, eclectic, gorgeous, welcoming and just an overall spectacular surprise. Hosts Mario and Dave go 'over and above' the call of duty to make you feel welcomed. Not only is the historic house gorgeous, but the gardens are a great joy to walk through! It has been a very long time since I've enjoyed an experience at a B & B like I enjoyed mine this week. I would highly recommend Ashford Manor B & B to anyone. It is also a fabulous treat to have your own divine bathroom in each unique room. Congratulations...'Well Done' to Mario and Dave for their superb efforts!
Patricia Gordon-Stevens
Kapunda South Australia

Room Tip: Just go onto their website...you can view the rooms for yourself and make your own choice! They are all beautiful and unique. I was on the ground floor and had my own verandah.
Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I just spent 4 nights at the Ashford Manor and was totally charmed the entire time. The house was breathtakingly beautiful as were the gardens. The antiques were fantastic. This was hands down the best run place I've ever seen. There was absolutely no detail left unattended. I wanted for absolutely nothing. Everything had been planned out with the utmost care. The hosts Mario, Dave and Patrice were wonderful and made me feel comfortable and at home. I asked if I could possibly bring my son's dog to spend the day with me and they were happy to let me. I went to get her and returned less than 20 minutes later to find a beautiful dog bed in my room! This B&B is worth the trip just to hang out for the weekend. Darling little town to explore also. I wish I could rank them over a 5! The bed was comfortable and luxurious.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Ultra Chic Modern a la Marriott ect , this is not for you!

Amazing grounds with hidden alcoves,niches & decorative treasures are there for your enjoyment including "decorative pheasant" doves & other surprises to make your stay a treasure hunt on 9 acres of pure artistry. (May 2-pouring rain & we still loved the place.)
We arrived early, Dave took care of us, professionally, caring ...plus "above & beyond" !! How many times have you said that on a check in !!
Our room did not meet our expectations! We have been disappointed by misleading photos
before. It was BETTER, & exceeded our hopes !!!
(May 3 pouring rain & we still loved the place) Breakfast!! Let them spoil you with their creativity.(allergies-no problem they will take care of you.)
(May 4- pouring rain & we still loved the place.) Honor bar!! Thank you Ashford after a long drive
much appreciated.
May 5 (pouring rain & we still loved the place.) Our room was a haven ! 5 Guests for breakfast,
with a little notice was wonderful. Mario & Dave handled everything to perfection!!
So PLEASE do not stay here!! We want a room available for us next time we visit!!!
g &Lo

Room Tip: Ok The fitness is walking around the grounds but is that really bad???
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple