“Absolutely lovely B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkinsville
Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Watkinsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I LOVED our stay at Ashford Manor. The property and home are absolutely beautiful, with so much to appreciate about each individual room. Every detail is unique and carefully thought out. The staff is out of this world, and the breakfast, delivered to our room, was wonderful! Every part of the experience exceeded our expectations. Already making plans to go back! :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Ashford Manor recently and what a lovely experience it was. All details are considered, thoughtful, and imaginative. Beautiful rooms and furnishings. Fresh flowers, candlelight, and the breakfasts are divine! What truly marvelous and gracious hosts. We had restful privacy and yet felt completely cared for at the same time. We will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms have elegant personality and the grounds are lovely
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here first with my daughter, then the very next week with my husband while we helped my daughter move into a local apartment. So, I've stayed in the manor house as well as two of the cottage suites. The staff is very welcoming and so willing to do whatever they can to make your stay memorable and comfortable. They really want you to have all the comforts of home! There is not one detail that has been neglected! And, the eclectic decorating is so much fun! The decor is very classy, but always with a little wacky thrown in! I have stayed in many B&B's over the years, but this one is my favorite! And, to get to stay in such a beautiful place (5 acres in all, and you are encouraged to explore the grounds, which my daughter and I did) for a price that is comparable to the crowded hotels in Athens, GA, was just incredible to me! For the 3 people who gave it a "terrible" rating - I hope you will go try the Holiday Inn in downtown Athens. Then you will appreciate the true gem that is Ashford Manor!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I had a FANTASTIC experience at Ashford Manor last weekend. The grounds were amazing, the room was extremely clean, and the service was impeccable. The attention to detail with the breakfast made us feel like we were staying at a place that was $1000/night! We loved every minute and will DEFINITELY return :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I have been visiting the charming Ashford Manor for 16 years. Our stay this past weekend was as delightful as it's ever been. Mario and Dave are most gracious hosts and the home is a warm refuge from our busy, hectic lives. The décor is inviting, the rooms comfortable with thoughtful amenities, and the grounds are serene. The best part is always the delicious, generous breakfasts! We plan to keep coming for another 16+ years.

Room Tip: We prefer to stay in the Asian room, but have also enjoyed the White room. I don't think you ca...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

After a 5 hour drive we were so excited to see our first ever B and B. No one was there. We went to the porch and called on the outside phone and someone came to let us in. After stating we would be leaving early the next morning, he said we might be more comfortable in the "side cottage" or whatever it was. It was around the side of the smaller house, towards the back through unkempt bushes,empty coke bottles and garbage in what was once a fish pond, and not very attractive at all. Upon entering the room,it had a distinctive odor,not good. it looked old and not used much I was worried about walking without shoes and even getting under the covers,it was that bad.. The Tv didn't work and we left to take care of some business and was told they would get it working while we were gone. Upon returning, and having a late lunch, we decided we were tired and would just stay in the rest of the night. When we got back,the tv wasn't working and the door connecting the other part of the house was open. We couldn't lock the door and it was open all night, making me very uncomfortable, and we didn't learn why till we were leaving the next morning. A note was outside our room saying they couldn't fix the tv so were leaving us access to the other part of the house to watch that tv. I won't even talk about the gigantic bug that my husband killed and made me nervous to even close my eyes. We never heard or saw anyone during our stay there. I left a note relaying all this to whomever ventured back in there and I have to say I got an apologetic email and they decided not to charge my credit card because we were so dissatisfied. Nice of them,wasn't it!!

Room Tip: I'd say check in another place.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Linda J
Dave S, Guest Relations Manager at Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear guest,

We apologize you felt dissatisfied with your stay. We were under the impression we’d rectified the situation, but that is apparently not the case. I’ve addressed your grievances below.

After relocating our office to our new historic property (just next door), we realize that we’re not on the immediate premises of the bed and breakfast. In our official email confirmations, we acknowledge this change and ask guests to please call when they arrive, at which point, yes, either an employee or the owners will come to greet you and show you to your room.

The “unkempt” bushes are an unfortunate result of natural cycles. Many of our most beautiful plants are seasonal, and in November when you stayed with us, much of our deciduous shrubbery was barren. Our apologies. The coke bottles and “garbage” were intentionally placed and are part of a fountain fixture we purchased from a local folk artist. Our regrets that it did not suit your tastes.

We also regret that our Cottage looked both “old” and “not used much”—truthfully, our properties are quite old (the Cottage was built in the early 19th century), and we’ve done our best to preserve their historical integrity. In turn, the original flooring, etc. may have smells inherent to their age. In any case, our establishment follows state-regulated and implemented health codes, and we can say with the authority of official health inspectors that there was no need for your concern.

We have most definitely had problems with our satellite service provider, and since your stay we’ve elected to change our television service. We appreciate the feedback, as it has helped us to improve our bed and breakfast, and again, we offer our apologies for the inconvenience it caused you. We did, however, open the adjacent suite for you (which you mentioned), which not only tripled your space, but also gave you access to two other flat screen televisions. We thought it was an appropriate solution, and we assumed the note we left was conspicuous enough that you would most certainly see it. We apologize for any confusion or discomfort you experienced, but we do wish you’d notified us immediately of your concerns, as we would have been more than happy to address and resolve them.

The “gigantic bug” is unfortunate, but again, we operate historic homes. We get very regular pest control for all our buildings, and we hate it as much as anyone when a bug manages to slip in. It’s an unfortunate reality of owning large, old properties, and we too find it unacceptable on the very rare occasions our guests have encountered bugs.

We were earnest in our apology, as it honestly breaks our heart to hear that you were so unhappy with your stay. We realize you were dissatisfied with our facility, but B&Bs are really a wonderful addition to the hospitality industry, and we encourage you to give them a chance again in the future.

Thank you for your input, and we wish you the best in your future travels.

Regards,

Brian Dunlap
Guest Services Specialist
Ashford Manor Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We found this amazing Bed & Breakfast online after receiving a BnBFinder.com gift certificate as a wedding gift. Our initial stay in the Penthouse Suite with a private jacuzzi tub was incredible. Mario and Dave truly know how to accomodate their guests with genuine southern hospitality. We have come back every year as a result and stayed in nearly every unique room of the main house. Lucky for us, there is a cottage with even more rooms to choose from when we keep coming back again and again...

Also, ignore the 1 star Terrible review guest regarding the breakfast service, etc. I had the french toast with butter and whipped cream served by the owner himself just this morning and it was delightful! I cleaned my plate. You only live once!

• Stayed: February 2014

Been to Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!