“Nicer than the rest”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waycross
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Waycross
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is the nicest hotel in Waycross. Although, that doesn't really do it justice because most hotels in Waycross are horrible. This would be a nice hotel most any place, short of big cities and tourist hubs. The beds have extremely comfortable mattresses and the choice of soft or firm pillows. The sheets in our room were kind of scratchy, but maybe they were just new and need to be washed a few more times to break them in. Still, I slept really well. I couldn't get over how clean the place was though. I checked everywhere and everything was spotless and the room had a fresh smell like clean laundry when we arrived. The indoor pool was very nice and the hot tub and sauna were great. The front desk manager was professional and polite.

Areas for improvement: The elevator is soooooo slow. ugh. And the breakfast wasn't very good. There were a lot of options, but we had trouble finding anything good. The eggs were watery, the sausage was bland. The croissants were stale and the cereal (flake style) got broken to bits by the dispenser they put it in, so you end up with soggy crumbs when you add milk. The breakfast attendant was kind of rude too. She was using the high chairs to hold the empty coffee pots while she changed them out. I needed a high chair for my daughter, so I just stood back a couple feet and waited quietly for her to finish, but when she saw me she gave me a dirty look and walked away without saying a word. Waiting for the high chair didn't bother me, but the attitude did.

Regardless, if you have to stay in Waycross, this is probably your best choice. Very comfortable and clean, and a good value overall.

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others. Another family we were staying with had the same style room as us...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 May 2014

First you have to realize that there are not many choices of great hotels in Waycross. I was originally booked to stay at the Hampton until my coworkers told me it smelled and looked old. I immediately cancelled my reservation and went here. I made the best decision. The hotel is extremely comfortable, the service was great and the breakfast was pretty good. I took advantage of the pool and the exercise equipment. The pool is indoors and it is not olympic size so don't expect to swim a lap. I had to stay at this hotel for 2 weeks and I would not have chosen another place to stay. The hotel is located on Memorial Drive and there are a few restaurants that include Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Applebees and a few fast chains to choose from. There is also a Walmart and a Kroger on the same street. If you stay on Memorial Drive, you will find everything.

Room Tip: I personally like higher floors. There is only a view of the street or the buildings next to you so...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Best place to stay in waycross. We looked at a few of the hotels in town and this one was by far the best. We stayed three night, the staff were all friendly and helpful with anything we needed, the room was outstanding and at a great price. I can find nothing bad to say about the hotel.

Room Tip: Totally up dated hotel, great place to stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Not having planned to stay in Waycross but stranded here due to weather flying we were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, comfort and how helpful staff were! We didn't have car so few restaurant options presented but Applebees was ok! Room was immaculate and breakfast attendant wanted to assure we had what we wanted from their breakfast! Would stay here again (if I have to ever be in this location again which I kinda hope not)!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed here with 2 of our dogs. They gave us one of the "pet" rooms on the 1st floor, but we couldn't tell that it was for pets - it was very nice. The hotel is very dog friendly, and had a large well lit grass area right out front that came in handy. Breakfast was good but limited like most free breakfasts, although they did have a pancake machine. Hadn't seen this before - push a button and a couple minutes later 2 pancakes drop out, and they were good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

clean and up to date beds are great its one of the best in the area rates are about avg food is the same at all of these hotel not bad staff was helpful and friendly would go back and stay again parking is safe and area is safe

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank charles d
Reviewed 28 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com