“Wish I had read the reviews before visiting” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 68 Restaurants in Waycross
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Georgia
“Wish I had read the reviews before visiting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My review is going to mirror others reviews about the service. The food was good what we got to enjoy. We ordered soup salad and bread along with appetizers. My wife asked for tea with lemon and didn't get lemon. When she asked about it, the server replied they were cutting up lemons and she would go get some. After 3 request we finally got lemon. Not a deal breaker but a precursor of things to come. We finished salad and had to wait for the soup to arrive. We were never offered more salad or bread sticks so I asked for more and they never came. I guess all you can eat salad means you can eat all they will bring you! My wife is in a wheelchair and I had to assist her thru two doors to get to the restrooms that are not marked. When we returned to the table it had been cleaned. I guess the server assumed we left without paying the bill that she had never left at our table. That was embarrassing to return to the table. I'm glad they hadn't already seated someone else in our place. We had to to the the cashier and get our check which was on the way as one of the servers went in the back and must have told her we were still there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

FL
“Controlled chaos but it's still best around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Quality of food was typical OG and that's good. We had a large group on a weekend so that may have added to the problem but i think we had no less that 5 different servers. Drinks came but many after the meal started. Folks were helpful and friendly but I think we need some training here. We are loyal Olive Gardens fans and the food was good so no problem there but really........the servers either neither help or training. Just too chaotic to enjoy your food...meanwhile there are folks standing around doing nothing up front???What's that all about.....I love you OG but help each other out, ok?

• Visited October 2013
Godalming, United Kingdom
“A Little Chaotic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Good choice of food and good value, once you worked out what the offers were. We had ordered our food,the salads and one of the appetizers arrived but no cutlery. The server brought forks when asked, but had to be reminded when the mains arrived that we still had no serviettes or cutlery. It seemed to be the same for everyone. Our second appetizer never appeared but was no problem as the portions were huge.

Visited September 2013
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Very Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

The choice of places to eat in Waycross is not that great. After a lot of discussion the Olive Garden was the one that met with universal acceptance. The service was friendly and helpful and it created a nice atmosphere and the food perfectly acceptable. We will probably returnd when next we are in the area

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Douglas, Georgia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was excited regarding my first trip to our new Olive Garden. However, even though I gave it a couple of months to have the kinks worked out, it was still unacceptable. The service was the best thing about it. That is after 3 different servers finally decided who my actual server was. She, Stephanie, was great. Very polite, friendly, seemed to enjoy her job. The food was not so well accepted. I love Alfredo sauce , so I chose the Seafood Alfredo. The salad was acceptable and of course the bread sticks were great. However, the main entrée arrived cold. The color of the meal was not the soft silky white cheese that is usually accepted as Alfredo. It appeared and tasted as if the meal had been cooked with Velveeta or cheap Mac' N Cheese from a box. To say the quality of the food I had so highly anticipated was disappointing is an understatement. Everyone has bad or off days, so I will give this restaurant another chance, but not any time soon.

• Visited September 2013