“We gave it a Dry...”

Hog-N-Bones
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Waycross
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Chip is the southern BBQ officianado here, so this is his domain. Heading back from Jekyll across the State he found Hog-n-Bones. We decided to stop as it was the #2 rated restaurant in town.

If its not bourbon its bbq as far as Chip is concerned. So upon ordering the pulled pork and ribs plate, he settled in with some slaw and stew and a choice of 4 sauces. The sauces are average, tasting similar to most restaurants, but the Signature sauce he rated best of the 4.

The ribs were dry, and their texture indicated prolonged storage under a heat lamp. The pulled pork was moist but Chip said there was something added to it, almost a filler to preserve the moisture. To him it did not seem fresh, as it normally would if just pulled. The stew was not typical Brunswick, which disappointed him. The slaw I had was creamy and not too sweet, but appeared to have pickle relish mixed in, which threw me.

The restaurant atmosphere was more fast-foodish, which was a warning sign to Chip. He said great BBQ should never be served as a fast food. The employees were fun and friendly, and a handy can of toothpicks awaited you on the way out.

Ultimately, Chip said he would not get up in the middle of the night for this bbq, and so his quest goes on...

1  Thank StephNOwen

Reviewed 5 November 2013

huge biscuit,great grits,a pile of eggs. 4 bucks,cant beat it! try it out if you get a chance...........

Reviewed 11 October 2013

While visiting family in the area we decided to stop by this local BBQ place to try it out. We were not disappointed and even left buying some of their BBQ sauce. While I am not a huge fan of BBQ my husband is. He had their sandwhich and Ribs. The ribs were a little dry but the sandwhich was moist and tender. I loved the house BBQ sauce and was eating it with everything from my fries to my sandwhich. The atmosphere was cute with pigs all over and the staff were friendly in answering questions. I love that they sell breakfast and the biscuits are huge and delicious! Definately worth a stop in. I know when I head back this way again I plan to buy more of their sauce!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

It is easy in the south to find good bar-b-que. Great BBQ may be a little harder, but if you are in Waycross Georgia try out Hog-N-Bones. Not only do they start the day off early with a good old southern breakfast, they serve wonderful BBQ the rest of the day. My favorite is the BBQ potato. But try anything on the menu, you won't be disappointed. Be sure and finish off your meal with some good old sweet tea or lemonade.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We are local and go there once in a while when in town. You order at the front, get your drinks and then the waitress brings your food to you. BBQ sandwiches, fries, pork chops that kind of thing. The food is actually pretty good.

1  Thank Bobbie A