“Nice hotel in Waycross”

Hampton Inn Waycross
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Waycross
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff are extremely curteous, hotel is a little old, but still nice. Now, I have to have at least two-hundred characters so I'm gonna use them with this little banter...not sure why they have a minimum, usually it is a maximum.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fares a, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waycross, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Waycross for your recent stay in Waycross. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Hampton Inn Waycross.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed her the week of 5/23/14 and the hotel was quiet, clean and a great value for the price. It also had a nice pool area to sit outside. Some of the other area hotels don't have a pool outside. I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fares a, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waycross, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy you were pleased and that we met your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and trust you will let us know if we can assist you with any future travel plans. Thank you for choosing Hampton and please come visit us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had to write this review because, even though all we did was stop to get information, the clerk was SO professional and SO helpful in assisting us in finding where we WERE reserved to stay, that we wish now that we had chosen Hampton Inn! We have stayed in others, and always had good experiences. The desk clerk was EVEN BAKING FRESH COOKIES, and the whole place smelled WONDERFUL! Thank you for the FABULOUS service to someone who WILL be a future guest!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 May 2014

It's a great motel. One just has to bear in mind that the rate that one pays is nearly 50% of the average rate for a Hampton Inn. I was absolutely pleased with my stay. Sure, the property is older, but it was still clean and comfortable; and the rate was not $150.00 per night. I've stayed here several times, and will do so again.

Like any Hampton, you have to get up early to enjoy the breakfast. Old people prefer Hampton Inns, and they get up early to gobble up all of the oatmeal. I think it keeps them regular.

1  Thank advocon

Reviewed 17 May 2014

When I checked in the room I found jelly beans around edge of bed, a dead roach in bathroom and a very sticky bathroom floor. I went to desk and they said they would take care of it. The did removed roach - floor was still sticky and jelly beans remained. The next afternoon when I returned to my room the carpet was soaking wet. I went to desk and they said that they cleaned the carpet but a member of housekeeping was standing there and said they did not clean the carpet in my room. Seriously, either way the carpet was wet. I mentioned that no matter the cause I have mold allergies and asked for another room. I was told they were sold out. The overall hotel was dirty and the staff was far from friendly. I generally LOVE Hampton Inns because they are usually clean and comfortable with a great staff. I had a friend at the Holiday Inn Express nearby and would suggest you look at that hotel instead of this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Fares a, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waycross, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was okay & the room was clean, but we were unlucky enough to stay when they had a bunch of kids coming in. I am assuming that they ate everything that wasn't nailed down as when we went to breakfast 45 min. before it closed down there was no bread, 2 english muffins, & other food items missing that should have been replenished. Something was definitely wrong as those tending the area were just wandering around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I wouldn't stay at this hotel since it is in such bad shape. The pool is small, the rooms smell badly and the entire room/bathroom needs updating badly. The staff was OK, the breakfast was sub-par. If you need or want to stay at a Hampton, use the one on GA 75.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fares a, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waycross, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience, we are working on improving our guest rooms. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.