“THE WORST”

ORANGE, NJ
“THE WORST”
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Hi,

I stayed in the Jameson Inn located in Waynesboro, GA on 7/16/2010 to 7/18/2010. However, my stay at this hotel was the worst ever. When we walked in the room we was hit with a smell/horrible that lasted the entire stay. Then the rooms was not clean it was trash on the floor on the side of the nightstand and bugs galore. THE RUGS WERE JUST TOO HORRIBLE TO DISCUSS. Since my family reunion was held in this area and they gave us three choices of hotel to choose from I figure the most expensive would be the best bad choice. I paid more money to stay at the worst place in town since we had family at all three hotels. I would have to say the Best Western was the best. At the Jameson I went to family rooms in two other rooms and it was the same issue smell, dirty rugs and bugs in the rooms they also said they would be complaining about this INN also. The first day we only had one set of towels - had to call down for another set of towels on the first day. Then I read a sign in the room that said if your dirty rags/towels is not on the floor they would assume you want to use them again and would not replace them. So we put all the dirty rags/towels on the floor and the bathroom went out until about 7:00pm no clean rags was in our room at all. Call the help desk for rags/towels. Then took showers to go to bed and the knit blanket that was on the bed the first night was not there just the sheet and the comforter. So I called the help desk for that - they said if we can come and get it we can have one. I went off about all the issues in my room and it was brought to our room within 10 minutes. Then one day the maid knocks on the door to see if we have any dirty towels - they disturbing us to wash towels. I am truly not please with my stay at this resort - I am truly disappointed with this Inn in Waynesboro, GA. We randomly picked hotels/Inn on highway 95 driving from NJ to GA many times that was 100% better then this place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TooLegit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Camilla
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Jameson Inn. Although, I did not voice my true feelings at check-out because I was so disgusted and ready to go. I would like to forewarn anyone who is interested in staying here of what to look forward to. When I arrived, there was a foul odor in the room. It kind of smell like smoke mixed with something even though the room was suppose to be a non-smoking room. The carpet was filthy. The tub was not very clean. There were stains in it that comet would have easily removed if it had been cleaned thorough. There were stains on the sheets, and to top it off someone had left food in the microwave. All of these discrepancies were in my room. My sister's room smelled like feet and cigarette smoke and she had to purchase air freshener for it. The towels were dirty, and there was a spider web in the corner of the shower. The refrigerator smelled like something had crawled in it and died. My brother and his wife's room had a chair that literally needed to be put in the dump. The chair was so nasty. My mother and her sister's room smelled awful. I don't know how they even manage to stay there overnight. My niece's room had scum in the tub, and the chair in the room was discolored and had an odor. The best amenity about this hotel is the gym. For the quality of the rooms, $70 a night is way too much!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank quenitra

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2010

The only reason why I am leaving this response is because they request their customers to rate them on TripAdvisor. I was staying with them on business and have never been in a hotel this bad. There was fecal matter in my toilet when I arrived, dead bugs on the floor, stain in the sheets, and a few other issues. Their fitness facility appeared to not have been cleaned in a loooong time. The floor was nasty and had debris all over it including smashed candy.
The second night, the bugs were still on the floor in my room, the trash was not taken out and it appeared all they did was made the bed. Everyone I traveled with wished we would have stayed in Augusta and drove in.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gatravelwarrior
Charlotte Hall, Maryland
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Where do I start? How about upon arrival my wife pointed out the dried urine all over the toilet...toilet paper holder coming out of the wall...the transition from the room to the bathroom was missing, leaving the carpet tack strip exposed (found this out from stepping on it). This place was a complete dive. If you are a single male, looking to sleep off a hangover, it may be suitable. Staff was as helpful as could be expected, but this place is a dive!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2010

The staff in Waynesboro is always very nice. This has become my home away from home each year. My room is always clean and comfortable. I love the small reception that they have in the evenings each year. I am looking forward to coming "home" again next year.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I called ahead to the Jameson Inn re a non-smoking single. They had only a king size left. I reserved it and upon arrival checked in with a very pleasant front desk attendant. It was on the 2nd story with access from an outside breezeway staircase. The room seemed decent enough so I sat on the edge of the bed by the phone to make some calls.
It was then that I noticed 2 red tiny bugs on the pillow nearest me (the size of the diameter of a #2 pencil lead). I don't know what bedbugs look like, but I didn't relish spending the night with creepy crawlies or blood suckers. I then noticed that the armchair next to the bed was very soiled and dingy looking. A feeling of revulsion was setting in.Then I checked the door safety latches--that swinging triangle-shaped device was hanging by one dangling screw from the door jamb...the other screws were missing. I looked thru the security eye viewer--the glass was crazed from apparently having been poked at and shattered. I did not feel safe in this room/motel.
I looked out the window at the parked cars below the balcony and saw a man circling and eyeballing my parked car which was at the end of the row....what was he up to? A sleepless night seemed a certainty.
I'd noticed a Best Western Executive Inn when I drove into town (2 doors down, next to McDonald's). I called and inquired about a non-smoking room.They had a double or a king. I wanted to look at the double and was told I could. I liked what I saw...on the 1st floor and down the hall from the lobby which had a higher quality feel than the Jameson's (plus breakfast was served at 5:30 rather than the 9:00 at the Jameson...on a Sunday morning). I asked the desk attendant to please save the room for me while I tried to cancel at the Jameson.
I told the Jameson desk attendant that I had issues with the room I had booked, told her my reasons, and that I wanted to cancel. She called out the manager (?) who was apologetic saying that room hadn't been used for over 2 wks and that maintenance had not done their job. Would I like another room instead? I said that I just didn't feel safe in this motel and that I wanted to cancel and leave. She obliged saying my credit card hadn't been submitted yet and that the reservation would simply be erased off their computer. As I gathered my bags, the desk attendant entered the room. I pointed out the problems--she was grossed out by the bugs-- and she said a full report would be made. I returned to the Best Western where I had a good night's sleep, and a fairly decent breakfast of scrambled eggs, biscuit, muffins and coffee at 6 a.m.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Temp1
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We use this hotel to accommodate individual guests and teams who visit our school for competitions. They are always taking the extra step to help make our guests welcome and to accommodate all of their needs. We get positive feedback from all who stay at the Waynesboro location. It is a great value and we appreciate their business partnership.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Hampton Inn Waynesboro
Wingate by Wyndham Augusta/Fort Gordon
Executive Inn
Executive Inn
#2 of 4 in Waynesboro

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!