“Best we could get for The Masters!”
Review of Executive Inn

Executive Inn
Executive Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My son and I were visiting The Masters Tournament at Augusta National and, despite the fact that we had tried to make an early hotel booking, the nearest we could get to the course was this establishment at Waynesboro. It meant a 45-minute drive there and back but then we had plenty of time on our hands!! My room was good - rather dark as it was at the rear of the property, but comfortable. On arrival my son was allocated a room at the front of the hotel but, despite a specific request for both rooms to be non-smoking (which was also declared on the confirmation from Best Western), he was given a smoking room which was ludicrously smelly. He complained and was moved to another room which was much better, though still a bit smokey. However, whilst we were at the golf, he was moved again to a non-smoking room. The rooms were comfortable and were equipped with a coffee maker, which was handy. Breakfast was very simple with little choice and we decided to breakfast each day on the way to golf. The hotel was noisy at times with card schools being played until midnight with all residents being advised of the results at regular intervals!! Moses was the reception clerk on duty most mornings and was very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at front are brighter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We've enjoyed our experience at the Waynesboro Best Western for a few years now; it's nice to find the same personnel who remember us and are unfailingly gracious. We look forward to returning when we travel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Nice place, free WiFi and free breakfast. Room was comfortable and clean. Fridge,safe and microwave in all my rooms. Only minor negative the guest printer was not working. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable. I have been to all 3 hotel in Waynesboro and this is by far the best one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel carpets is soiled throughout. The non-smoking rooms smell like cigarette smoke. Could see smoky haze in the hallway of all nonsmoking rooms. The vending machine is broken. The printer in the hotel lobby doesn't work. Very little food is put out for the free continental breakfast. The refrigerator is empty of yogurt, milk, and most everything else. The safe in my room doesn't work. My air and refrigerator in my room works. Only 3 hotels in the whole town. Quality Inn next store stays full. Wish I could get in there!

Room Tip: Don't stop here. Drive the extra miles to Augusta!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Was extremely tired upon arrival, so I did not complain to the front desk about the following. Reservation was for a "king' bed...I got two 'full size' beds (not even queens). Hair dryer was broken...didn't work. No 'slip resistant' stuff in tub...very slippery. Parking lot is very small...could be an issue for larger vehicles (I have a large Sprinter Van). Quiet and clean room...very important to me. A bit pricey for location and compared to other Best Westerns I've stayed at...and there's been many. Pleasant check-in and check out staff. Would stay again if in the area for business, elsewhere if an option.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I've found that as you get to smaller markets , it's hard to get the same level of hotel.

The good - Internet works good, (you have to sign on with internet explorer). Taylor's BBQ next door is great. An interesting old home, made into a restaurant . It's less BBQ, and more home cooking with lots of great vegetables. I had 2 pork chops cooked in peppers, onions , yams,butter beans , and dressing, and tea, for about $10.
The air works, breakfast is good.

Could be better--
If you want conditioner, or a bag to put your dirty clothes , bring it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The hotel is fairly average all the way around, with a strong cigarette smell in the hallway. My main gripe was the desk clerk, who was clearly not trained to use a computer and made it clear we were disturbing her by asking to put our names on each bill (we had 3 rooms), rather than just the name of person who made the reservation. Checkout for the 3 rooms ended up taking 30 minutes, and the manager had to get involved.

Room Tip: Be away from the parking lot lights-- very bright all night long
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wparrott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Quality Inn Waynesboro
#59 of 85 in Augusta
Ramada Limited Augusta/Near Fort Gordon
Wingate by Wyndham Augusta/Fort Gordon
WoodSpring Suites Augusta Fort Gordon

Been to Executive Inn? Share your experiences!