“Great support from manager and team” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winder
Augusta, Georgia
“Great support from manager and team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We had booked a reservation at this hotel on line. We had a urgent family medical issue arise. Barry was kind and very efficent and was able to assist us. Thank you Barry and staff!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelBug0103

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grafton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stop. don't stay here!! We came to Winder for a family death. We stayed for 2 nights. Check in was ok until we went to our room. The room was not only not clean, but there was Human body hair on and in the bed.. NOTOURS. They moved us to another room on the 2nd floor.NO elevator. NO assistance from the staff. Room #2 was ok until 4am. The clerk who moved us didn't change the reservation in the computer, SO the staff booked the room for another customer. The desk clerk called the room after we refused to open the door and told the other customers to go away, The clerk asked who we were and why we were in that room.... really?!. The manager offered the 2nd night at 1/2 price for the confusion. Night 2. was cooler. So we turned on the heater. Instantly to room filled with smoke & the alarm went off. NO one came to check out the smoke. I went to the front desk. Chad came up and made every excuse possible for the smoke. He changed our room again. This change was the worst. Chad told us he was upgrading us to the "jaccuzi" room. To quote him " Here is the Jaccuzi room, Now you 2 can go and get into the jaccuzi and 'relax'..." followed by "wink wink". Just to note, the Jaccuzi was disgusting Mildew around the 'jets. Totally gross.!!! A call was made to the Best Western customer care center. I demanded a very late check out due to the funeral's calling hours. which was granted. Then they asked what they could do to make us happy following such an insulting and horrible stay.. There was no charge for our stay....
DON'T stay here. Its not worth the insults, smoke alarms, interuptions, filthiness, mold, mildew.. RUN away. go to another hotel.......

Room Tip: GO elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AGilliland

Travellers are raving about these Winder hotels

LAKEWOOD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Stayed for a week for business. Bed was comfy, as were the pillows. All staff were very friendly, especially Chad in the evenings. Some issues with spotty internet connections, but they were always cleared up quickly (think it was a comcast thing, cuz the tv went out for a little bit once too). Only complaints I can come up with...I had to have my key card reprogrammed every single day, no elevator (not a big deal for me, but could be for others), and the climate control in the rooms. The AC units, as with most hotel rooms, are directly under the window. When the drapes are closed, the ac gets trapped in the drapes and the rooms do not cool off very well. Management could probably save a bunch of utility money by putting in a different style of window treatment that would eliminate this problem.

Also, if you visit, pick up a menu for Baja Latin Grill in the lobby and make sure to visit there. I had the Cuban plate and it was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I had court hearings in two Georgia counties on two different dates. We chose this hotel as it was the closest to the first courthouse (Barrow). When I looked for another hotel closer to the second courthouse I found nothing close to the price/amenities(Gwinnett).
This is not pristine and the carpets could use a good cleaning/replacement.
That said, the room was comfy and clean (note to housekeeping - vacuum next to the nightstand). The pool was a welcome respite from Georgia heat.
They have smoking rooms which we required and are hard to come by.
In room coffeepot, micro, fridge, hair dryer. Continental breakfast, per cup coffee available 24/7,
Staff was pleasant, kind and accomodating. Kudos to front desk clerk DAO - and the guy who doesn't like to get wet (don't know his name) - both were very helpful in getting us where we needed to be/items we needed to have.

Room Tip: No elevator - a problem for some?
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank peters440
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

I spent two nights at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised by the updated decor and extremely helpful and friendly staff. All previous negative comments do not apply any more as this hotel has undergone tremendous improvements with new management in the past year. The rooms were nicely decorated, the breakfast was great and my overall experience was very positive.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank GinnyO1
edinburgh, london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2009

This hotel was very nice and clean and the staff and mangement were very friendly and outstanding in customer service. After checking in, I established that this hotel had recently changed ownership, management and staff and had been totally remodeled and with very nice updates. I stay here usually once a year and to see the changes in management, staff and updates surely make this my 1st choice of stay when I am in the Winder, GA area. This hotel has made a huge positive improvement and by far the best hotel in the area.
I want to personally thank the staff and mangement for making my stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vickiefoss
Apopka, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2008

I recently stayed at the Best Western Winder Hotel in Georgia for 6 nights, upon checking in I was greeted with a welcoming smile and easy check in process. My room was clean, everything was working and was able to get a good sleep without any discomfort.
The continental Breakfast was nice i enjoyed the waffle maker. I had forgotten my battery charger for my laptop and was able to take advantage of the Business Center which worked out convienient. I was able to check out quickly and was thanked for staying at the Hotel. I had a overall good stay and will stay here again if needed or to recommend!

Thanks,

John W Apopka, FL

• Liked — Cleaness, comfort of beds and waffle maker
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JohnW74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winder
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
BEST WESTERN Braselton Inn
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#13 of 22 in Athens
Quality Inn & Suites Athens

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!