“Very Nice”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winder
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were in Winder on business. There weren't many places to choose from as far as hotels, but Best Western was easy to find and was very comfortable. We ordered pizza delivery as it was getting late when we arrived. We were very pleased with our stay and would recommend it to anyone going to Winder, GA.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Alberta
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at the Best Western in Winder from Aug 13 - 20, 2013. Our group choose 5 rooms for 10 people. It was OK. Our room smelled like deodorizer spray of some sort (most of the time), kind of like bug spray. My niece & sister found a bunch of dead coackroaches in their room. Front desk moved them immediately and said the cleaning crew didn't do a good job cleaning up. However, there was a live coackroach in the next room, that they killed. Front desk had the room sprayed the next day and told me that they have to spray every 90 days. We realize that in these hot climates there are bugs, the coackroaches are at my family's house in Winder. Our entire group choose NOT to move because we all went down for my sister's funeral and there are only 2 hotels in Winder, and this one looked better. And, yes, the train does come by just after midnite, a couple of times through the night (which we didn't hear), and early in the morning. The breakfast was quite good; however, frozen peeled eggs don't suit my appetite. Other food in the continental breakfast were very good Free wifi, computer in lobby.

Overall, it was OKay. If we went back to that area we would just drive the extra 15-20 and stay in one of the neighboring communities. But Winder was so close that we choose to stay.

Room Tip: Try a hotel in a different area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EliseAlberta

Travellers are raving about these Winder hotels

Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I Had a very pleasant experience at your hotel. I normally do.The staff is friendly and very helpful when needed. Would Highly advise. The rooms, pool area are clean. The breakfast area is clean and the staff keeps the food stocked during the breakfast time. Would recommend Best Western to anyone as a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was an inexpensive hotel that I got a decent deal on while staying for the weekend and visiting a friend. I didn't expect it to be a grand palace but found more pluses than minuses. There were many pros: A computer w/printer is available in the lobby. There's an outdoor pool, free breakfast, and a fitness center. The lobby, halls, and rooms are clean. My room had a flat screen TV (with a ton of channels, unlike some hotels...*sigh*), a roomy fridge, and a microwave. The A/C and heating unit worked well, and there was also an iron w/ironing board which was GREAT for me. The shower worked great. The location is just 3 minutes from downtown Winder and near two main drags through town with a gas station, shopping center, and restaurants aplenty. The cons: only one ice machine on the first floor and at the opposite end of the building. The stairwells are at the opposite ends of this long building (there are two floors). The comforters on the bed felt lumpy, but the mattresses and pillows were much nicer and I got good sleep. A drawback for some may be the busy CSX freight line from Atlanta which runs trains hourly during evening hours and every two hours during the main part of the day. I love trains, so no problem there...

Not a bad place to stay. For the small bit of bad, the good did me just fine.

Room Tip: Stairs are NOT centrally located in the building; take the stairs to the right of the lobby (before...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

There are only 2 choices of lodging in Winder, Ga. Based on reviews of the other place, this was our only option. We stayed one night due to an event that began early in the morning and we needed to be close, otherwise we would have stayed in Braselton.

When we arrived the man sitting down at the front desk didn't even acknowledge us. We had to speak to him to get him to stand up and check us in. He was not very friendly plus his hair and clothes were unkempt - like he hadn't cleaned himself up - and it made me feel quite frankly a little creepy.
There are 2 floors and no elevators so if you have any difficulty carrying luggage or walking make sure you request the first floor. We got a good room price from Priceline and I guess they put us in a "Priceline room". They allow smoking in the hotel(!!) and we were placed on the smoking side, however the room didn't smell like stake smoke. It was so stuffy I don't think anyone had been in the room in a long time.

The room was old but clean. A little dusty. (I really believe it had been empty for a long while). The ac/heat was old and the falling apart but it worked. The bed was uncomfortable to put it mildly, but clean.

This is a small country town and train tracks are across the street. There is no way to not hear the train or the train whistle every 30 - 45 minutes. I set the ac to run continuously so the noise was blocked somewhat.

The bathroom/shower worked and was average. The breakfast was mediocre and carrying a bagel, yogurt, coffee and juice through doors and up a flight of stairs was a trick.

If you have to stay in Winder I guess this is it for you. If you don't care to drive a few minutes then I recommend staying in Braselton, which is nearby.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room if you have any mobility or back issues at all. make sure to request a no...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cruiselass
Onley, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The rooms at this hotel were exceptionally clean as was the lobby area. I was very pleased, especially since the motel the night before was horrible. The bed and the pillows were very comfortable and I was allowed to view my room before actually checking in, which pleased me alot

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel due to visiting family in Winder. You literally have two choices of places to stay. So I settled on this one! As soon as you walk in, the smoke hits you like walking jnto a nightclub! Wow! That didn't bother me. They put me in a non smoking room... Um yeah right! It smelled of smoke. About 2am I woke up on the first night hardly able to breath from the smell! I had to go to walmart to purchase an air purifier for the next night! So my 71 dollar ro turned into a 90 dollar a night room. For that price I could have stayed at another hotel 10 minutes further away much nicer!
If you're okay with awful smoke smell, then this is your place. If not i recommend staying somewhere nicer!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank kexplorestheworld
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winder
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#14 of 23 in Athens
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!