“Cancellations are not honored”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winder
A TripAdvisor Member
Upper Marlboro, MD
Reviewed 15 June 2004

I made reservations through an online service for a two night (weekend) stay at the Comfort Inn in Winder, GA. I arrived the Friday of the stay and consulted with the front desk on how to cancel my reservation since I did not need to stay there. The front desk attendant informed me that no charges would be put on my credit card account if I did not check in to the hotel. She was friendly and considerate. That monday a charge came through on my VISA check card for the room charge for a two night stay. I called the front desk of the hotel again and was informed that they had not charged me anything and that I needed to contact the online service that made the reservation. I contacted the service and they informed me that the Comfort Inn at Winder had indeed charged me for the two nights. The service contacted the Comfort Inn while I was on hold and confirmed this. I called the hotel again and spoke with the manager/GM, who informed me that they had charged me. I informed him of my conversation with his front desk employees in reference to the cancellation The General Manager did not consult with his employees about what they had informed me of in reference to the cancellation or why they did not issue me a cancellation number. He simply made the decision that I would be charged despite what had been informed. I am writing this to spread the word on what you are in for, when you do business with the Comfort Inn at Winder. I would not recommend this hotel.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
gainesville, ga
Reviewed 8 October 2003

i was sceptical about going to this hotel, because i had heard alot of bad things about it before the name changed. but the new owner has really made it a very nice hotel for the money. my room was very nice and clean , it had fridge and mivcrowave, the desk clerk went out of her way to make us feel welcome, and i would recommend this hotel to any buisness traveler or family. we just loved it there.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winder
Jameson Inn Winder
Jameson Inn Winder
#1 of 2 in Winder
Holiday Inn Express Bethlehem
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Braselton, GA
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
Holiday Inn Express Braselton

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn

Address: 177 W Athens St, Winder, GA 30680-1710 (Formerly Winder Hotel)
Region: United States > Georgia > Winder
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winder
Price Range: £64 - £86 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Winder