“Great hotel in nearby Atlanta” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Woodstock
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great hotel in nearby Atlanta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

This was our first time at a Microtel Inn & Suites and not the last one. The hotel was very nice, the rooms wasn't that big, but we were only sleeping here, so it was okay for us. We were staying here for 3 nights.
The service was very good.
The price was also very reasonable.
There was contential breakfast, which was great to start the morning with.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Canton, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

The folks at Microtel went out of their way to make us feel 'at home'...accommodations were excellent and the price very reasonable...

Room Tip: Rooms to suite your every need...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I just spent 8 days at this hotel, was a wonderful experience! The manager Miss Gail goes above and beyond! The contential breakfast is anything but. Grits, Oatmeal, bagesls and cream cheese, fruit, cold ceral, juices on and on. I had a suite and it is HUGE. I felt so at home, I plan to go back in the spring. I used to live in Woodstock and have seen the higher priced hotels, they don't hold a candle to this. Last but not least, the BEST bed I have ever had at including 5 start hotels! I understand Microtel is known for their comfortable beds. Great workout room! I sooooo recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I have had a suite and a regular room, both were great.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was the first time I've ever stayed at a Microtel and I was a bit hesitant since it was so inexpensive. I thought for sure the cheap price would equate to lumpy bed and pillows and a worn down looking hotel ... but it wasn't! I was very impressed with the comfortable bed and soft sheets, and how clean our room was. I'm very picky when it comes to hotels, so this made me very happy. We stayed in a suite, which is one large room with a half-partitian between the queen bed and the sofa bed/kitchen area. This worked great since we were traveling with our daughter. We could put her to bed early, then still stay up on our side of the partitian and read. Had some trouble with our a/c unit - it would cycle off and we couldn't get it to come back on even by lowering the thermostat by 10 degrees - but it wasn't a problem. Overall, the hotel was quiet, the staff friendly, and the price excellent. The breakfast was basic (oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins and bagels), but sufficient. The only negative would be the coffee - it did not taste good any of the mornings we were there. The exercise room had an awesome treadmill, and there is a small pool (too cold to test it out but it looked clean). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
metro Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Being on the lower end of the chains, staying at Microtels can be a bit of a gamble. This was fine for an overnight golf trip. It was clean, bed was very comfy, linens were fine, as was the continental b'fast. Location was good for dining, shopping, and close to the course we played. Room was quite. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Woodstock, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

My A/C went out in the middle of a heat wave this summer and the service techs were backed up for a few days. With temps hitting 96F in my living room I needed somewhere cool to stay. I didn't need anything fancy, just somewhere close, cool, clean and comfortable. The local Microtel is inexpensive and only a few years old so I figured for a couple night's stay it would work just fine. I booked the room, packed an overnight bag and headed out.

The lady at the counter was very friendly. She helped me quickly and made some friendly small talk as she got me signed in. The lobby was clean and a few people were sitting there enjoying a glass of wine - looked like a decent place to unwind if you were traveling.

At first glance my room seemed fine, they were small but it's not like I was looking to move in. However as a started to get settled I noticed stains on the carpets, the chair and on the bedspread and it was also 80F in the room. It was late and I was hot and tired so rather than trying to change rooms I simply cranked the AC, tossed the bedspread aside and left my socks on while in the room. As an FYI, my khaki socks were quite dirty after being in the room for no more than 20-30 minutes. Also, the AC didn't seem to be doing it's job. The room finally cooled off to 'tolerable' but never got cool - it was better than being in my house though.

We don't have a lot of motel options in Woodstock but if you're traveling North on I75 I'd probably look for a room around Marietta / Kennesaw area instead. You'll avoid the chaos of Atlanta and save a few bucks as well - lot of good choices just north of 285 area on I75. (Marriott at Windy Hill for one) If you're traveling South you might want to stay in the same area - not a lot of options on the South side of Atlanta.

Room Tip: Skip Woodstock all together and grab a room in Marietta or Kennesaw. The Marriott at 75 & Windy...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

we are very happy with the hotel,the people are very helpful and friendly,always making our stay pleasant.We have stayed in many hotels,have to say,Microtel inn and suites is just like Embassy Suites,room a little smaller,but also 100$ cheaper!It is clean,bed comfortable,free internet and free breakfast ,quiet and peaceful.We always feel welcome there and would not stay anywhere else !The people there work very hard to make the hotel nice,front desk is very friendly and kind,so are the cleaning ladies,we have not one bad word to say,we are very satisfied with the hotel!And we will always return!Also shopping is nearby,walk to Target,Kohls,Taco Mac few steps away,location is great,close to highway,we highly recommend this hotel,great price for a excellent stay!

Room Tip: book a suite,which has a bar area,microwave and refrigerator,sleeper sofa,it is a good size and comf...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Hampton Inn Atlanta Woodstock
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in Woodstock
Sleep Inn and Suites Kennesaw
Baymont Inn & Suites Kennesaw
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW / Kennesaw Town Center

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North? Share your experiences!