“Breathtaking Views”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Atlanta, Georgia
“Breathtaking Views”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I purchased an overnight stay package from Groupon which included the hotel room, a full buffet w/ chef breakfast and one activitiy. We chose the 2 hour horseback trail ride and loved it! Luckily the weather was gorgeous and the views were incredible. The room was modern yet themed as the hotel with "lodge" type accessories. Very clean and comfortable. We are attending a wedding here in August and will certainly stay at the resort for that.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kellie7270

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Brasstown is a beautiful, peaceful place that offers great service & wonderful activities for everyone. The spa was beyond amazing!! And their food is always exceptional! I recommend Brasstown to anyone looking for a few days away to enjoy some peace & relaxation.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Laurenc18
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Recently visited Brasstown Valley on Business and was very pleased with my stay. The staff was very friendly and seem to anticipate my needs. The resort is not very large so most of the guest were attending our meeting. I was unaware of the Spa or else I would have invited my wife to travel with me. My room was very nice. Staff had said they just replaced the carpeting. During the meeting they had this wondeful coffee breaks will all sorts of goodies. We had a dinner in this outdoor pavilion that looked over the mountains (spectacular view). Was able to watch a game in this neat little bar downstairs. This is a place that my family would enjoy.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank GTDad
Usa
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We stayed in the spa suite, which online looked romantic and relaxing with a plethora of amenities. We were kindly greeted upon arrival and escorted back off the property and down the road, across the highway to the spa building, which had an apartment like suite on the second floor. We had feared that we would be staying in this building when we initially drove past it prior to entering the Brasstown Valley Resort property. After 5pm there is no one onsite and not only was it an extreme inconvenience for us to be so far from even an ice machine (let alone a vending machine - never mind a grocery store, gas station, and forget about finding a liquor store if you didn't bring your own wine), it was an even bigger inconvenience for the resort staff to answer our calls of inquiry or assistance, as they too had many guests to attend to on the property to be bothered by us, 15 minutes away. Then the "romantic" dinner that I booked through the Concierge ended up not being booked, and ended up being a buffet dinner! So we were dressed in business/business casual and people were walking around in swim trunks and flip flops! Additionally, there was not an established parking space for us, which one would expect when staying in the most expensive suite, let alone not even on the property. There was not a radio or MP3 component to play romantic music, which I suppose did not matter because the ceiling speakers throughout the suite didn't even work; and, we did not even have internet service to be able to stream anything in. The spa suite as I have stated is off the main grounds, on a four lane highway with a balcony view of the highway (not exactly the serenity was I thinking of). The Jacuzzi spewed black residue, the aroma therapy shower did not work, and when the spa staff came in to work the next morning you could so clearly hear their conversations it was as if they were standing next to the bed talking with you. We mentioned our frustrations and concerns to staff repeatedly with no assistance…we felt like renters with a landlord that merely wanted us to cover the mortgage and not hassle him with any other matters. We even expressed our disappointment upon checkout, but even that was moot. There are so many wonderful places to stay in and around the area, please do not waste your time or money on this location.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank travelbound1314
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
I apologize that we failed to deliver a positive experience during your visit. I was disappointed to read of the challenges you experienced while our guest. We addressed the specific concerns following your conversation with one of our managers upon your departure. I noticed that we made an adjustment as a gesture of goodwill for the inconveniences that we caused. At your convenience, I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologize and extend an invitation to return as our guest with hopes of regaining your confidence in Brasstown Valley Resort.

I can assure you that we have addressed the communication, cleaning, mechanical and staff procedure concerns you experienced. Please provide your contact information and a time that is convenient for me to call. I look forward to the opportunity of addressing these issues to your satisfaction.

Charles Burton
6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA 30582
Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2011

It is a beautiful resort. The staff is incredibly friendly and professional. The room was clean and well kept.
The food at the restaurant was amazing.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flyer05
Georgia, US
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Beautiful location and facilities. Staff very knowledgeable e and willing to go above and beyond. Food is excellent

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Terry B
Greenville
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I love this resort. I have stayed here three times on business.

It is in a beautiful location. The grounds are impeccable. The rooms are average.

I travel to this area for business and there are certainly cheaper alternatives, but the gym is good (for the area) and the lounge serves good food.

On my last trip I chose the buffet for breakfast  I was the only person in the dining room.

I am a pretty big guy and they sat me at a two topper that was uneven and I couldn't fit my legs under.

The omelet chef came out and I greeted him with a "Good morning" and he replied "Whaddya want?". I placed my order and fixed a bowl of fruit and took my seat.

When my omelet was ready he yelled across the room, "Your omelet is ready.". Again, I am the only person eating, would it hurt to bring it to my table? I got up, retrieved my omelet and thanked the gentleman. I didn't even get a grunt in response. My water glass was not refilled.

None of this is terrible from a Hampton Inn, but not what you would expect from a resort of this caliber, that's

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank SandlapperSc
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking time to share your feedback. I was embarrassed as I read your account of what happened and I have addressed the concern with our staff members. I hope you will accept this as an isolated occurrence based on your previous experiences. Please call me directly if I can be of additional assistance and I look forward to your next visit.

Charles Burton
Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 3 in Blairsville

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!