THIS REVIEW DESCRIBES AN INDIVIDUAL COTTAGE, DECOR, ACTIVITIES, AND SELECTED FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCES OF OUR FAMILY'S VISIT IN JULY OF 2011
Following more than a decade of family gatherings at the beach, we opted to plan this year's retreat in the mountains. Our choice was the beautiful Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa located in Young Harris, GA. Having seen only pictures, we really did not know what would await us. As each of our four families consisting of grandparents, parents & grandchildren (three generations) arrived, the reaction was the same. We had to pinch ourselves to believe our eyes! This venue simply took our breath away, as every aspect of our private cottage (The Hemlock) far exceeded everyone's expectations.
For a moment, imagine a blend of rustic & natural beauty, down-home comfort, genuine warmth, well-appointed furnishings, and all amenities we hoped would be in place--and you have a snapshot of The Hemlock. I am quite certain that this cottage was designed especially for our family group. With four individual spacious rooms & private baths surrounding a wonderful common area (our hub of indoor activity) with all rooms having entry, we loved every minute of grilling on the deck, enjoying the picturesque surroundings, just sitting & a-rocking on the wrap-around deck, and creatively collaborating in the kitchen area. While the warm weather did not lend itself to lighting the logs in the fireplace, it was still fun to relax in the comfortable chairs and sofa and envision the embers burning.
While our visit encompassed only two nights and three days, members of our eclectic group (age-wise) chose to swim, fish & hike, play golf & tennis, go horseback riding, venture beyond the resort grounds to watch a local rodeo show in a nearby North Carolina town, and/or just sit and rock while reading a favorite book with the majestic mountains in the background, we had lots of times to simply visit. Food, of course, was a central interest with grilling hamburgers as our kickoff meal. Throughout our visit, individuals chose both "cooking in" and the breakfast buffets--all delicious. Saturday night's dinner in the dining room (Prime Rib Buffet & all of the trimmings) was one of the highlights that we will long remember.
Before concluding my review, I want to share that the management of Brasstown verified how responsive they are when guests need assistance by correcting a small error in one of our billing calculations. Further, at all personnel levels (from the reservations desk to maintenance/cleaning staff to top management of the resort, including the dining room & staff), these individuals extend all courtesies and service to their guests in a most timely way. Don't hesitate to ask for their help, because no request is too small. Truly, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa aims to please. And they do!
Last, I notice that just above the space for writing this review, there are the words: "We have zero tolerance for fake reviews!" Don't worry! This review is real, as I am the Grandmother of the 6 Grandchildren (ages 14 to 21), wife of the Grandfather, and Mother of three of my grandchildren's parents plus their spouses--adding up to the 14 family members (including me) who loved this resort . Got that? I am not sure I made these connections clear, but what I do hope is clear: BRASSTOWN VALLEY RESORT & SPA = A WONDERFUL FAMILY VENUE TO VISIT, ENJOY, AND BUILD HAPPY MEMORIES FOR A LIFETIME!
D. Robertson / Marietta, Georgia / July 2011
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the North Georgia Mountains, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa quietly redefines the typical mountain getaway. Just a short two-hours from Atlanta, there is something for everyone at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. No longer a secret, the 18-hole championship golf course was named among Golf Digest magazine's top places to play. The Stables at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa offers one- and two-hour guided horseback trail-riding for every skill level. And the 7,500-square-foot Equani Spa, inspired by the area's native Cherokee people, serves up treatments to maximize strength, health, appearance, mental acuity and spiritual balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brasstown Valley Hotel Young Harris
- Brasstown Valley Resort And Spa
- Brasstown Valley Resort Young Harris
- Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa Georgia/Young Harris