“Go for the Spa!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We use Trip Advisor all the time and I'm glad to give this review. We have stayed several times at this resort. Just this year we have been able to get a Groupon for a one night stay and couples massage at the Spa. It is a great place for events (family or business). The golf course is always in use while we're there. The scenery is just beautiful in the Blue Ridge Mtns and the trails on this property are for walking and horseback riding. The breakfast is hit or miss. The Sunday Brunch is expensive for what you get (the locals get a discount and it seems to be popular with them). We have tried dinner twice and were disappointed both times. Not a menu or food-style consistent with such a nice resort. (We have found a restaurant just a few minutes from the resort that is very exceptional -The Copper Door) The rooms are comfortable and some have balconies. Huge wood burning fireplace with lots of seating in the great room by the check-in area. The bar area is nice and a little small, which doesn't matter because you can sit outside on a large deck with gorgeous mountain views. The Spa is so worth it! Of course you don't have to stay at the resort to visit the Spa. Very professional team, beautifully decorated calm facility, sauna and steam rooms separated for men & women, outside whirlpool on a large stone deck with beautiful views, menu available for snacks, salads,and sandwiches, mani & pedi services. This Spa is so worth a visit.

Room Tip: Pay for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your most recent visit. Guest comments are used to improve and maintain the operations at Brasstown Valley.
I appreciate your specific observations regarding our accommodations and resort amenities. I was disappointed to read that our menu and food failed to meet your expectations. Modifications will be made to improve our dining offerings moving forward.

Thank you once again and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

[--]
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com

Reviewed 2 August 2011

My mother was in town for a week from Florida and we decided to get away for a night. We could not have chosen a more perfect location! The resort and grounds are meticulously maintained. We were especially impressed with the overall cleanliness of the lodge! All of the staff was professional, attentive and friendly. Morning breakfast was delicious. In these tough economic times, my husband and I have seen a continual decline in the basic services offered by so many hotels and resorts. That was not the case here! Hats off to the management of this beautiful resort!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. If your travel plans allow you to return within the next 90 days, we will extend to you a 20% discount on most recent room rate. Again thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future and thank you for being our guest.

Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our teen age boys loved the pool, spa, and fitness center. We enjoyed our whole experience at Brasstown, and plan to return again.There is so much to do there, and
in the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We spent July 3-6 at the Resort and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We decided that this is our 'Grove Park Inn' (Asheville) - with much more reasonable prices, shorter drive (only 2 hours vs 4) from our home and even more friendly staff. Like other reviews, we encountered a moldy smell in our room along with some type of air freshener that made the smell even stronger but we overlooked that due to all the positives of the place. We spent many hours sitting in the lobby (people watching and sipping beverages), enjoyed an afternoon of games in Brassies (the sports bar), ate all of our meals on-site and even had time to visit the spa for a pedicure & massage (hotel provided a coupon for 1/2 off one of two services!!). The buffet had lots of variety - loved the chilled shrimp and salmon. Morning omlettes were fabulous along with the huge buffet choices in the morning. Our dinner entrees were not fabulous, more like average, but, again, we were so happy with our get-away that we lowered our expectations of exceptional food. Dinner at Brassies was very good. Before we left, we knew most of the names of our waitstaff, bartenders and bell hops. All were warm, kind and curteous to us during our visit. We are already looking at our fall calendar for our next visit. We can't wait!!

Room Tip: Ask to 'smell' your room before taking your bags up!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in the cabin that had four adjoining rooms. It opened up to a great room with a kitchen. We went with all my family, and we loved it!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

What a hidden gem in the North Georgia Mtns...We spent one night here as I had planned a secret get away with my hubby...Just because!! We arrived around 4 on a Friday and our room was ready to go...Loved the room--spacious, clean and very private balcony area--but the moldy/mildew smell was so strong when we entered the room--we cranked up the AC and it got a little better. I had read other reviews that had stated the same problem...I think it is only on the 2nd floor which is partially underground==not sure but they need to address this issue--We then proceeded to the incredible golf course on the grounds...can I say that is breathtaking--so pretty and majestic surrounded by the mountains...it is a pretty tough course to play and considering I am still a beginner, it got the best of me at times...but had such a great time playing golf which is something my hubby loves to do...the seafood buffett at dinner was scrumptious...felt full and happy when we left there--do make reservations though--we had not done so, and almost didn't get in for the evening!! It is very popular with people who don't stay at the Lodge--We spent the remainder of the evening, enjoying all the various areas to relax in...the terrace level, the bar, the pool, the great stone fireplace...great gathering areas everywhere you look. In the morning, we ate the breakfast buffett--another wonderful meal and played a mean game of Corn Hole (located down by the pool)...we also took a leisurely stroll through one of the many hiking trails that are around and enjoyed some coffee on our private balcony area...All in all, we both said we would return. I will probably request a room on the upper floors, so as not to have that moldy/mildew smell...but other than that, it was a great get away!!!

Room Tip: Make sure and not get on the 2nd floor--I believe this is where the mold/mildew problem is!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grandlala
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experiences at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. I agree that Brasstown is a North Georgia "gem" with a breathtaking golf course, exceptional food and amenities. In regards to your concerns with our accommodations, we will be addressing the musty smelling rooms this year with a building renovation. We look forward to your future visits. Please feel free to contact me at any time if I can be of assistance.

Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999

Reviewed 21 July 2011

THIS REVIEW DESCRIBES AN INDIVIDUAL COTTAGE, DECOR, ACTIVITIES, AND SELECTED FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCES OF OUR FAMILY'S VISIT IN JULY OF 2011

Following more than a decade of family gatherings at the beach, we opted to plan this year's retreat in the mountains. Our choice was the beautiful Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa located in Young Harris, GA. Having seen only pictures, we really did not know what would await us. As each of our four families consisting of grandparents, parents & grandchildren (three generations) arrived, the reaction was the same. We had to pinch ourselves to believe our eyes! This venue simply took our breath away, as every aspect of our private cottage (The Hemlock) far exceeded everyone's expectations.

For a moment, imagine a blend of rustic & natural beauty, down-home comfort, genuine warmth, well-appointed furnishings, and all amenities we hoped would be in place--and you have a snapshot of The Hemlock. I am quite certain that this cottage was designed especially for our family group. With four individual spacious rooms & private baths surrounding a wonderful common area (our hub of indoor activity) with all rooms having entry, we loved every minute of grilling on the deck, enjoying the picturesque surroundings, just sitting & a-rocking on the wrap-around deck, and creatively collaborating in the kitchen area. While the warm weather did not lend itself to lighting the logs in the fireplace, it was still fun to relax in the comfortable chairs and sofa and envision the embers burning.

While our visit encompassed only two nights and three days, members of our eclectic group (age-wise) chose to swim, fish & hike, play golf & tennis, go horseback riding, venture beyond the resort grounds to watch a local rodeo show in a nearby North Carolina town, and/or just sit and rock while reading a favorite book with the majestic mountains in the background, we had lots of times to simply visit. Food, of course, was a central interest with grilling hamburgers as our kickoff meal. Throughout our visit, individuals chose both "cooking in" and the breakfast buffets--all delicious. Saturday night's dinner in the dining room (Prime Rib Buffet & all of the trimmings) was one of the highlights that we will long remember.

Before concluding my review, I want to share that the management of Brasstown verified how responsive they are when guests need assistance by correcting a small error in one of our billing calculations. Further, at all personnel levels (from the reservations desk to maintenance/cleaning staff to top management of the resort, including the dining room & staff), these individuals extend all courtesies and service to their guests in a most timely way. Don't hesitate to ask for their help, because no request is too small. Truly, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa aims to please. And they do!

Last, I notice that just above the space for writing this review, there are the words: "We have zero tolerance for fake reviews!" Don't worry! This review is real, as I am the Grandmother of the 6 Grandchildren (ages 14 to 21), wife of the Grandfather, and Mother of three of my grandchildren's parents plus their spouses--adding up to the 14 family members (including me) who loved this resort . Got that? I am not sure I made these connections clear, but what I do hope is clear: BRASSTOWN VALLEY RESORT & SPA = A WONDERFUL FAMILY VENUE TO VISIT, ENJOY, AND BUILD HAPPY MEMORIES FOR A LIFETIME!

D. Robertson / Marietta, Georgia / July 2011

#4 of 18 in Helen
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Helen, GA

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!