“Great place to eat and drink”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Sarasota
“Great place to eat and drink”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This review applies only to the restaurant and not to the hotel. If you are ever in the area, be sure to come here for drinks and/or dinner. As noted by others, the grounds and the views are spectacular. We have been here twice, and the food has been very good on both occasions. I particularly recommend the salas/pasta bar, which tonight offered prime rib and several other entrees. Very nice buffet for $25. Nice choice of wines by the glass. Good service.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley for your dining destination. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. We'd love to have you stay with us!!

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future and thank you for being our guest.

Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
GA
Reviewed 12 July 2013

On July 11th, 2013 I noticed what appeared to be a good promotion on the resort's website. I called the phone # listed and asked if there was availability on Friday June 19th and was told there was. I then asked for the Sneak Peek promotion that was advertised and was told that was only allowed Sunday - Thursday. I stated that in their fine print it didn't say that. She transferred me to the reservations manager, Jan who said this same thing. I was transferred to Charles Burton the GM and left him a message. He called me back told me that he would not be honoring the ad. Mr. Burton claimed to not know that they had changed the website advertisement after my call in earlier in the day. This bait and switch tactic has been used by scandalous companies for decades and needs to stop. I have color printouts of the ad before and after that I would love to provide even though the GM claims to have no knowledge of his.

I also stayed here previously and the food was blah, there were bugs and rodents in the indoor pool, the staff was rude and the rooms needed updating. Hopefully some of the issues have been addressed. The spa (off premise) is excellent. Just go there and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: elsewhere. don't stay here. beware
2 Thank cmbright58
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your comments.

I apologize, again, for the confusion regarding the availability of the Sneak Peek package. We offer the package Sunday through Thursday to provide guests a nice discount and increase weekday business. Discount packages are typically not available on the weekends in season.

Previous concerns regarding our food, staff interactions and pest control have been addressed. Our rooms have been updated and will continue to be updated this year and beyond.

Thank you for sharing your positive comment regarding our spa.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

it rained everyday !!! this is a classic lodge,nice people work there also.food is good .we ate there every meal for there days and nights.the golf course is pretty,the trails are nice ..the down stairs bar was great for cocktails one female bartender charged me 22 for a margarita that was to much .but we had a blast playing darts and playing pool.

Room Tip: get a balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

Norman Park, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a beautiful property. The atmosphere is relaxing with many options to keep entertained. I attended a meeting here in October 2012. Great meal from the dinning hall.The resort grounds are beautiful. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view. You have to order a microwave and a refrigerator for your room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review.I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve.

Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This resort is one of my favorite short trip destinations from Atlanta. The location is fantastic. Beautiful mountain views, gorgeous grounds and lots of amenities from golf to horse back riding. It's just up the hill from Lake Chatuge is you want to boat, fish or ski. The staff is well trained, helpful and friendly. If your planning a special event it's a terrific place. Our son and daughter-in-law were married at Brasstown Valley in April 2011.

Room Tip: We had a room with a private balcony. The room was a little dark but wonderfully quite and private...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to return to Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I spent Saturday night in the lodge. The room that I was given based out away from the Mountain View. The unfortunate thing was faced a playground That was at ground level directly out from the room. It was not a problem that I had to keep the curtains closed because I was only there for one day.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility. I wish we could provide all of our guests with the Mountain View you refer to as it is a spectacular view. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at this resort over the 4th of July holiday. The hotel room was very clean and comfortable, the resort and grounds were beautiful. We loved the landscaping and all the amenities. The staff was very friendly and very helpful at the resort and at the restaurants.
Even though it rained all day, the resort moved all the 4th of July festivities in-doors and the staff really worked hard to make it all work. Even though it rained all day our family had a great time.
We visited the very nice stables and even though we didn't have time to ride that day in the rain, they let us visit and feed the 2 new foals in the barn.

Room Tip: Some of the first floor rooms have patio doors that lead out to a small playground which is great if...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Your comments about our facility and staff are appreciated. We tried hard to ensure that our July 4th Festivities were still able to go on as planned; I am pleased to see we were able to provide the experience you were expecting! We look forward to having Brasttown Valley Resort & Spa be a destination for you for many years.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Young Harris
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Riverbend Motel & Cabins

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!