“Awesome view”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Awesome view”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great place to relax, play golf, and enjoy the awesome view of the mountains.
No matter the time of day the view is spectacular. Trails meander through the property.
Horse stable on property for riding. Spectacular sunsets to view from porch.
Dining room open for a great breakfast with lots to choose from, omelets made daily to order.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a view, spectacular sunsets over the mountains
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley for your recent stay. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. Our golf course is repeatedly ranked as one of the top courses to play in North Georgia!! I would have to agree with you about our Spectacular views...they are simply amazing!! Please return often as our guest!

6321 Highway 76Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We visited over the Fourth and had a very nice time. They had a very respectable fireworks show. Had dinner outside and stayed for the show. Beautiful large stone fireplace and paneled dining room. Breakfast is served buffet style with an omelet and waffle station. Service is very accommodating. The bar downstairs is inviting and friendly.The golf course is challenging and the vistas beautiful. The only drawback and it is small, is that the indoor pool could use a sprucing up. The have outdoor hiking trails and a stables. The spa is very nice.

Room Tip: higher room and one facing the valley, generally the king-size bed rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your holiday travels. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. I was disappointed to read that you felt the pool area needed a little "sprucing up", we do try to keep that area neat and tidy, especially during busy times such as 4th of July. I will be sure to pass this information on to the Recreation Dept to ensure we keep an extra eye on that area. Again thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future and thank you for being our guest.

Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was my first visit to Brasstown Valley. The drive into the property is beautiful with wildlife, pleasant hills, and fireflies as part of the view. The lodge is positioned near a large hidden parking area. The doormen were friendly and helpful. The lobby area is warm and inviting with a great view out of the back. Check-in was prompt with no surprises. Our room was large with a nice bath and was clean. I did not use the spa or dining facilities.

I would easily plan to come back here again.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility and staff. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. Again thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband, a friend and I had lunch on the patio and the food was great. We had the grilled Reubens and chicken wrap, and everything was delicious. The resort is absolutely beautiful, so quiet and peaceful. We look forward to our next visit. I've heard from friends it is a great place for dinner also.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley for your luch destination. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility and food. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I attended a wedding at this resort; it was an overall enjoyable experience.
Check-in- Efficient and easy with a very professional and helpful staff
Room- Very clean I was also fortunate enough to get a balcony. Balconies are sheltered, specious, with two Adirondack chairs.
Restaurants – We ate at both, received nice food with excellent service.
The wedding we went to was beautiful and the food provided by the property was superb. I am not sure we would return here but that is through no fault of the resort. We are just people who like to travel places with a water view even if it’s a lake. If you want a great mountain resorts with 5 star service this is your place.

Room Tip: Stay in the lodge and get a Balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We have been awarded "Bride's Choice" by the Wedding Wire and "Best of Weddings" by The Knot for our wedding venues. We strive to make every wedding the most memorable for the newlyweds and all of their guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, even without a water view.

Sarasota
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This review applies only to the restaurant and not to the hotel. If you are ever in the area, be sure to come here for drinks and/or dinner. As noted by others, the grounds and the views are spectacular. We have been here twice, and the food has been very good on both occasions. I particularly recommend the salas/pasta bar, which tonight offered prime rib and several other entrees. Very nice buffet for $25. Nice choice of wines by the glass. Good service.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley for your dining destination. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. We'd love to have you stay with us!!

GA
Reviewed 12 July 2013

On July 11th, 2013 I noticed what appeared to be a good promotion on the resort's website. I called the phone # listed and asked if there was availability on Friday June 19th and was told there was. I then asked for the Sneak Peek promotion that was advertised and was told that was only allowed Sunday - Thursday. I stated that in their fine print it didn't say that. She transferred me to the reservations manager, Jan who said this same thing. I was transferred to Charles Burton the GM and left him a message. He called me back told me that he would not be honoring the ad. Mr. Burton claimed to not know that they had changed the website advertisement after my call in earlier in the day. This bait and switch tactic has been used by scandalous companies for decades and needs to stop. I have color printouts of the ad before and after that I would love to provide even though the GM claims to have no knowledge of his.

I also stayed here previously and the food was blah, there were bugs and rodents in the indoor pool, the staff was rude and the rooms needed updating. Hopefully some of the issues have been addressed. The spa (off premise) is excellent. Just go there and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: elsewhere. don't stay here. beware
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cmbright58
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your comments.

I apologize, again, for the confusion regarding the availability of the Sneak Peek package. We offer the package Sunday through Thursday to provide guests a nice discount and increase weekday business. Discount packages are typically not available on the weekends in season.

Previous concerns regarding our food, staff interactions and pest control have been addressed. Our rooms have been updated and will continue to be updated this year and beyond.

Thank you for sharing your positive comment regarding our spa.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
Holiday Inn Express Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 19 in Helen

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!