“Makes for a great mountain getaway”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Young Harris
Carrollton Georgia
“Makes for a great mountain getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed here September 25 thru 27th...What a wonderful spot. We stayed in room 201 which had a large balcony on the golf course side and a great view of the mountains..There was also a wonderful waterfall right beside our balcony which we could almost touch.
The room had a king size bed, couch, desk. The bathroom was great with a large counter top and lots of room..My only complaint about the room is the size of the pillows...Full size pillows would be nice on a king size bed.
We had breakfast in the main dining room...We werent crazy about the buffet but ordering off the menu was good.
We had our lunch and dinner in Brassies...It is a great bar with exceptionally friendly staff..Thursday night we had fun taking part in the trivia...
My wife was there for a conference so I had time to wander with my camera and walked the trails closest to the resort...Loved it.
There were many places to relax on the property whether in the lobby or out on the balconies or grounds.
Parking was close to the hotel so it was an easy in and out...
We hope to travel back again when both of us can enjoy the facilities..

Picture video of our stay

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ExtremelyDusty
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be, both for your wife's conference and for your enjoyment. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. We are in the process of replacing our pillows with larger, full-size pillows.

Thank you for sharing this amazing picture video of your stay. What a pleasure that was to watch, and we will be sharing that on our facebook page also!

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

6321 Highway 76Young Harris, Georgia 30582
cburton@brasstownvalley.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Brasstown Valley Resort September 19-23 for a conference I was attending. We actually went a day early so we could enjoy the Sunday Brunch that two coworkers had recommended. It was very good and not overpriced, as I had expected. Our room had a wonderful view of the mountains, but not the golf course, so we missed the bear that was running around on the course one evening. The bed was comfortable, although the miniature pillows were a mystery and I never was able to get them into a comfortable configuration. The bathroom has a large countertop with plenty of room to spread out and the towels were oversized and fluffy. The bathroom needs a mounted magnifying makeup mirror so we women who wear glasses can get our makeup on.

The conference facilities were very nice, and resort staff was constantly clearing the tables of used coffee cups and munchie trash. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

There are two very nice gift/golf shops at the resort. There is a large fireplace which was roaring on three of our four nights there with lots of comfortable seating nearby. Comfy rockers on the expansive porch offered a lovely view, and there is a firepit at the outside seating area for the bar and grill. We ate outside at the firepit one evening, and the food was very good. We also played numerous games of "corn hole" and became hooked. My husband has already built us two boards for our firepit area at home.

The surrounding area is gorgeous, even though the leaves have not yet started to turn. There are numerous good restaurants in the area. My husband spent his time trout fishing in the nearby streams while I was stuck in my conference. We did get up to Brasstown Bald one extremely clear afternoon and were actually able to see the highrises of Atlanta - much to my amazement.

We enjoyed our visit to Brasstown Valley Resort and my group voted to return there for a future confernce.

Note to management: Our only complaint (and most of my conference group agrees) - the in-room coffee is HORRIBLE! It's the weakest stuff EVER! The Barnie's coffee from the restaurant and what was served during the conference was very good. But that stuff in the room - wow - fix that please!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the golf course, which give you a good mountain view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OhioGoneSouth
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review and your kinds words. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility and staff. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. I will share your feedback regarding our in-room coffee with our Housekeeping Manager and we will work to address the issue. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. Again thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future and thank you for being our guest.

NRR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at Brasstown over the past weekend, and while the resort in itself is very pretty, the rooms are basic. As another reviewer mentioned, the pillows are miniature sized (though comfortable). When we checked in, the pull out sofa wasn’t made up for our two sons, nor were there beddings in the room for me to fix it up. When I called front desk to request that the bed be prepared (it was 9pm, the boys needed to get to bed), the receptionist sounded annoyed, but they did come straightaway. All of the other staff were very friendly and helpful during our stay. As I was settling for the night and closing the curtains, I noticed that they had holes at the top near the hooks and were bobby-pinned in several places. Other than that, the room was functional.

There is a wonderful chimney in the lobby area, which had recent ashes in it, but we were told it wouldn’t be lit either nights of our stay, b/c it was too hot outside. The lows at night during our stay was in the 50s, and we were disappointed that we didn’t get to enjoy the feature. My sons enjoyed the heated indoor/outdoor pool and we had cocktails on the veranda on our second night. The breakfast was mediocre and though the menu had a listing for espresso, cappuccinos, etc, we were told they didn’t serve those types of beverages.

I spent a few hours at their nearby Spa, which was top notch an on par with other spas I've visited in other states.

All in all the resort is pretty, but the rooms and meals are priced too high for the quality of the rooms and food. The pool area is nice, but doesn’t make up for the average rooms and high prices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent weekend visit at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.

I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff, our spa and the pool. I will personally thank my team for being very friendly and helpful.

I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your visit. We should have provided a fire in the lobby fireplace upon your request. We have renovation plans that include the room drapes, beds, pillows and bathrooms which are scheduled to begin this winter. I will address how we handled your request for bedding, storing bedding in our guest rooms and beverage service with the specific departments to ensure we eliminate future occurrences.

Thank you again and please return often.

Blairsville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I am a local, but this was my first time playing this course. We eat at the resort regularly and play trivia at Brassies on Thursdays. However, we just never have played golf here. Played with a group of golfers from the area and we had a great time. The course is long with many sand bunkers (I don't care if I see sand again before next summer's trip to the beach.) The course was in very good shape especially the fairways. You need to be accurate and long to play this course well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your recent golf experience and for your continued patronage of our dining outlets. I agree with your comments about the Golf Course, it has been ranked by both Golf Digest and Leading Golf Courses of America as one of the top courses to play in Georgia. Your kind words regarding our facilities and food will be shared with the staff who work everyday to create warm welcomes, magic moments and fond farewells each day.

McDonough, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Had a very quiet relaxing weekend at this resort. Beautiful views. Very quiet even with a wedding during our stay. I would suggest the one hour horseback riding. Very relaxing. Resort staff was very helpful and friendly. Only have two negative comments. Considering the price of the Friday night seafood buffet, I would expect better quality food. Although some items were fresh we'll prepared, others were not. The fried shrimp was not fresh and appeared to be frozen breaded shrimp you could buy at your local grocery store. Seafood buffet definitely not something I would do again. Second our room was a little musty. We didn't complain because we understood there wer no vacancies. All in all a very good trip.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for selecting Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa to have a relaxing weekend.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your trip and I will thank my team for providing a memorable experience. I apologize for the inconveniences with regard to your accommodation and the qualitative concern with our fried shrimp. I will work with my Housekeeping Manager and Food & Beverage Manager to address each issue.

Thank you again for being our guest. Please return often and tell your friends about our wonderful facility.

Clayton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

The golf was great and the course was in wonderful shape! It was my first time at this course and we'll definitely be back! We also ate at Brassie's afterwards. The food was great, nice selection of sandwiches and bar food. Service was excellent as well. The hotel is beautiful and I've heard the spa is fabulous! We live in Clayton, about 45 minutes from Brasstown, so we're trying it for dinner this weekend!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your recent golf experience. I agree that our resort and Golf Course is a special place in one of the most scenic areas of Georgia. Your kind words regarding our staff, facilities and food will be shared with the staff who work everyday to create warm welcomes, magic moments and fond farewells each day.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I was visiting the lodge for a wedding. The ceremony took place on a scenic overlook that offered the most amazing sunset views as a backdrop. The grounds are perfectly manicured to offer a naturally ornamental feeling. The food at the resort is good and the service was very friendly.
I would highly recommend the resort for weddings, family reunions or a romantic getaway!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding your visit. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our grounds, food, and staff. I will be sharing these comments with our staff. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome the opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Thank you once again for being our guests and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your return.

tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Riverbend Motel & Cabins

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!