I stay at the Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa once a year for a conference. Beautiful property with quality amenities like the Equani Spa, pretty good food, hiking trails and stables.
I've stayed in the cabins and in the lodge. The cabins are nice -- every room has a fireplace and its own bathroom. This year we had a room at the Lodge -- a handicap accessible room. I did not ask for a handicap accessible room. The problem with this room was that it was right next to the vending area and ice machine and the elevators...very noisy location. We had a parking lot view and no balcony. Then there's the shower. It was basically a flat open part of the room with a shower curtain. I do not like a shower curtain flapping all over me and touching me. It's gross. I do not think we should have been placed in this room without being told about the differences between it and a standard room. Or...they should tell you when you book with a conference group that you will get the worst rooms in the place. By the way, for a resort in Young Harris, GA, even if it is during "leaf season" the room was overpriced for what it was.
The room itself was okay. The mattress was too squishy and needs to be replaced. The down comforter was on the bed between two sheets...the purpose of the two sheets was obviously to hide the stains all over it. I was disappointed when I discovered that.
Nothing really special about the room at all. I won't make the same mistakes again if we go next year.
The Equani spa is a don't miss, though. I felt rushed through the beginning of my experience there. I guess they had a lot of appointments stacked up. But I appreciate their efforts to stay on schedule. We had a lovely hot stone massage -- one of the best ever! Beautiful facility too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the North Georgia Mountains, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa quietly redefines the typical mountain getaway. Just a short two-hours from Atlanta, there is something for everyone at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. No longer a secret, the 18-hole championship golf course was named among Golf Digest magazine's top places to play. The Stables at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa offers one- and two-hour guided horseback trail-riding for every skill level. And the 7,500-square-foot Equani Spa, inspired by the area's native Cherokee people, serves up treatments to maximize strength, health, appearance, mental acuity and spiritual balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brasstown Valley Hotel Young Harris
- Brasstown Valley Resort And Spa
- Brasstown Valley Resort Young Harris
- Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa Georgia/Young Harris