“Beautiful Views and Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Young Harris
Atlanta
“Beautiful Views and Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stay at the Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa once a year for a conference. Beautiful property with quality amenities like the Equani Spa, pretty good food, hiking trails and stables.

I've stayed in the cabins and in the lodge. The cabins are nice -- every room has a fireplace and its own bathroom. This year we had a room at the Lodge -- a handicap accessible room. I did not ask for a handicap accessible room. The problem with this room was that it was right next to the vending area and ice machine and the elevators...very noisy location. We had a parking lot view and no balcony. Then there's the shower. It was basically a flat open part of the room with a shower curtain. I do not like a shower curtain flapping all over me and touching me. It's gross. I do not think we should have been placed in this room without being told about the differences between it and a standard room. Or...they should tell you when you book with a conference group that you will get the worst rooms in the place. By the way, for a resort in Young Harris, GA, even if it is during "leaf season" the room was overpriced for what it was.

The room itself was okay. The mattress was too squishy and needs to be replaced. The down comforter was on the bed between two sheets...the purpose of the two sheets was obviously to hide the stains all over it. I was disappointed when I discovered that.

Nothing really special about the room at all. I won't make the same mistakes again if we go next year.

The Equani spa is a don't miss, though. I felt rushed through the beginning of my experience there. I guess they had a lot of appointments stacked up. But I appreciate their efforts to stay on schedule. We had a lovely hot stone massage -- one of the best ever! Beautiful facility too.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a couple make sure you get a mountain view room. If you are traveling with a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you for continuing to choose Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa as your destination during the annual conference. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our amenities, food, trails and stables.

It was also nice to read that you enjoyed our Equani Spa and that we provide a "best ever" hot stone massage. I will personally thank those involved.

I apologize that you experienced challenges with the lodge room we provided. I will work with my team to ensure that we address your concerns with the noise and shower. We should have communicated that you were being provided a handicapped accessible room as you were registering. Our goal is to provide every guest with exactly what they prefer with the understanding that occasionally hotel occupancy creates limited options. Please give me a call prior to your next visit so they I may personally assist with your accommodations.

Thank you once again for continuing to support Brasstown.

fax (706) 379-9999
cburton@brasstownvalley.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had my wedding here in October. While it was cold, the event was spectacular. Brasstown has my highest recommendation, not only for the location and setting, which is beautiful, and the food which was delicious, but especially for the staff. Ashley Patterson is one of the most organized and adaptable managers I have ever had the opportunity to interact with. The staff at the resort made the event effortless not only for me and my bride but also for our guests. They worked quickly, taped down heater cords, brought out hot chocolate to the guests and made sure everyone was comfortable. A truly amazing experience was had by all of the guests and the spirit of the evening made the wedding a beautiful memory.

The only downsides were complications with the room reservations system and the slowness of the staff at the front desk. These were minor issues which did not interfere with the overall experience and impression of the resort.

Room Tip: The cottages are very well appointed, and the central rooms have a great kitchen and fireplace area...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to read that your wedding was all that you ever imagined for this special day. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our food, setting, and especially our staff. I will personally thank Ashley for providing you with exceptional service, as you deserved for this special day.

I am disappointed to read that you encountered some challenges with room reservations and the front desk; however, I am grateful that it did not deter from your overall experience.

Thank You Again!!

tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Brasstown.

My family and I needed quick accommodations (immediate) as our other booked cabin (upon arrival at unsaid retreat) was not so accommodating. Tom was wonderful to help us find a cabin at the very last minute and even helped us with a discounted rate! The Resort & Spa ended up costing less than the less than accommodating cabin!

The service from the restaurant to the stables to housekeeping was impeccable! Thank you for a wonderful fall family weekend! We will most definitely return and will refer others!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank Tom, and the rest of the Resort staff, for providing you with "magic moments" and wonderful guest service.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA 30582
Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were so fortunate to stay for two nights right at the peak of the fall color! We played golf, ate great food, relaxed and renewed! The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. The decor is rustic but modern. Our room, 401, was amazing--corner room with balcony, so the vista views were incredible! Highly recommend for a quick getaway!

Room Tip: We recommend room 401 or 301!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and the kind words regarding your visit. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our grounds, food, and staff. I will be sharing these comments with our staff. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests, which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome the opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Thank you once again for being our guests and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your return.

tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My spouse and I were here for a business conference. There is plenty to do here at this family friendly resort to include an indoor/outdoor heated pool, hiking trails, golf, horse back riding, etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Special kudos to the house keeping staff on the 4th floor- They were professional, quick and thorough. The rooms are clean and spacious. Also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The view from the lodge was spectacular. Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review or your recent stay during your conference. I am very pleased to read that the conference was a memorable one. I will personally thank our housekeeping staff for their professional, quick, and thorough care to your needs. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a place to "Leave your worries at our door". We look forward to being your destination of choice for years to come!

Thank You Again!!

tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at Brasstown Valley Resort September 29 through October 1. It was just beautiful and wonderfully relaxing. We enjoyed the view from the lodge and walks on the property. The staff was extremely friendly and the golf course excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. Your getaway is a great example of the service we strive to provide.

I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff, our spa and the pool. I will personally thank my team for being very friendly and helpful.

Thank you again and please return often.

Carrollton Georgia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed here September 25 thru 27th...What a wonderful spot. We stayed in room 201 which had a large balcony on the golf course side and a great view of the mountains..There was also a wonderful waterfall right beside our balcony which we could almost touch.
The room had a king size bed, couch, desk. The bathroom was great with a large counter top and lots of room..My only complaint about the room is the size of the pillows...Full size pillows would be nice on a king size bed.
We had breakfast in the main dining room...We werent crazy about the buffet but ordering off the menu was good.
We had our lunch and dinner in Brassies...It is a great bar with exceptionally friendly staff..Thursday night we had fun taking part in the trivia...
My wife was there for a conference so I had time to wander with my camera and walked the trails closest to the resort...Loved it.
There were many places to relax on the property whether in the lobby or out on the balconies or grounds.
Parking was close to the hotel so it was an easy in and out...
We hope to travel back again when both of us can enjoy the facilities..

Picture video of our stay

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ExtremelyDusty
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be, both for your wife's conference and for your enjoyment. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. We are in the process of replacing our pillows with larger, full-size pillows.

Thank you for sharing this amazing picture video of your stay. What a pleasure that was to watch, and we will be sharing that on our facebook page also!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Young Harris
#6 of 18 in Helen
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 3 in Blairsville

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!