“Love this resort”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is the second time my friend and I have visited this resort. We love the warm cabin feel. The staff is friendly and eager to please. Debbie at the front desk surprised us by leaving a bottle of wine and cheese platter to welcome us back. It really made out day. The restaurants are excellent. Unfortunately we did not make a reservation in advance for the Friday seafood buffet so we were unable to indulge during this visit. The spa across the street was excellent. We were a bit confused about the 20% service charge. We thought this was the gratuity. We come to find out that the therapist makes 17% of the 20% fee and the attendants split 3% of that fee. The resort gets the rest of the service charge, thus the therapist barely gets a tip. Basically you need to leave extra gratuity which really jacks up the price of the service. We hope to return next year. There is a lot to do nearby and some really great mom and pop restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the playground if you are not with children.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stacey Z
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was, again, everything you wanted it to be and that Debbie made you feel so special with your surprise wine & cheese tray. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with an exceptional experience. Our Friday night seafood buffet is a very popular evening, and reservations are highly recommended to ensure you get a seat. Please let us assist you in making your reservations prior to arrival on your next visit.

I was disappointed to read that there was confusion about our 20% spa service charge. The majority of this does, in fact, go directly to the therapist as a gratuity, the attendant does get a small portion as does the house. This should have been communicated to you more clearly so you did not feel you had to leave any extra. I will ensure that all staff understand the breakdown so they can effectively communicate it in the future.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

tel (706) 379-4600

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We got married at Brasstown Valley Resort, and it was the perfect place for us! Everyone was so helpful and accommodating, both to us and to our guests. Our family and friends enjoyed a nice weekend getaway, and we couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to read that your wedding was all that you ever imagined for this special day. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our food, setting, and especially our staff. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you and your guests with exceptional service, as you deserved for this special day.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a place to "Leave your worries at our door". We look forward to being your destination of choice for years to come!

Thank You Again!!

tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Again using Groupon, we had a nice, relaxing stay at Brasstown Valley Resort and Spa. The building is very clean, staff friendly and helpful. This time we enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and indoor swimming pool.

Room Tip: The room with balcony is an extra nice touch.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was, again, everything you wanted it to be. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some time in the outdoor hot tub and the indoor pool this time. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with an exceptional experience.

tel (706) 379-4600

Reviewed 13 February 2014

After many visits, Brasstown Valley Resort still provides good, solid accommodations, friendly service at reasonable rates. The rooms are clean, typically furnished middle-class hotel genre with nice views of surrounding mountains and the valley and golf course. The staff are routinely helpful and willing to make your stay a pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rosson45
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience continues to be everything you want and expect it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with "magic moments" and wonderful guest service.

6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA 30582
Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is our second time visiting the property, both times using Groupons. This visit we stayed in a lodge room with balcony overlooking the pool, golf course, and mountains. The view was amazing! The staff was pleasant and courteous at check-in, the restaurant, and in the spa. This is a great location to play home base and explore the area. Even in early Feb, there was plenty to do.
For dinner try the Copper Door in Hayesville! Amazing upscale dining.
For lunch head to Dahlonega and stop at the Back Porch Oyster Bar. Amazing. Then grab a piece of chocolate covered bacon at the candy shop across the street.
Winery options are abundant in this area. Crane Creek Winery is very close to the resort and worth a visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hardhatgirl
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to be our guests, again, and taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with an exceptional experience.

I agree that there is still plenty to do in our area, even in February. I am glad that you were able to take the time to explore all our surrounding area has to offer.

It is my hope to meet and thank you personally during your next visit. Please continue spreading your positive experiences.

tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Lovely room with balcony offering a view of the mountain and golf course. The pool is enjoyable but I recommended that they clean the water level area which needs a good brushing. Same applies to the Jacuzzi. It was mentioned to their pool manager and was to be taking care of.
The Saturday night buffet was good and abundant and the brunch was also very good with lots of choices.

Good price point since it was their low season.

Room Tip: Room with balcony with mountain view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your visit. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding your room, our facility and dining options.

It was disappointing to read that you had qualitative concerns with the pool and Jacuzzi. I will share this with my staff to ensure we are properly cleaning these areas.

Thank you once again for being our guests and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your return.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This resort is located in a perfect place with mountain views on every side. I don't golf but the course looks great. The rooms are immaculate and roomy. Bed was comfy. Love that I showered for thirty minutes and never ran out of hot water. Love the oval shower curtain rod that give you extra space too. Quiet rooms. Never heard other guests next door. I think this is a five star resort and I work at one so I am pretty picky. The employees are great. I couldn't sleep and wandered downstairs to the free business center which is open 24-7 and played around on my facebook and internet. I asked the front desk if they could rustle me up some hot chocolate and Justin the security guard brought me a steaming cup!!! Talk about five star treatment. He even offered to make me a fire in the lobby fireplace. All of the employees were great. Had breakfast in the restaurant on property and it was fabulous. Got a pedicure at the spa and it was also a wonderful experience. I will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies. I didn't realize until after we checked in. Nice to sit outsid...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank busielady1
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, service and staff. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. I will personally thank Justin and the rest of my staff for providing you with the level of service you expect and deserve. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. Again thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future and thank you for being our guest.

6321 US Hwy 76

#4 of 18 in Helen
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Helen, GA

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!