“Beautiful location...clean and inviting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Young Harris
Newnan, Georgia
“Beautiful location...clean and inviting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was our second visit to Brasstown. So enjoyed the hotel and spa. A great place to relax with plenty of activity as well. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the front desk staff is professional and friendly.
The only negatives were the bellman at check out was extremely rude...was actually non responsive as we spoke to him. It was strange how angry he seemed. We are not easily offended but we wondered what was wrong with him.
We had a similar experience at breakfast when our server became irritated and made a big deal out of the fact that we were using a Groupon but did not have the little cards provided by the front desk. When I explained we were not given cards and there was no mention of them at check-in she continued to question as if that could not be true, and wouldn't let us order until they spoke to the front desk. At one point I said forget it, we'll just order and pay out of pocket, because she made us feel so uncomfortable. The cards were eventually produced by the front desk but our pleasant breakfast was marred by the server's attitude.
Overall, we like this resort and will come again. The staff was great with the exception of the those mentioned above...and the property is lovely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your continued patronage and support of Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.

I appreciate your positive feedback regarding the properties atmosphere, accommodations, our front desk staff and the resort activities.

I apologize for the negative interactions you encountered with our bellman and server during breakfast. I have been able to determine which staff members were involved and the proper coaching/training has been provided. This type of interaction is not, as you have experienced, typical and will not happen in the future.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and please tell your friends about Brasstown (the positive experiences of course). We look forward to many future visits.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999
cburton@brasstownvalley.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My best friend and I came here using travel zoo and we has the best time! We didn't book any activity and the girl at the front desk (Katlyn) helped us plan out everything we did like horseback riding and the wine tasting. She also found us a room looking at the mountains. The lunch buffet was amazing and we loved the big fireplace in the lobby. We will defiantly come back in the summer or fall.

Room Tip: Get a room with an odd number because they face the mountains
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracy L
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to be our guests and taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank Kaitlyn for providing you with an exceptional experience.

It is my hope to meet and thank you personally during your next visit. Please continue spreading your positive experiences.

tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999
Cburton@brasstownvalley.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a wonderful experience for the whole family. Great hiking trails, spa, indoor/outdoor pool, stables, and lots of scenic views. It does not get any better than this! Lovely staff and wonderful dining room with seafood night on Fridays! Terrific staff and an overall wonderful stay. Thanks everyone at Brasstown!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted and expected it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with "magic moments" and wonderful guest service.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA 30582
Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com
Signal Mountain, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at Brasstown valley late last week. The service and accommodations were excellent. We had a 4th floor room with a balcony. We were able to enjoy a nice hike on the nearby trails. We had one breakfast and one dinner at the resort. Both were very good. We also enjoyed the spa. We plan to come back in the future.

1 Thank KimsHusband
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and the kind words regarding your visit. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our grounds, food, and staff. I will be sharing these comments with our staff. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests, which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome the opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Thank you once again for being our guests and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your return.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999
cburton@brasstownvalley.com
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We bought a Groupon on a whim, not knowing anything about Brasstown Valley Resort. The lodge was beautiful, with roaring fireplaces and beautiful scenic views. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were updated and very nice. We were unable to play golf at the resort due to work being done on the greens, but we did play one of the five nearby courses and it was a delightful outing! We ate at Brassies, the downstairs grill and we even got in a few games of darts. Fun, fun, fun trip. We will definitely be returning! There is a lot to do and explore and Brasstown Valley is a great place to come back to after a day of adventures!

1 Thank Trish C
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be, especially being your first visit. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I was happy to read that you were able to experience one of the nearby courses while ours was "healing" from aeration.

6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA 30582
Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com
Winder, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Brasstown Valley Resort is an out-of-the-way resort that lowers the blood pressure and increases the business.

It accommodates meetings well, with space and seating that works.

The lodge is great, however if one is assigned the cottages, the walls are rather thin. Try and mgr to the lodge.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to be our guests and taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with an exceptional experience.

I do appreciate your comments regarding our meeting space; we do enjoy catering to our business guests as well as our leisure guests. I do apologize if you experienced any issues with noise from neighboring rooms in the cottage. We are in the process of a multi-year project to address noise concerns in all rooms.

tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999
CBurton@brasstownvalley.com
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my third trip to the Brasstown Valley Resort and Spa and the most disappointing. Of 3 massage experiences, 2 have been unsatisfactory and one was adequate but not super. I've been getting massage for 30 yrs and have experienced the top, The Four Seasons, to below average, Massage Envy, and I know what a good massage experience should be like. The massage therapist, a woman, performed a perfunctory and hurried massage, somewhat like a drill sergeant in a hurry. She seemed impatient when I requested to use the ladies room prior to the massage. There were several times when I wondered if she were still in the room, as her hands were not touching me for what seemed like several minutes.The "warm" towels she placed on my feet and back were tepid at best. She wore heavy shoes and when she did walk in the room it sounded like she was wearing combat boots clomping about. What I had booked as a Swedish massage with long slow strokes was actually a punishing staccato of jabs and thrusts, which I registered as painful several times, at which point she did lighten up. Overall the staff in the Spa was very pleasant. When asked how my experience was checking out and I related the above, the manager comped my spa lunch, which helped somewhat with the disappointing experience.
The spa outdoor pool was not working and I was not advised ahead of time. The fireplace blew smoke into the spa filling the room with acrid smoke. The room had to be aired out with open doors and large fans, which created a drop in temperate that was not pleasant.
Been coming up to this hotel almost 15 yrs and this was our worst experience by far. It will be a long time before we return to what was once one of our favorite place.

Room Tip: We were in room 415, which overlooked the pool and mountains and was very pleasant but required an u...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrasstownStaff, Spa Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent visit to the Equani Spa. I remain disappointed that your visit was not to your satisfaction and again I apologize for the inconveniences we created.

I will share your experiences with my team and thank those that provided exceptional service. Your Swedish massage should have been relaxing and not rushed. The hot tub maintenance concern and the towels not being warm have been addressed.

Providing the complimentary lunch was a gesture of goodwill that I was happy you enjoyed. It is my hope that given your previous experiences at Brasstown, you will consider this past visit as isolated and provide us the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next visit so that I may personally assist with the arrangement.

Christie Bennett
#5 of 18 in Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 18 in Helen

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!