“What a great place!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Nashville, TN
“What a great place!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a gorgeous place to stay. The staff was super friendly and reminds me why I love small towns. If you want a getaway this is a place to visit. The food was fantastic and the setting was more than you could ask for.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the golf course or if you want, one of the cabins that are spectacular...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to be our guests and taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with an exceptional experience.

I do appreciate your comments regarding our facility, staff, food, and accommodations.

It is my hope to meet and thank you personally during your next visit. Please continue spreading your positive experiences.

CBurton@brasstownvalley.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Sugar Hill, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here last weekend and had an incredible time. We utilized many of the amenities - spa, stables, pool, restaurants. Rooms are large enough and ours had a fireplace. Took a beautiful hike through the woods. Definite worth visiting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbamarc
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 May 2014

I do appreciate your comments regarding our facility, staff, food, and accommodations, and was very glad to read that you were able to enjoy our many amenities.

CBurton@brasstownvalley.com
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our 2nd visit to Brasstown Valley Resort. We purchased a getaway package over Memorial Day Holiday where each adult got an "activity" included with the room fee. My wife visited the spa twice. It was quite good both times, however they seemed to have some issues with the invoices from the spa. However, the front desk was helpful at checkout to rectify the issue. I had two rounds of golf. The golf was really nice. Greens were in very good condition. Definitely a challenging course. We also did a 2 hour horseback ride one morning which was great. My only criticism was the food. My wife and I both thought the food was good, but not outstanding. Each morning, we had a breakfast buffet. You can also get eggs/omelets cooked to order. But the dinner was just OK. My wife had a chicken pasta that was very very oily. It was because the sun-dried tomatoes were probably not rinsed and just tossed in the pasta. My pecan crusted trout was good, but lacked a little seasoning. Prime Rib was good, but we think there was a lot of MSG or tenderizer on it. In the middle of the night, we were hot and thirsty and we didn't feel quite "right". So, if your sensitive to MSG, be sure to ask. Although I very much enjoy Brasstown Valley Resort, it is still in 2nd place behind Barnsley Gardens Resort (which I consider the Gold Standard) in this type/style of resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve L
Thank you for taking time to share your comments and for continuing to visit Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.

I enjoyed reading your positive comments regarding our spa and I will share your concerns regarding the billing challenges with our Spa Manager.

It was disappointing to read your comments regarding the food quality in our restaurant. I will work with my Executive Chef and team to ensure we consistently deliver a properly seasoned and prepared product. Our Executive Chef will be contacting you as well to ensure we take the proper steps to address the specific concerns.

Thank you once again and our goal is to be 1st on your list.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Gorgeous property with just enough snap to make things special. Food was excellent. Kids loved the horseback riding and the pool was very pleasant. We did not golf, but the course looked like something a golfer would really enjoy. We were there for my niece's wedding and the staff was just wonderful. Her wedding setting was beautiful and the resort did a wonderful job at staffing (without the feeling of staffing!).

Room Tip: Don't forget a swimsuit
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be, and your niece's wedding was just wonderful and we were able to staff without feeling staffed. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA 30582
Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com
Norcross GA
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had our Son's wedding at Brasstown Valley and it could not have been better. The Staff was fantastic, always checking to ensure our experience was outstanding. The grounds were spectacular and very well maintained. Our room was nice, not what we expected but they were very clean and the view was outstanding.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to read that your son's wedding was all that you ever imagined for his special day. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a place to "Leave your worries at our door". Your observations regarding our facility and our staff are appreciated. We feel that our facility is amazing but it is the staff and the service they give that make it exceptional!! We look forward to being your destination of choice for years to come!

Thank You Again!!

Dacula
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've always wanted to visit Brasstown Valley Resort and was please to see an offer on Groupon. While I have purchased Groupon hotel stays (and have not been disappointed) this was a different story. The fine printed stated that the stay would be within the lodge which I confirmed via telephone directly with the hotel. Upon arrival, we were placed in a cabin several miles from the hotel. The cabin stunk like urine, had cobwebs and it was evident that it had not been aired or used in some time. Upon calling the front desk, we were advised that they had booked a large wedding party and had no rooms available. No fine printed indicated that we would be bumped (remember, I confirmed our hotel stay). Horrible service at the front desk as well. Groupon graciously credited part of my fee - no thanks to the hotel.

Room Tip: Insist upon a room WITHIN the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Shay F
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I apologize that we failed to deliver a positive experience during your brief visit to Brasstown Valley Resort.

We should have honored your request for a lodge room and we most certainly should have provided a properly cleaned cabin for your arrival. I have shared your specific concerns with my housekeeping and front desk staff with a focus on preventing similar occurrences in the future.

I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologize and discuss the inconveniences we created.

It is my hope that we will be allowed to regain your confidence in Brasstown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Brasstown Valley Resort needs to get their act together. During a business trip, I stayed in one of the cabins along with 3 other colleagues. We each presented our credit cards at check-in and asked for the rooms to be put in each of our individual names so that we were billed separately. My colleague was billed for 3 different rooms and I was never billed for my room. My assistant had to call the resort 5 times to try to get this straightened out and received no return phone call. I was finally able to get through to someone this morning. The setting is beautiful but the resort is poorly run.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Annie B
I apologize that we were not able to properly handle your billing requests. I was disappointed to read about the challenges you experienced as our guest. Additional training and accountability will occur to ensure that we do not create these types of frustrations for our guests in the future.

Thank you for stating that our setting is beautiful and please know that we are always working to consistently provide positive guest experiences at Brasstown.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Young Harris
Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 3 in Blairsville

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!